Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is completely unplayable

Aliantha_AngelAliantha_Angel Member UncommonPosts: 225

... until they turn the servers back on!

See what I did there?

New games have bugs, old games have bugs... am better than 95% satisfied with the launch.  A few broken quests have not killed my fun.  Your experience may differ.

Looking forward to the serves being back up!

See you in Tamriel!

Comments

• CeldrynCeldryn Member Posts: 84

Haha,

I was about to white knight the shit out of this thread. Isn't that that right term for when you disagree with the trollin squad?

• Aliantha_AngelAliantha_Angel Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Never been called a troll.. fanboi though repeatedly!
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by alicorn

Didn't you know? If you like a game even a teensy bit here, you are a fanboy completely and a hater of everything else!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• CeldrynCeldryn Member Posts: 84

Me too :( 

Also,  if you're home, its patching :D  I'm at work and wish I could play :(

Oh I know, right?  Say one good thing and you're accused of dinking the koolaid.  I'm not blind to the issues the game has, but I love the game and think it beats the heck out of anything else out there.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

I've been trying to log in over lunch for 45 minutes of play and the servers keep going down during this time.

Can't wait until this launch period is over.

You stay sassy!

• Joejc7135Joejc7135 Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Glad they are patching....hope nobody is getting their hopes up about BC or Fungal Grotta being fixed though because they didn't touch those with this patch....
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

I am seriously loving this game... never played elder scrolls until this, but this is a blast!

Sz

Yeah BC is not in the patch notes, like I said.. 95% happy with the launch, I guess when BC finally gets fixed I'll go solo it... or die trying!
    Originally posted by Joejc7135
    Glad they are patching....hope nobody is getting their hopes up about BC or Fungal Grotta being fixed though because they didn't touch those with this patch....

Wait, what's wrong with BC and Fungal Grotto? I have both of those multiple times without issue...

• SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Originally posted by Celdryn

Haha,

I was about to white knight the shit out of this thread. Isn't that that right term for when you disagree with the trollin squad?

White knight.  Haha.  I like that. :P

Originally posted by Aeonblades

Wait, what's wrong with BC and Fungal Grotto? I have both of those multiple times without issue...

You're in the minority, most people have been unable to get through these.  I've been in BC at least 10 times and have never been able to get beyond the first boss.  We kill him but the girl is either not there or stays chained to the wall screaming.

I'm not doubting you completed it, many people have but many have not.  It is quite bugged.

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

I'm on the EU servers and currently some ppl, myself included are unable to login until they can verify their computer with an emailed code, problem starts when no code arrives within the 10 min time window, a little frustrating.

Originally posted by AwDiddums

I'm on the EU servers and currently some ppl, myself included are unable to login until they can verify their computer with an emailed code, problem starts when no code arrives within the 10 min time window, a little frustrating.

Probably too many people requesting the login code at the same time, hopefully that will resolve itself soon!

You're in the minority, most people have been unable to get through these.  I've been in BC at least 10 times and have never been able to get beyond the first boss.  We kill him but the girl is either not there or stays chained to the wall screaming.

I'm not doubting you completed it, many people have but many have not.  It is quite bugged.

I'm not doubting you either, I'm sorry it's giving you trouble. It bugged once I think for my friend now that I think about it, but they cleared the whole dungeon anyway sans the last boss I believe.

• Joejc7135Joejc7135 Member UncommonPosts: 214

Well I've tried running BC about 10 times or so over the past few days and I get the same issue each time. The first boss who tortures that guy, after you beat him nothing happens..Haven't been able to complete the quest associated with it either. People where saying you can exit and disband group and re-take quest..tried all that nothing worked. As far as Fungal Grotto, I haven't seen it first hand but it seems there is a similar issue.

I'm not doubting you either, I'm sorry it's giving you trouble. It bugged once I think for my friend now that I think about it, but they cleared the whole dungeon anyway sans the last boss I believe.

Yeah we cleared it except for the final boss but couldn't advance the quest so it became pointless after awhile.

• BrizlynBrizlyn Member UncommonPosts: 81
    They did announce server downtimes for maintenance today so not sure why the surprise at the downtime? It was tweeted in advance
    Originally posted by Dewguy79

I can't believe they have downtime during the day, wait is it daytime I haven't been outside in years, but it's still primetime for me, well it's always primetime except when I fall asleep in my moms basement. How can they take down this game.  My gosh there are so many bugs this game is horrible I wish they would fix these bugs and everything during periods when I'm not playing, wait maybe ill email then my bowl movement schedule so they can follow that. 

/sarcasm off

bowel movement schedule...

is this Sheldon Cooper??

• SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231

Having to relog every 15 minutes to "fix" bugged quests, getting killed by invisible mobs and so on so much shit here and there that it makes it such a horrible experience. Completely impossible to enjoy. I've yet to play such a broken MMO since god knows when.

It's 2014 ffs, I should be able to buy a fucking game and expect it to work. And then they have the fucking audacity to charge you monthly, for what? A fucking beta?

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Didn't you know? If you like a game even a teensy bit here, you are a fanboy completely and a hater of everything else!

True story.  I've been a witness!

• AratakiArataki Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Originally posted by Sideras

Having to relog every 15 minutes to "fix" bugged quests, getting killed by invisible mobs and so on so much shit here and there that it makes it such a horrible experience. Completely impossible to enjoy. I've yet to play such a broken MMO since god knows when.

It's 2014 ffs, I should be able to buy a fucking game and expect it to work. And then they have the fucking audacity to charge you monthly, for what? A fucking beta?

Part of this response I don't get. What does the year have to do with anything? Software is software, especially when trying out a new server structure and building a custom engine, bugs galore. It's 2014, and?

That being said, if you don't feel like you are getting your money's worth, then don't pay. I've done that often enough. Keeps stress levels down you know.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Arataki

Part of this response I don't get. What does the year have to do with anything? Software is software, especially when trying out a new server structure and building a custom engine, bugs galore. It's 2014, and?

That being said, if you don't feel like you are getting your money's worth, then don't pay. I've done that often enough. Keeps stress levels down you know.

The posters first paragraph alone is a good indication that the game isn't up to snuff, to Arataki (or to others).

The person brought up a point though, about charging for beta.  TESO seems to still be in beta.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

"Having to relog every 15 minutes to "fix" bugged quests, getting killed by invisible mobs" - I do not think we have been playing the same game, I have had some issues, but nothing like what you are talking about has happened to me.

TESO is also unplayable if you don't turn you PC on.

• Emmer4Emmer4 Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by Arataki

The posters first paragraph alone is a good indication that the game isn't up to snuff, to Arataki (or to others).

The person brought up a point though, about charging for beta.  TESO seems to still be in beta.

This exactly ^^

I'm so done with paying premium pricing for games still in beta and/or games that take 3 - 6 months to get their shit together. Once I see that all of ESOs launch issues have been resolved satisfactorily I will give it a whirl, I have no doubt of that.

Whilst the issues with account security and game stability persist I won't be touching it. I don't mean it has to be bug free obviously but there are probably half a dozen serious issues that need sorting before I will drop the dollars on it.