Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I seem to have burned myself out at level 23 and 4 Days in Game Played.

kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

So I guess I should first off say I have enjoyed the combat, questing, exploring, public dungeons, and much more. I think my Top 3 Things in this game have been Skyshard Hunting, Public Dungeons, Crafting. Not much of a crafter in Most MMORPG's so that is a big big thing so far for me.

I have even created over 40 Let's Play Episodes for the game. Though overtime I was starting to do less and less. Before I covered pretty much any and all my gameplay and then I began to be more distant only updating on my progress in the videos.

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjMDVXkLIQ36R8xUpISjJrxpGEqc-5Nhl

So I guess most would say take a break you played a lot but that is really not my issue. I have played Minecraft for 4 years with some breaks but overall played it none stop with easily 15,000 hours+ And I run a couple servers for people thinking that is insane so it was a pretty big hobby for me.

What is my biggest issue? Well I love questing but I'm sort of not wanting to quest as much. I guess I ended up falling so much into the exploring and the public dungeons that I ended up going back to stonefields to make sure I had them all done. I have done some PvP but I found the PvP for me did not offer me enough reward to keep going. I don't expect PvP to be equal or offer me more exp then PvE soloing but I would have enjoyed it more if I could at least get 1/3rd of my exp by just taking castles and joining a raid and fighting for my alliance.

I'm not even sure if someone can suggest anything for me to do or if I'm just screwed. I feel a bit depressed that I'm only 23. I do love the idea of a slow leveling system but at the sametime I guess I get brained washed with so many people doing the ring exploits and duo exp grinding with AoE that it makes my little archer sad.

Here is a screenshot of in game of my played and my little cute horse that I grinded up the gold for.

SNIP

Comments

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

And i thought i play a lot. ;p

By the way interesting chat going on there. The community in this game is just really immature.

• NatjurNatjur Member UncommonPosts: 125

I promised myself I would not 'rush' this MMO and I would listen
    ead all dialog.

But its so hard not run from place to place and bypass dialog in ESO

I have also burnt out (my own fault) and need to slow down. I got to L40 too fast, and I have taking a break and going back to Everquest Next Landscape and just slowing building a few things.

Its so hard just to take it slow

As for the chat windows, I have 'zone' chat and yells filtered out as its just like your chat window.

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

I am still reading/listening to most of the quest NPCs. I have hit lvl 22 whereas many of my guild mates are much higher level.

I am still enjoying the ride.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• SilacoidSilacoid Member UncommonPosts: 237

Maybe the solution is to not play the game for 8 hours a day and experience the real world for a bit.  I don't get why people don't get why they burn out on games when it is the only thing they do all day.

Nobody in life can sit and do the same thing all day every day and have it not feel like a job.

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330
    Even with exploring and reading quest text 4 days played for lv 23 is pretty tough to do.  Did you do a ton of crafting?
  • CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

I only listen to the interesting looking NPCs really. Some voices I'm like hell no!

I'm level 28 at the moment in Rivenspire. I need to check but I could swear picking random chests was giving quite a large chunk of xp. A exploration run is always entertaining.

Spent 20 minutes trying to locate one of those pre-order treasure maps... near a windmill in a town full of bloody windmills

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    I've always found that I do much, much better in games like this if I invest in smaller doses.  You can get a lot done in a few hours, and it doesn't lead to the same degree of burnout.  Take a few days off.  I'd also vary the routine: e.g. read some of the books; try the PvP; and so on.
  • SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    4 days to burn out...... Get a job. Harsh you say? Yup I agree

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Wow, I've got about 6 hours in and level 8 in two days. One thing I like about this game, it's the first time in an MMO where I didn't feel rushed to get to end game. I'm having fun just running around exploring, crafting, etc. But again wow, my hats off to you for playing that much in such a short amount of time. 

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    I was beginning to burn myself out but I took the weekend off and with exams coming up I shouldn't have too much time to play. I have about 14 hours less played than you and I'm at 29, and I thought I was taking my time!
  • TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001

I'm not sure what answer you are looking for.

I'm not one of those people that will bow in admiration for a screenshot of someone's /played, or their accumulated vids.  Grats on having that much free time? 

You burned yourself out.  Take a break.  Seems like a no-brainer.

• superussuperus Member Posts: 94

Ya so OP.. no one cares!!  In fact to anyone getting ready to post the next here's - me - burning - through - content - and - then - complaining / venting / epeening or whatever...

no.. one.. cares..

Ok now that I've written that post that no ones cares about I'll go back to avoiding forums.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by kanechart

I'm not even sure if someone can suggest anything for me to do or if I'm just screwed. I feel a bit depressed that I'm only 23. I do love the idea of a slow leveling system but at the sametime I guess I get brained washed with so many people doing the ring exploits and duo exp grinding with AoE that it makes my little archer sad.

How about playing for the sake of playing and "letting go" of what others do.

If you try to keep up with "the joneses" you will always lose.

Depressed that you are 23? You need perspective. There are people I know who started today and they are level 6.

some people have been playing since launch and they are only in their teens.

You've got to start doing things "for you" and stop measuring yourself against what you perceive as "better". Because it's not. After all, where has it gotten you? Imagine if you let go of leveling and just logged into the game and had fun until it was time to log off? No eye on the prize just "being" and enjoying yourself.

Because, in the end, when all is said and done, everyone reaches "50". image (image )

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

That's why I dont rush contents, staying away from wiki's, forum spoilers and lets play videos (no offence). Trying to take this one real slow. I am still in starter city map just dinged lvl 16 yesterday and I'm starting from 5 day early access lol.

One thing for sure, the absence of AH made me play at a slower pace, it's funny but it's true and hard to explain at the same time.

• ReesRacerReesRacer Member UncommonPosts: 179

The 24-hour news cycle, constant input from everything including Twitter and FB means almost everyone not taking over-dose amounts of Ritalin or Adderall means most people can no longer endure: more traditional pacing, reading text/quest dialogue, taking time to explore, craft, or enjoy the game that was actually developed

If after 4 days, you are almost half the level cap, and are bored and think that's too slow, then play something else. There are many, MANY other games to cater to your tastes...and there is nothing wrong with that!

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

And i thought i play a lot. ;p

By the way interesting chat going on there. The community in this game is just really immature.

Isnt it immate to feel the need to respond to it?

The internet is filled with kids.  On here, Reddit, Ingame you are always talking with kids and teenagers.  

It is not just "that " game it is every game and nearly any entertaining website, It is very immature to not realize that and deal with/understand it.  For a young kid that most likely was a fun conversation and just because of that they should keep doing it.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199

I played 3 beta weekends and I did not find a single dungeon that wasn't a tiny linear dinky thing. Does this hold true for the whole game?

I was initially excited by public dungeons, a return to golden age MMO standard....except they're designed just like instanced dungeons. Linear with a boss at the end, fit for maybe 8 people max.

The big main quest setpiece dungeon that you need a group for... 100% linear and completely boring, just like all the LotRO, WoW, and "modern" dungeons.

Is there anything closer to DAoC or EQ or Vanguard dungeons?

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    I am enjoying this greatly.  
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    I am loving the game i played NB to 30 and did not like the class. so i remade in to a DK and im having fun, but im one of those ppl who makes their own fun and does not demand it be placed by the devs. Give me a cliff and i will jump off it till i manage to take no dmg.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by 9reesracer9

The 24-hour news cycle, constant input from everything including Twitter and FB means almost everyone not taking over-dose amounts of Ritalin or Adderall means most people can no longer endure: more traditional pacing, reading text/quest dialogue, taking time to explore, craft, or enjoy the game that was actually developed

If after 4 days, you are almost half the level cap, and are bored and think that's too slow, then play something else. There are many, MANY other games to cater to your tastes...and there is nothing wrong with that!

sad how many people don't read posts.

Not 4 days.  4 days of game time, almost 100 hours.  That is slow, that is really slow. 

But I'm having the same problem.  I'm only level 16 though.  Hopefully I'll make it to 23

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Originally posted by superus
    Ya so OP.. no one cares!!  In fact to anyone getting ready to post the next here's - me - burning - through - content - and - then - complaining / venting / epeening or whatever...no.. one.. cares..Ok now that I've written that post that no ones cares about I'll go back to avoiding forums.

+10

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by superus

Ya so OP.. no one cares!!  In fact to anyone getting ready to post the next here's - me - burning - through - content - and - then - complaining / venting / epeening or whatever...

no.. one.. cares..

Ok now that I've written that post that no ones cares about I'll go back to avoiding forums.

Everyone who posted cares a bit. If they did not care they would not post their point of views. Was not even a target against the game. Just looking for suggestions or feedback to find a way to gain my drive again.

But thanks for all your care and pretending not to care 

XOXOXOXOX

SNIP

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Can relate at level 32 I've gone from 12 hour sessions down to 2 or 3 hour sessions.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Finished the vampire quest and made level 21 DK.  It feels like I just started playing with a new skill tree to work on.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• FatalistFatalist Member UncommonPosts: 44

I wish you could get XP for hours spent trying to setup the perfect screenshot of your character!!