Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Massive Subscriptions? I think not!

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

It currently has 0 subs because the free month isn't over. No one will know numbers for real until months from now. It's a waste of time to speculate.

What time are you logging in to check the campaigns? Last night 4 were locked and only 2 had really low population. Also, a majority of people are leveling rather than PvPing since they axed PvP leveling. I quit PvPing to level myself.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

other than the population comments i can mostly agree with you but I think your instance determines how many players you will see by luck of the draw. I know on my server since day one of the 5 day head start its been to the point of overcrowded and so many named spawns camped for hours on end just groups of players standing around farming named mobs. 

I think a lot of the general annoying quality of life quirks will be changed with the next patch or two when they add the big one in may. I know they also need to get their head out of their backside and stop patching and bringing servers down during the day also when there is a larger playerbase than late at night. Other than that pretty decent review. I think the next couple of months will determine the fate of this game and them listening to their customers.

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323

Nobody will know how the game is doing until around 6-12 month mark, same as every other mmo.

A usual sign is server merges but this game has mega server technology so that won't be a sign.  You can't even really tell by how many people are around since it's designed to not allow lots of people to crowd (since that destroys FPS).

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    Check back in 6 mo to a year then you will have real numbers (I am enjoying the game my self).

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    It won t matter for this or Wildstar when WoD comes out. Have fun while it lasts.
    Originally posted by Soki123
    It won t matter for this or Wildstar when WoD comes out. Have fun while it lasts.

WoD is going to have to do more than rehashed content, garrisons that I can't siege, and new character models to bring me back to playing a game where I can't even use my shield to block. WoW was great during it's time, but it's not aging very well atm. If they somehow manage to incorporate a DOTA style BG for Garrisons, I'd come back for that.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I'm waiting for the crowds to thin out, There are way to many people for it to feel like an ES game imho. Some of the quests are made for a single person or a small group, not 15 people clearing a tomb to find one item.

I'm not exactly how the server disperses players OP, but I want to be where you are. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

QUESTING

The questing is okay there's voice acting throughout the game however questing is pretty generic, the main difference is the amount of running required from one location to the next; at times there's almost too much running between objectives. If you didn't buy the Collector's Edition it'll be even more tedious as you won't have a horse. Players who didn't pay extra will find extremely high gold costs for horses.

I don't see how the questing is "generic".

Generic quests are "go here and kill x of y", "go there and collect y of z".

In ESO's quests I've helped save azura's alcolyte from cold harbor, I saved the phantom of a boy from his spectral father who was trying to reanimate him in an Ayleid ruin where they were shut away from their mother. In a later quest, (I believe it's the one above with azura) the person you saved was the child's mother.

I investigated a poisoned well in an orc stronghold and helped the perpetrator start a new stronghold.

In one Ayleid ruin I rescued scholars who were drawn into "the aether" and while in process discovered the love letters and eventual disturbing end of the writer of those letters.

Now, they don't require as much thought as, say, the secret world, but I wouldn't call that generic mmo questing.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by Sovrath

QUESTING

The questing is okay there's voice acting throughout the game however questing is pretty generic, the main difference is the amount of running required from one location to the next; at times there's almost too much running between objectives. If you didn't buy the Collector's Edition it'll be even more tedious as you won't have a horse. Players who didn't pay extra will find extremely high gold costs for horses.

In ESO's quests I've helped save azura's alcolyte from cold harbor, I saved the phantom of a boy from his spectral father who was trying to reanimate him in an Ayleid ruin where they were shut away from their mother. In a later quest, (I believe it's the one above with azura) the person you saved was the child's mother.

I investigated a poisoned well in an orc stronghold and helped the perpetrator start a new stronghold.

In one Ayleid ruin I rescued scholars who were drawn into "the aether" and while in process discovered the love letters and eventual disturbing end of the writer of those letters.

Now, they don't require as much thought as, say, the secret world, but I wouldn't call that generic mmo questing.

And you did all that by "going there and killing x of y" or "going here and collecting y of z"

Try harder.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Originally posted by Aeonblades

It currently has 0 subs because the free month isn't over. No one will know numbers for real until months from now. It's a waste of time to speculate.

What time are you logging in to check the campaigns? Last night 4 were locked and only 2 had really low population. Also, a majority of people are leveling rather than PvPing since they axed PvP leveling. I quit PvPing to level myself.

I spent most of the weekend playing in the campaigns, 12-13 hours Fri-Sunday.

Strange, when I was playing Wabbajack, Auriel's Bow, and Bloodthorn were all locked and 2 factions were locked on Skull Crusher.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Generic questing ? realy ? i mean realy ?
    Are we playing the same game oO ?

I HATE QUESTING !!!! but ESO got that part covered into perfection !
    Man i wonder what it takes to get people happy these days lol.

Originally posted by Mothanos

Generic questing ? realy ? i mean realy ?
    Are we playing the same game oO ?

I HATE QUESTING !!!! but ESO got that part covered into perfection !
    Man i wonder what it takes to get people happy these days lol.

That's the rose colored glasses speaking.

Originally posted by Soki123

Love WoW but I will never go back now. This next expansion was the nail in the coffin. I will miss the heck out of it.  The only way I would go back is if Blizzard fired up some old versions. Give us some Classic 1.12.1 servers and maybe a few TBC's, then I would go back.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Originally posted by Sephiroso

QUESTING

And you did all that by "going there and killing x of y" or "going here and collecting y of z"

Try harder.

Pretty much this.

You can take a generic plot, lets say from The Bold and the Beautiful, have it voice overed and make your player to pick up some items from the ground and kill some mobs, and you have a generic mmo questing.

It's that simple.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    *Shrug* found the questing fun. 
    Originally posted by deniter

QUESTING

Try harder.

Pretty much this.

You can take a generic plot, lets say from The Bold and the Beautiful, have it voice overed and make your player to pick up some items from the ground and kill some mobs, and you have a generic mmo questing.

It's that simple.

With most mmorpgs you could probably use that scenario, but if you listen and get involved with the stories and lore, the quests in this game are much better than most. Of course this is my opinion and others might not like ES lore.

Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by deniter

QUESTING

Try harder.

Pretty much this.

It's that simple.

With most mmorpgs you could probably use that scenario, but if you listen and get involved with the stories and lore, the quests in this game are much better than most. Of course this is my opinion and others might not like ES lore.

I agree, because others might not like WoW's lore either. It's a major part of why everyone enjoys bashing WoW's questing while propping their own favored game's questing up on a pedestal. Not saying that you are, but others do.

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323

I played WoW shortly after launch. I thought it was horrible and told my friends it was horrible, would fail quickly and then went back to play ffxi.

It turned out to be one of the most successful mmo titles ever made.

No one person or even a handful of vocal people can tell how a game will do.  If you don't like it then it's not for you but it doesn't follow that the game is bad or will flop.  Wait 6+ months and see how it's doing then.

You can make a "terrible" mmo that fails to reach standards of the genre but if it appeals to casual gamers or non-mmo players and they end up liking it, well you will do well.  Casual gamers make up a massive market share, who are also far more loyal than jaded mmo veterans that will never be happy with anything.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

QUESTING

Try harder.

Then by your logic every Elder Scrolls game presentsquests  the same way as mmo quests.

Except they don't. Instead, you are given a task and you fight your way through whatever is there instead if fighting, killnig 10 and then leaving.

There is a difference between reading a quick text, running to an area, banging out 10 kills and running back  and being asked to help a character, make your way through the area, witness the drama that unfolds. It's no different than any other rpg that has a quest as opposed to "generic mmo quests".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

QUESTING

Try harder.

Then by your logic every Elder Scrolls game presentsquests  the same way as mmo quests.

Except they don't. Instead, you are given a task and you fight your way through whatever is there instead if fighting, killnig 10 and then leaving.

There is a difference between reading a quick text, running to an area, banging out 10 kills and running back  and being asked to help a character, make your way through the area, witness the drama that unfolds. It's no different than any other rpg that has a quest as opposed to "generic mmo quests".

I don't really think these "it's generic" folks will ever get what people are saying when they say this.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

QUESTING

Try harder.

Then by your logic every Elder Scrolls game is the say way.

Except they are not. You are given a task and you fight your way through whatever is there instead if fighting, killnig 10 and then leaving.

The difference between ESO and every other Elder Scrolls game was choices mattered in the ES games. It is not so in ESO. So even though yes when striped bare down the the most barest of definitions, the quests require you to do the same things in both ESO and ES games, they are inherently different because of the resulting outcome.

And also, my statement was to show that it truly is just more of the same generic questing and not some amazing new quest system some of you are trying to have us believe. I wish you God's speed through your rose colored phase.