Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 sale 1/2 price on game

kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

Morning folks;

Just passing on some info GW2 is having a half price sale on their game  for a few days, I decided to finally give it a go ,  keep me entertained until the end of may.

http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_US/html/pbPage.buyguildwars2

good deal if ya havent gotten it yet

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

Comments

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571

19.99 euros for GW2?

Man this is a great deal, considering also there is no monthly fee.

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543
    $24.99 actually  but still a good deal  for a btp imho :)

My price was in euros not dollars :)

I ll change it.

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

hehe,  i should have known that,  to early to think ;)

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Considering I am skipping ESO for now seems like a great time to try GW2. $70 deluxe edition for $35 definitely strikes my fancy.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Considering it is a terrific MMO and fun to play, you absolutely can't go wrong.   I picked up a copy for a friend.
  • DroosteelDroosteel Member Posts: 138
    Ye, i dont know what to do, get 1600 gems for 20 euros for 2 more character slots or buy new account and have 5 more but without all account goodies i have...HALP ;P
    Originally posted by flizzer
    Considering it is a terrific MMO and fun to play, you absolutely can't go wrong.   I picked up a copy for a friend.

I m not playing much GW2 anymore, but considering its a quality mmo with very good pace in patches / content addition i ll say its a hell of a good deal. Adding the lack of a monthly sub fee makes it even better and the Aprils Feature Pack seems extremely good.

Tomorrow is my best friends birthday so i think its a good idea for a gift :)

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Braindome
    Considering I am skipping ESO for now seems like a great time to try GW2. $70 deluxe edition for $35 definitely strikes my fancy.

You can always buy the normal version, and trade earned gold for blue gems (currency used in the ingame shop) and upgrade to deluxe edition that way for free.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• sync8sync8 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Good price - totally worth the buck.
  • seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

Very good price actually, i am happy they did this it will help rebuild a community, they really need it. 

The only thing that kileld it for me is all the phasing , omg there is too much of it. Every map you phase, every major story quest you phase. And it keeps going and going. Other then that the game is fun.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by seafirex

Very good price actually, i am happy they did this it will help rebuild a community, they really need it. 

The only thing that kileld it for me is all the phasing , omg there is too much of it. Every map you phase, every major story quest you phase. And it keeps going and going. Other then that the game is fun.

Yeah I could do with a few less loading screens too. At least the open world and WvW maps are pretty massive, so you are not zoning all the time like in FFXIV. I'm still at loss how WoW could do seamless zones back in 2004 while new games cannot do it in 2012. Ahwell. GW2 is a great game even with all the loading screens.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    GW2 is one of the games that improve a lot when installed on a SSD. The loading times are terrible with a normal HDD.
  • NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    Originally posted by seafirex

I'm just nitpicking here, but what you're talking about is not phasing. The open world maps are not using phasing (.. in general. Ore nodes use something that could be considered phasing), they are zones seperated by loading screens, and clustered by worlds (until the new megaserver is rolled out). Story quests are not using phasing either, they use instances.

Different tech, different terms. Granted, it doesn't make much of a difference for the player.

• VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    Totally worth the purchase. You'll get your money's worth of entertainment even if you stop playing after a month. I don't play regularly, but you really don't have to buy anything else to enjoy the game. Best value in the MMO world today IMHO (didn't say the best game, but best value for sure).
  • Sajman01Sajman01 Member Posts: 204
    Definitely worth picking it up if you haven't played it yet. $20 for 1200-1500 hours of content is insane.
  • fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I hate what Arenanet has done to the game via it's "Living Story" and it's clear that populations are continuing to drop. However, for someone who likes MMOs, or even enjoys games like Skyrim, but hasn't played GW2 yet, the reduced price is an incredible deal.

Through many alts, I got over 1800 hours of play from the game before the content started to get stale. I think my most played character has around 300+ hours logged. For those who enjoy World vs. World, structured PvP, dungeon runs and Fractals, (a system of Dungeon content that get's harder and harder with each play through), the game could easily offer a few hundred more hours with out replaying the world PvE and Personal Story content.

I know some people just never hit it off with the game, it's class and combat design, or what ever, but at half price for a game you buy once and never have to pay a cent more to enjoy? Well, it's probably worth the scratch to give it a shot for a lot of people.

I envy people who start fresh today and ignore the "Adventure by Checklist" Living Story "content" and instead jump head first into the game's original world content. Tons there to explore and enjoy, if you don't let Arenanet trap you in the Living Story maze, where carrot driven, check list obsessive, linear content treadmills of temporary content supplants any will or desire to avail one's self of the vast game world and loads of Dynamic content.

Ignore Living Story, turn off tracking of dailies and go out and explore. For several months, I played GW2 in a very similar fashion to how I played Skyrim, when I wasn't grouping with friends, and found that the game scratched my explorer's itch even better than the aforementioned RPG title.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    You get what you pay for I suppose.  I own GW2 btw.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• fhnw1988fhnw1988 Member Posts: 64

if you are interested in a mmo that makes you feel wasting time after the first 5h, i mean everything you do there feels pointless, all treasures found- pointles because the bounty is scaled on your lvl. All monster scale on your lvl.

THats the most rubbish system ever. Oh and pvp is just a crazy mess without depths.

I bought GW2 1 month after realease and it was even back then on the most populated EU server pretty much empty on the lower lvls. Most times i was doing solo events.

Now after 1 year i doubt it got better, ive read every patch now and then- all those living story never caught my attention.

I definitly say NO- even if it was for 10 bucks.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Definitely worth it. 4.5k hours in the game and still plenty of things to do and experience. Any server you'll chose will be fine since when the megaserver will launch in all areas you'll find people to play with w/e the server you chose.
    You skipped the worst part of the living story already, unfortunately you missed some great events during the summer; but the second season for the living story is coming! I suggest you watch Woodenpotatoes videos about the living story recap; that's all you really need to catch up with everyone.
    Most importantly DON'T rush the leveling; enjoy every bit of the game at your own pace.
    Pretty much every living story update upscales you to lvl 80 so you won't miss anything.
    Have fun in this fantastic game ^^
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Half price of D3 expansion that has 3 hours of gameplay worth

• DroosteelDroosteel Member Posts: 138
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Half price of D3 expansion that has 3 hours of gameplay worth

I did by another copy for 5 more character slots (i only need 2 more but you never know ;P)....and thats after playing few betas of WS and ESO.

Oh and i bought  (kickstarted) Pillars of Eternity+expansion and bought Wasteland 2.....after playing ESO and WS betas. So yeah,money is not teh problem

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by fhnw1988

if you are interested in a mmo that makes you feel wasting time after the first 5h, i mean everything you do there feels pointless, all treasures found- pointles because the bounty is scaled on your lvl. All monster scale on your lvl.

THats the most rubbish system ever. Oh and pvp is just a crazy mess without depths.

I bought GW2 1 month after realease and it was even back then on the most populated EU server pretty much empty on the lower lvls. Most times i was doing solo events.

Now after 1 year i doubt it got better, ive read every patch now and then- all those living story never caught my attention.

While you are entirely entitled to your opinion, I'd like to hear what you consider being "meaningful" (as opposed to "pointless") when we are talking about video games?

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by fhnw1988

Yeah.

I mean I killed a level 3 mob and I get level 80 loot - so rubbish and pointless.

I've never seen a level 80 mob turning to level 5 just because I've a level 5 character there.

Yeah the system you describe is a little boring but that isn't the system of GW2. I don't know what game you've been playing but certainly isn't GW2.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    If you can't buy game now, next sale going on June, 3rd.