Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert: Overhauled Combat System Shines in New Gameplay Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The second amazing Black Desert video has been released from the game's second closed beta phase. This time, combat takes center stage and players are treated to a look at the overhauled combat mechanics. Let us know what you think!

Thanks to Tenkousei for the tip!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    That flickering with the camera while they do skills would drive me crazy.
  • DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Looks nice but could not finish watching the vid the studders gave me a headache.
  • DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424
    The combat mechanics look great. Is there collision detection, atleast for melee? But yeah, the flickering. Jesus image
  • WingeyeWingeye Member Posts: 58

cant say that i like it

only some redbulled up kids can get pleasure out of this mess too much blurr and other extra that the camera doesnt need

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Ya know, with this trend of "action" combat in MMOs, I'd love to see an MMO where you didn't have to hit the unarmored, cloth wearing, soft-flesh exposed enemy 50 times to whittle down their health bar.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Bit disappointed in the warrior combat but archer, mage and berzerker gameplay looks really fun. Hopefully they improve the combat animations and cut down on the blur and flashing.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401

Leaving out the video quality nitpicking of previous posters, I will say that the game now looks like it has Vindictus quality action combat (best in the genre) in the single best looking MMO setting I have seen. If they can manage to do the siege warfare decently and translate the story so it makes sense it will be far better than TESO with its bland combat.

So, now I am beyond looking forward to the game and am now waiting impatiently for release.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

What I see there is left mosue button spam spam spam spam spam oo look he is going to hit me jump back.. 1 special attack.. left mouse button spam spam spam spam spam.. (unless of course its auto attack)

That melee guy pulls off so many attacks without even getting tired.. Plus animation locks for attacks.. so you cant move when attacking you are just locked in an animation.

No real tactics involved here just spam and move out the way. I dont know I just want something more from a combat system these days.. Sure this system looks nice and is maybe fun for a bit but I could see myself getting bored of it fast..

Who knows guess I just have to wait until I can try it. Guess I am just waiting for an MMO with monut and blade style combat.. a few onthe way so I will have to wait for those as well/

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    oops did not mean to quote myself.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by SwampDragons
    That flickering with the camera while they do skills would drive me crazy.

me too, I hate combat that looks like that.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Game looks awesome so far but I could do without that camera flicker thing.  I think playing this for an hour would give me  a headache.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Not liking the constant camera blur and the animation locks.  Hopefully easily fixable.
  • TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Looking pretty good but the blur does need to be turned down a bit....kind of bothered my eyes!
  • TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114

You're welcome :)

Really like what they showed so far. Let's hope they find a publisher for the Western territories.

I don't mind the whole over-the-top effects. I loved Kingdoms of Amular back when it released as wel and it had a similar combat style.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Ok  here is what I see?

for console controllers 

A,A,A,B,A,B,A,A,B,B,B,B 

For keyboards

ohh and jump thrown Ina few times as ell.... So exciting.

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394

1) Make the AI a little bit smarter, this looks too easy to me.

2) As long as the classes are gender locked I will never get into it.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Is this game even coming out in the US? Any news? ETA?
  • taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Impressive combat and engine.

Pro:

• AAA quality animations of both player and NPCs. This is almost cut-scene quality.
    • Top notch particle effects, subtle and professional
    • Superb sound FX engineering
    • Physically accurate combat with impact and weight.
    Cons:
    • Overuse of depth of field
    • Too much Blur
    • Camera shakes and impacts are disorienting
    • Prone to induce motion sickness

Not sure i could play this on the settings shown in the video. It was hard to watch at some points due to the excessive shaking and blurring. This however may change when you control the character yourself.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

for sure they will have an option to remove camera shake (at least in GW2 there is, although in jumping puzzle the camera shaking supposed to add difficulty ..!)

well if you want to make a compare check the C9 which had the same developers .. yes its far away better than ESO and Wildstar, i dunno why they learned nothing from Vindictus and C9 ... : /

also in boss mechanics they mention there will be formations, if they transfer these formation in siege warfare this game will be a blast for guilds xD