Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Would you please stop providing actual information and just join the hate train, would you?

on topic: thx for the link. looks good

Hodor!

• ReticulataReticulata Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Great vid. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to it.

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.
  • ManasongManasong Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by gwei1984
    Would you please stop providing actual information and just join the hate train, would you?

on topic: thx for the link. looks good

IKR, he could have waited a few days, so we could get a new thread about how there's no end-game pve coming soon. This type of helpfulness is what reduces flaming and makes the forum less fun.

• DalanonDalanon Member UncommonPosts: 126

Yesterday:  Worried about pve endgame.

Today:  ....Take my money.

Not all who wander are lost...

• GuyClinchGuyClinch Member CommonPosts: 485

Looks impressive..

I remember hearing that everyone once in a while you hear some stuff from ESO that makes you think they really know their stuff. This one of those times...

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

It's like they are reading my mind. I have been asking for an MMO with strong 1 group and small group content for years, and it looks like ESO plans to deliver, without attracting the raid or die crowd.

I'm so happy right now. Thanks for sharing the vid!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• venatsvenats Member Posts: 106

That's good.

I worry about how well vetted it will be considering it's barely entered testing. Initially it wasn't meant to be part of the first patch, which was supposed to be two guilds + crime system, and I suspect they are pushing it forward for release as people burned through the leveling process.

They've pushed forward the release as well. Also odd.

Oh well, I just hope its better designed than their other dungeons which are pretty much trash by modern standards of what constitutes a boss.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by venats

That's good.

I worry about how well vetted it will be considering it's barely entered testing. Initially it wasn't meant to be part of the first patch, which was supposed to be two guilds + crime system, and I suspect they are pushing it forward for release as people burned through the leveling process.

It is a possibility but I don't know about that. Seems like they have plenty of time, In our guild of 200+ members I think we have maybe 5 or 6 people that have even hit 50 yet. And I don't think they have slept.

I would venture to say it's not rushed, but there is always the possibility of them wanting to avoid a GW2 scenario where you hit max level in 2 days and there is literally nothing to do. We will see at release :)

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Originally posted by Aeonblades

That's good.

It is a possibility but I don't know about that. Seems like they have plenty of time, In our guild of 200+ members I think we have maybe 5 or 6 people that have even hit 50 yet. And I don't think they have slept.

I would venture to say it's not rushed, but there is always the possibility of them wanting to avoid a GW2 scenario where you hit max level in 2 days and there is literally nothing to do. We will see at release :)

Leveling is as quick in here as in GW2, you can max out in a little under two days with proper technique and knowing how to power grind VR ranks even if the experience was dubiously nerfed to slow it down. You really shouldn't compare to the "median" from general players.

In fact since you made the comparison, this is exactly the same thing GW2 did. They released Fractals shortly after release. But in this case they have a lot more riding on "retention" than a B2P game like GW2. And I suspect they are pushing this forward because people burned through the leveling, published guides on it, despite ZoS attempts to nerf the leveling rate repeatedly during beta and PTS.

The fact they are also seemingly increasing the veteran cap seems to also point to a similar conclusion unless the VR12 is incorrect information.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    That video was awesome and hopefully makes happier a lot of folks here who were worried about PVE endgame beyond the 50+ and 50++ content. As for me, since I level super slow, I doubt I will see this for 6 months lol. Only level 17 after god knows how many hours already :-).

There Is Always Hope!

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Trials looked more interesting than I thought they would be.  From the sound of it I figured you just stand in a room and kill wave after wave of a mob.  Clearly that's not the case - looks like a true raid dungeon
  • ManasongManasong Member Posts: 208

That's good.

Oh well, I just hope its better designed than their other dungeons which are pretty much trash by modern standards of what constitutes a boss.

Craglorn was supposed to be at launch:  10:30

The shoddycast guys said they were invited to the PTS of craglorn (can't remember which video), testing to start after launch, so I believe it's playable, not completely rushed... Hopefully...

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444
    Originally posted by Dalanon

Yesterday:  Worried about pve endgame.

Today:  ....Take my money.

Lol :-)

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

I thought there would be a few of these adventure zones in at launch but I guess they're pretty big.

Hopefully I can get some friends to do em or a good group of people to go with.

Originally posted by Manasong

That's good.

Craglorn was supposed to be at launch:  10:30

The shoddycast guys said they were invited to the PTS of craglorn (can't remember which video), testing to start after launch, so I believe it's playable, not completely rushed... Hopefully...

It was supposed to be in at launch but it hadn't even entered testing nearing the very end of PTS and approaching launch. It had limited small alpha testing and nothing more. When the launch was approaching, they told us little about it moving forward other than that it wouldn't be in at launch.

The date of it now being released so quickly is a new development, and hadn't been stated before. The original first patch was the Brotherhood and Thieves guilds. Now it also includes Craglorn. So either they have very quickly finished it and somehow properly vetted in less than a month, or their rushing it in because the game has a severe lack of end content and we'll be the ones vetting it.

I don't like that the VR creep has already begun.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

That's good.

Leveling is as quick in here as in GW2, you can max out in a little under two days with proper technique and knowing how to power grind VR ranks even if the experience was dubiously nerfed to slow it down. You really shouldn't compare to the "median" from general players.

In fact since you made the comparison, this is exactly the same thing GW2 did. They released Fractals shortly after release. But in this case they have a lot more riding on "retention" than a B2P game like GW2. And I suspect they are pushing this forward because people burned through the leveling, published guides on it, despite ZoS attempts to nerf the leveling rate repeatedly during beta and PTS.

The fact they are also seemingly increasing the veteran cap seems to also point to a similar conclusion unless the VR12 is incorrect information.

No, you are wrong about leveling fast. The game is on about the same pace as Vanilla WoW. I'm not sure where you are getting your information from as far as leveling in 2 days. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco
    No, you are wrong about leveling fast. The game is on about the same pace as Vanilla WoW. I'm not sure where you are getting your information from as far as leveling in 2 days. 

VotF has already published a guide on how to power level. Do you need to me hold your hand through this?

Originally posted by Amjoco

VotF has already published a guide on how to power level. Do you need to me hold your hand through this?

Hold my hand no. Unless you really want to. /kiss

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    The only people who are level 50 already are the people who don't have a life. But that's fine. I don't see why a game should be balanced around people playing 10+ hours a day.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Thanks for the link, video looks good.  Oh and majority of the players are not going to reach lvl 50 anytime soon.  Don't take the minority view that this game is this & that just because a minority of the playerbase have reached lvl 50 via powerleveling.

But I'm a firm believer that a game should cater to everybody.  I'm glad they have this new content coming out for those looking for something more or challenging at upper levels.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• hulgarhulgar Member Posts: 93
    The only thing i dont like is the leaderboard shit. The rest its ok..but i foresee a lot of not nice imput about times, rezzs and leaderboards
    Originally posted by hulgar
    The only thing i dont like is the leaderboard shit. The rest its ok..but i foresee a lot of not nice imput about times, rezzs and leaderboards

Maybe, but I think about 95% of us are casual players. I personally know I will never be involved with that. To me it's cool, but they could have done something else with the time involved with it's design and execution.