Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buy one Get one Free

BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230

Is there a way around having to buy a month to get the free month that game with the game purchase?

I do not think I will sub to this game but did pay for the game would like to play it a month to see if it grows on me.

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Dear god, how many more threads about this?   In mmorpgs with a sub, 9 times out of 10 you need to register your payment method to access the 30 free days.  That's REGISTER, not PAY for.  You can insta-cancel your subscription payment method after that and you still get the 30 days
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

DMK,

Seriously, stop trolling the game.

The charge occurred in LIMITED quatities.  It was RESOLVED.  AND posted by Zenimax.

The least you could do on the forums is be honest with people.  Yes it did happen to a COUPLE of people.  But has since been resolved.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/67461/bank-account-being-charged/p1

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Originally posted by Dibdabs
    Dear god, how many more threads about this?   In mmorpgs with a sub, 9 times out of 10 you need to register your payment method to access the 30 free days.  That's REGISTER, not PAY for.  You can insta-cancel your subscription payment method after that and you still get the 30 days

Just because its popular opinion, doesn't make it right! 

• TerminalDeityTerminalDeity Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by Ikeda

DMK,

The charge occurred in LIMITED quatities.  It was RESOLVED.  AND posted by Zenimax.

The least you could do on the forums is be honest with people.  Yes it did happen to a COUPLE of people.  But has since been resolved.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/67461/bank-account-being-charged/p1

I registered my payment method on Sunday, and was IMMEDIATELY charged for a month subscription, with a notice that I would be charged AGAIN exactly one month from that date. It says NOWHERE that they plan on refunding that fee, and as far as I can tell, I got screwed out of the free month that was supposed to come with the game. Needless to say, I have a ticket open with support. If it is not resolved in the next few days, I will charge back the ENTIRE amount (including the amount I paid for the game), and never touch another Zenimax product.

I realize they will ban my account, and that's fine. Not going to just let this slide.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by DMKano

DMK,

I was charged for the full amount.

My entire guild was charged for the full amount.

Maybe it is fixed now - I can only speak from my experience.

There are also folks on reddit who still claim that it is NOT fixed - they are still charging a full amount.

So yeah I am not going to believe it just yet.

Couple of people - just WRONG - I know for a fact that my entire guild was charged.

It was a pre-auth, no money was actually taken. This thread needs to be closed due to misinformation.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Originally posted by TerminalDeity

DMK,

I registered my payment method on Sunday, and was IMMEDIATELY charged for a month subscription, with a notice that I would be charged AGAIN exactly one month from that date. It says NOWHERE that they plan on refunding that fee, and as far as I can tell, I got screwed out of the free month that was supposed to come with the game. Needless to say, I have a ticket open with support. If it is not resolved in the next few days, I will charge back the ENTIRE amount (including the amount I paid for the game), and never touch another Zenimax product.

I realize they will ban my account, and that's fine. Not going to just let this slide.

It is literally the second question on their support page. You were not charged anything. /facepalm x1000.

Originally posted by Aeonblades

DMK,

There are also folks on reddit who still claim that it is NOT fixed - they are still charging a full amount.

Couple of people - just WRONG - I know for a fact that my entire guild was charged.

It was a pre-auth, no money was actually taken. This thread needs to be closed due to misinformation.

In my case, it was NOT a pre-authorization. You are TOTALLY misinformed about this situation. Zenimax actually charged me, and the money came out of my account. It's gone. They took it. Furthermore, on my account page of their website, it indicates that I will be charged again a month from now. NO FREE 30 DAYS. 

Do you get it?

DMK,

In my case, it was NOT a pre-authorization. You are TOTALLY misinformed about this situation. Zenimax actually charged me, and the money came out of my account. It's gone. They took it. Furthermore, on my account page of their website, it indicates that I will be charged again a month from now. NO FREE 30 DAYS. 

Do you get it?

Even if you were mistakenly charged, it's nothing that 30 minutes with tech support couldn't fix. They would probably even give you extra free time.

• archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88
    one of my friend from world of warcraft, registered his standard eso edition on tuesday (4/08/14) and got charged $14.99+ tax on his credit card statement. So no its not solved. Its the only friend that i know purchased eso. If your going to registerr your retail edition of eso be wary of your bank statement and credit card statement as soon as you register your key.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Do you get it?

They said the day it started if you got charged contact them and they will take care of it. THey can't just keep money they received due to an error.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• venatsvenats Member Posts: 106

My credit card was also charged, though I set-up my account officially late monday. I had made sure to tell my card company to be wary of the charge and they had given me a call when it did indeed occur. It's now in dispute through my actual cc company and not the non-existent Zenimax support.

They haven't fixed shit.

DMK,

Do you get it?

Even if you were mistakenly charged, it's nothing that 30 minutes with tech support couldn't fix. They would probably even give you extra free time.

You might think that, but you would be wrong.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Kind of sad, but I guess if even a few percent of people don't realize they got billed extra, then it's easy money for ZOS.  Could be a real high %, who knows.  Apparently it's a rewarding "mistake" if it's still being done.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

DMK,

It is literally the second question on their support page. You were not charged anything. /facepalm x1000.

As I already stated, It was NOT a hold. The money was actually debited from my account. It first appeared in the "pending" section on my bank's account information page, and after 24 hours, it was ACTUALLY debited from my account. I am 40 fucking years old, I know when someone has taken money from my bank account.

DMK,

As I already stated, It was NOT a hold. The money was actually debited from my account. It first appeared in the "pending" section on my bank's account information page, and after 24 hours, it was ACTUALLY debited from my account. I am 40 fucking years old, I know when someone has taken money from my bank account.

Why would you go back to an older quote than the one where I suggested getting in touch with ZOS for a refund if you were really charged? No, now I think you are just trolling and filled with anger and looking for a fight.

Everyone watch out, we got a Russell Crowe in here.

• theoldgods666theoldgods666 Member Posts: 34
    Wait  so the game really does charge you for the free 30 days? 
    Originally posted by theoldgods666

No, it's only happened to a small section of players in error. ZOS is giving refunds for the error if you contact them. I found their CS to be very helpful and quick, took about 30 minutes for me to resolve an issue I had with my purchase on launch day.

• theoldgods666theoldgods666 Member Posts: 34

No, it's only happened to a small section of players in error. ZOS is giving refunds for the error if you contact them. I found their CS to be very helpful and quick, took about 30 minutes for me to resolve an issue I had with my purchase on launch day.

Ah ok well it's good they fixed it than. 

So exactly how did you contact customer service? I have had a ticket open since Monday morning, and waited on hold for a total of 3 hours now, and have not been able to resolve anything. I really am interested to know exactly what inside track you have to their customer service, since your description is the exact opposite of my experience, and everyone else's that I can find documented anywhere.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

So exactly how did you contact customer service? I have had a ticket open since Monday morning, and waited on hold for a total of 3 hours now, and have not been able to resolve anything. I really am interested to know exactly what inside track you have to their customer service, since your description is the exact opposite of my experience, and everyone else's that I can find documented anywhere.

IF you're having that much trouble dispute it through your CC, you have documented proof the company charged you in error, they've acknowledged it publicly.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

I submitted a ticket on their webpage for them to call me by phone and was on the phone with them 20 minutes later. No secret or anything. Issue was resolved in 10 minutes, so 30 minutes in total. I have seen a couple of people have issues like you have with their CS and it makes me wonder if some of their employees are incompetent and I just happened to get the good ones.

I would resubmit your ticket if I were you, and good luck getting it resolved !

DMK,

Why would you go back to an older quote than the one where I suggested getting in touch with ZOS for a refund if you were really charged? No, now I think you are just trolling and filled with anger and looking for a fight.

Your quotes appear exactly as shown in my post. I don't know what you're talking about. There is no more recent, less ignorant, posts from you that I can see.

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

Money is set aside and not taken. It does not end up with Zenimax it stays with your bank and is returned.

Think of it as a 'Checking to see if the card is valid' scheme.

You will not be charged to play your free month and if by some strange reason you are, you will be refunded.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

DMK,

Your quotes appear exactly as shown in my post. I don't know what you're talking about. There is no more recent, less ignorant, posts from you that I can see.

I don't even know what to say to this. You quoted a post from way earlier in the thread that was BEFORE I suggested getting with them for a refund if you were charged. I'm trying to help you here, I don't want you to be charged money wrongfully any more than I would want it.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

DMK,

I know a hold was put on the funds for me. I don't know if this is technically different than being charged, but it does feel the same.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"