Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problems logging in after todays downtime due to computer not being authorised

greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451

Anyone else getting this message when they try and log in after the todays downtime 

"this computer is not authorised to login to this account. an access code has been sent to the email address associated with this account . please enter the code and click submit . If you are unable to locate this email ,please try again in 10 minutes to have a new access code sent "

The problem I'm having is no access code is being sent to my gmail address ( the confirmation I got from TESO when I signed up with instant and I know it can be delayed sometimes but its not very often that happens with games like GW2 who use a similar system )

Also looked in the spam folder and no email with the code in has turned up . Is anyone else having issues with this at the moment ? 

Comments

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

Yes, the ESO CS forums are filled with people who can't log in after the patch, all waiting for their "code".

And those lucky few that DID get their authorization code, it didnt work because the code was to old and timed out..

Doh!

imageThe last of the Trackers

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Seems like they are having quite a few problems today what with this and charging people credit cards the monthly fee for the first "free" 30 days of time . 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Hey, why don't all you Euro players call it a day and head to bed?  Then it will free up the servers for when I get home from work tonight?  image

Who am I kidding, we'll likely suffer a similar fate so I'd better plan on playing some EVE I think.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    It's nice to pay for a game that is under maintenance when you get home from work
  • wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Hey, why don't all you Euro players call it a day and head to bed?  Then it will free up the servers for when I get home from work tonight?  image

Who am I kidding, we'll likely suffer a similar fate so I'd better plan on playing some EVE I think.

Yes! Stay away you mad cat! It's enough with all the weird germans running around :P

imageThe last of the Trackers

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    This happened to me in very late closed beta.   The second response by support (which fixed the issue) was for them to send me a password reset.   May be problematical if there are large numbers of folks having the issue. 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Emmer4Emmer4 Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by wolfmann

Yes, the ESO CS forums are filled with people who can't log in after the patch, all waiting for their "code".

And those lucky few that DID get their authorization code, it didnt work because the code was to old and timed out..

Doh!

Superb...great service for paying customers.

This is why I and others like me who want to invest in the game but are avoiding it until ZOS can get their shit together and deliver the polished, lag free experience that Matt Firor promised.

seems like that game is still a ways off and this one is still broken, how's that COD fix in tonight's patch? Oh wait that must not be serious enough for today's prime time patch. Must be in tomorrow's patch right?...roll on dark souls 2 :)

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    WHen I tried to log in during the maintenance, I got that unauthorized message and it even sent me an email with a code to input. However, once the maintenance was done it allowed me to log in without the code.

There Is Always Hope!