Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a MMO with meaning...

MorningStarGGMorningStarGG Member UncommonPosts: 394

I have been looking for an MMO for a while now, and have tried just about every major MMO and have not quite found what I want in any of them...

Ranked in order of importance:

Crafting: I want meaningful deep crafting not just click button and wait with no variation.

Housing: I want highly customizable housing that even mixes with the crafting if possible.

PvP: While I love PvP, FFA with full loot is out of the question. 3 factions can be great for balance but I want giant sieges and combat.

Combat: I want more than just tab target I want a bit more dynamic and innovative. I want dynamic combat.

Questing: I want the game to have a great story, but I don't want to grind to see it, I want it to hide the grind and to be fun.

Are there any games that fit this mold? Is my perfect game out there? I haven't found it so I'm hoping you guys can give some options.

Owner/Admin of GodlessGamer.com - Gaming news and reviews for the godless.

Comments

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    You are pretty much describing DAoC

imageimage

• RageGoriaRageGoria Member UncommonPosts: 61
    you probably want either Gloria Victis or Life is Feudal
  • ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    Achaea fits your bill; various crafting skills, player housing with lots of customization, complex PvP with lots of skills and healing methods, city raids, narrative admin-ran RP events, etc
  • GrourouxGrouroux Member UncommonPosts: 16
    • Crafting: I want meaningful deep crafting not just click button and wait with no variation.

In Gangs of Space, i think you can discover a really new way to think crafting in a MMO, even we are in Alpha, it's playable.

• Housing: I want highly customizable housing that even mixes with the crafting if possible.

We don't have "housing", but you will be free to build bases in space, and multiple modules to extract ressources and researchs.

• PvP: While I love PvP, FFA with full loot is out of the question. 3 factions can be great for balance but I want giant sieges and combat.

No PvP, but a permadeath.

• Combat: I want more than just tab target I want a bit more dynamic and innovative. I want dynamic combat.

YES ! We got that !

• Questing: I want the game to have a great story, but I don't want to grind to see it, I want it to hide the grind and to be fun.
    Sorry, no quest. But the world is all in the hands of the players, the story of the universe is the story of the players.

Our game is not perfect, but I think you can enjoy to try it.

--------------------
    Grouroux, Game Designer
    Gangs of Space > Indie MMO Shmup Roguelike > Join Alpha : BEE7E-3B768-7626A-2A740

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

When (or "if ever" :) ) they'll finally implement the revamped crafting system into the game, AoC will be a pretty close match - except the housing, sadly there's no player housig in AoC.

On the other hand you can build, or join at the building of your guild's city, with tie-ins to crafting (and with the crafting revamp those will be more significant, not just crafting access).

Also you can siege those cities in pvp. (but no 3 factions, so that's not a perfect match to your pvp list.)

• RageGoriaRageGoria Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Originally posted by Grouroux
    • Crafting: I want meaningful deep crafting not just click button and wait with no variation.

In Gangs of Space, i think you can discover a really new way to think crafting in a MMO, even we are in Alpha, it's playable.

• Housing: I want highly customizable housing that even mixes with the crafting if possible.

We don't have "housing", but you will be free to build bases in space, and multiple modules to extract ressources and researchs.

• PvP: While I love PvP, FFA with full loot is out of the question. 3 factions can be great for balance but I want giant sieges and combat.

No PvP, but a permadeath.

• Combat: I want more than just tab target I want a bit more dynamic and innovative. I want dynamic combat.

YES ! We got that !

• Questing: I want the game to have a great story, but I don't want to grind to see it, I want it to hide the grind and to be fun.
    Sorry, no quest. But the world is all in the hands of the players, the story of the universe is the story of the players.

Our game is not perfect, but I think you can enjoy to try it.

sounds cool, i'm here to suggest something but ends up bookmarking a page

• TurnbasedTurnbased Member Posts: 4
    H1Z1 looks promising.  From what I've read it sounds like it's going to cover most of what you listed.  The Dev team is very involved with the community on reddit and it looks like this game will be released in a couple of months or so. 
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

i suggest to play elder scrolls online :)

no housing yet, but all the rest is checked.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by MorningStarGG

I have been looking for an MMO for a while now, and have tried just about every major MMO and have not quite found what I want in any of them...

Ranked in order of importance:

Crafting: I want meaningful deep crafting not just click button and wait with no variation.

Housing: I want highly customizable housing that even mixes with the crafting if possible.

PvP: While I love PvP, FFA with full loot is out of the question. 3 factions can be great for balance but I want giant sieges and combat.

Combat: I want more than just tab target I want a bit more dynamic and innovative. I want dynamic combat.

Questing: I want the game to have a great story, but I don't want to grind to see it, I want it to hide the grind and to be fun.

Are there any games that fit this mold? Is my perfect game out there? I haven't found it so I'm hoping you guys can give some options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLAVNriGsus

The mmo you want is ArcheAge, it will be out in a few months

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!