Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dwemer Ruins and nude archer.

Comments

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    This is the most idiotic thread I have ever read.

Maybe social interaction just isn't for you, OP?
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by evilized

Bunny hopping naked in face of other players is what passes for social interaction now? image

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

haha..What the hell..Social interaction ?

So..standing nude in the entrance to a Dwemer ruin bouncing up and down while shooting arrows, is that your idea of social interaction ?

It's a form of social interaction, yes.

Would you rather people just line up single file and walk through the dungeon without moving off of a pre - approved path?

If you saw a guy doing that in real life would you get online and post about people jumping around enjoying themselves should be segregated from the population? It adds a bit of flavor.

Would you rather people just line up single file and walk through the dungeon without moving off of a pre - approved path?

If you saw a guy doing that in real life would you get online and post about people jumping around enjoying themselves should be segregated from the population? It adds a bit of flavor.

Ohh my ...:) Maybe that was you jumping in there ...was it ?..

Because I can tell you will be the ONLY individual in this thread or this forum that Thinks that this is in any shape or form "social interaction" 

I can buy "trying to be funny" or "making a fool of yourself" ..

NO I do not Think it "adds a bit of flavor" to a dungeon that has been sealed of for centuries and that is suppposed to be empty even,,It adds childish behavior and an annoying experiance..

/facepalm

If you don't like interacting with other people stick to the single player TES games.

And yes you're right, I did /facepalm when I read this thread.
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by thark

Also, the difficulty of the quests is simply destroyed by letting other players do your work..wich ofcourse triggers automatically if there is players around doing the same thing..

I know I can relog etc, but should we really be the players that has to adopt just because there are morons all over ?

I like the idea of getting credit for the quest objectives if you help others with the kill, and vice versa.  In fact, I wish more MMOs would do it.  The idea of "tagging" a mob is outdated.  

Some of the storyline named mobs in ESO are very difficult, and I like being able to jump in and help, or receive help from others.  Gives a greater sense of community.  

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Acidon
    Originally posted by Sk1ppeR

But I thought subscription was going to keep that kind of people out :OOO 

/sarcasm

We have to wait until the free period is over.. When the actual subscription part begins.  Obviously that won't weed out *all* riff-raff, but it will help.

@OP - I hate it when it's our own fellow players that are the immersion breakers.. I don't RP, but the immersion is important to me, especially because ESO does it so damn well.

Yeah, because $15/mth is way more expensive than the initial $60 purchase!!

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

/sarcasm

It's not a matter of sub-based games having no players like that. That would be a ridiculous thing to say.

It's a matter of them having substantially fewer players like that.... which is absolutely true.

And please, no one say "But WoW...", don't bother. WoW is, statistically, in a whole other ballpark, in pretty much every category.

Originally posted by TangentPoint

/sarcasm

It's not a matter of sub-based games having no players like that. That would be a ridiculous thing to say.

It's a matter of them having substantially fewer players like that.... which is absolutely true.

And please, no one say "But WoW...", don't bother. WoW is, statistically, in a whole other ballpark, in pretty much every category.

Ok how about eve then?

Truth is that 15 bucks of month isn't going to reduce these kind of players because money got nothing to do with mental maturity.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Your focusing your anger at the wrong problem.  The problem is not other players (so calling them morons serves no purpose in your argument), but rather the system itself.

The system allows it, thanks to modern auto-group auto-help single player MMORPG mechanics.  Players are just finding creative ways to efficiently manipulate game mechanics to their advantage.  That makes them clever, actually, contrary to your insults.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

If you don't like interacting with other people stick to the single player TES games.

All these years i have been playing MMOS it is first time i have read someone referring to this kind of behavior as 'social interaction'

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Its just simple control some want. Then to know why someone is doing something haha you never asked you just..it had to be to piss off others.

Man wheres  your mind go? For me truth.. I see them yet almost never. My thinking is ..they are running out of money and they think if they dont ware the armor you wont need to repair it. You are right they pay to play just like you. Sorry its not always about you and they could careless you like it or not. Yet you come here..HERE to post it.

So far its one of the most unfriendly mmos, then I went to eu side and shocked when I get offered to get that node or chest.. US side its OMG RACE>>RUN! It will NEVER RESPAWN! haha..

So clothes on or off ..its a game really. What bothers me is the chunky combat, lack of life, way to many times you look around and you can almost see EQ2. No grass  and the like. other then that fun.

• ReticulataReticulata Member UncommonPosts: 98

I would laugh and be entertained if I saw that guy.

Think of it like a trip to Wal Fart. keep you camera in-hand because there may be a freak lurking around each corner.

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by Gravarg

Players always make me laugh.  They cry about every MMO in the past 10 years or so, all the dungeons are cut off from everyone else.  When are we going to get dungeons like in old EQ where everyone is together.  ESO comes a long and does it.  Why are these people in my dungeon, I want a private dungeon that nobody else can enter.

Just like people cry for a true sandbox MMO, then it comes out and they cry that there isn't anything for them to do...that's what a sandbox is, you make up your own stuff to do lol.

I guess people are just generally unhappy creatures.

Though I do think some people are just made to bitch and moan no matter what (re: your last sentence) I think you are looking at the symptom, not the disease.

People would be more accepting of public dungeons if the "storied quest objectives" couldn't be completed before they did anything.

People would be more accepting of others jumping around in their underwear if they could, should they so decide, cut them down like the rabble that they are.

I understand why, in a storied game, people want their own instances. Some want to be immersed and others want to run in, kill the "storied" boss as fast as they can and run out.

That doesn't mix in a story/quest centric game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

All these years i have been playing MMOS it is first time i have read someone referring to this kind of behavior as 'social interaction'

i would say an action designed to grab the attention of other people is the very definition of social interaction. how do you think people communicated before spoken/written language was developed?

anyway, moral of the story is if you don't like what is happening go somewhere else or just ignore it. heck, if zenimax had a real set of balls they would have put in a flagging / karma system similar to UO's (pre tram) and people could deal with their own problems right then and there; i'd be content with that.

i would say an action designed to grab the attention of other people is the very definition of social interaction. how do you think people communicated before spoken/written language was developed?

anyway, moral of the story is if you don't like what is happening go somewhere else or just ignore it. heck, if zenimax had a real set of balls they would have put in a flagging / karma system similar to UO's (pre tram) and people could deal with their own problems right then and there; i'd be content with that.

But we are not pre historic men now are we? we are educated and civilised human beings who understand this world a lot better than cave men.

And i could care less about people jumping half naked in game, i just wanted to show my disagreement with it being 'social interaction'.

But we are not pre historic men now are we? we are educated and civilised human beings who understand this world a lot better than cave men.

And i could care less about people jumping half naked in game, i just wanted to show my disagreement with it being 'social interaction'.

you can disagree all you want, i won't stop you but it doesn't negate the fact that you are wrong.

you can disagree all you want, i won't stop you but it doesn't negate the fact that you are wrong.

There are no facts here bud just opinions. 

We are all going to die one day.. now that is a FACT.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    You saw another person in an MMO? That's a bad thing... why?
  • DrakadenDrakaden Member UncommonPosts: 138

It's bad because, he's naked, he bounces, and he shoot arrows, and OMG he spoke to me! And why is he in my lawn, that dungeon is my lawn, get out of my lawn ye freak! I much prefer a clothed, idle player that does nothing of their days but staying on the game! Much less annoying!

On a more serious note, learn to laugh about the ridicule, but i also don't like open world, brings all kind of bad apples, hence why i didn't get that game, but hey, if you hate silly people in yer dungeons, don't buy an open-world game, the only fool here is you.

OK..We are wrong in your Eyes, but if you browse trough this thread you will notice that you are a minority  that thinks that this "adds flavor" and/or is "social interaction" ...Ohh yeah..there are obviously NO FACTS in this discussion at all since we all think about these things diffrently from player to player.

As someone said in this thread before, I have never seen someone claiming this behavior as "social interaction" , maybe it would classify up as herassment or some form of disturbed social interaction, but I didnt bother that much to report the guy, just thought it was "surprising" in some way. He has paid  60$  to enter this game world and so have I, so he is as entitled to play as anyone else, but when it is the players that bothers about this stuff that has to (The majority) do the logging out or changing of instance to get rid of it, it bothers me.

When I enter a vault that has been sealed off for 1000 years or so , I was surprised to see "others" let alone an almost nude guy bunny jumping in the entrance...

When we play these games , we are slowly getting used to see all sorts of "odd behaviour" or players naming themselves with ill suited names to get attention. If I would bother with each and every "odd ball" I see I would not be playing the game, instead I would be standing in Daggerfall reporting players, I have passed that stage long ago,  mostly I just run along...But some days like this one i react.

I can assure you I'm not the minority. You need to learn to just in your own business and you will live a happier life. Like I said before, if you are bothered seeing other people in an online massive multiplayer game, maybe the genre isn't for you. Don't want to quit playing? Learn to deal with things you may not agree with and move on like a responsible adult. Don't come to a forum and complain about a completely nonsensical issue.
    I can assure you I'm not the minority. You need to learn to just in your own business and you will live a happier life. Like I said before, if you are bothered seeing other people in an online massive multiplayer game, maybe the genre isn't for you. Don't want to quit playing? Learn to deal with things you may not agree with and move on like a responsible adult. Don't come to a forum and complain about a completely nonsensical issue.

Don't really know why I bother responding to you, you can assure me !!! ...yet you are the minority atleast in this thread.

It seems you didn't even read my entire post above , in that post I clearly tell you that ...I will normally just walk away, and In the case of the Dwemer Ruins me and my wife we just continued playing in the same dungeon instance as said nude Archer.