Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why didnt they do this last night

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096

ESO MAINTENANCE - 4/7

ZOS_JessicaFolsom admin

edited 2:07PM <span category"="">in Server Status

We are bringing down the European megaserver at 3:30 PM BST for maintenance. We are pushing a small patch, and expect the maintenance to last several hours. The North American megaserver will undergo the same maintenance once the European megaserver is re-opened. We will provide patch notes shortly.

I mean 3pm which is my guess the NA servers are going down, or some where around there. Eastern time, I mean they could of done it last night or something lol. I mean 3:30pm for the euro server is bad to. I guess they didnt make enough money to hire people to work the 3rd shift .

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    why didn't you play last nite?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444
    Must say the times are a bit, Hmm... They need to change this soon

• docminus2docminus2 Member UncommonPosts: 184
    sounds more like unscheduled maintenance and patch. to be expected during launch period. i am sure (*keeps fingers crossed* ....) that this won't be the regular maintenance window.

--------------------------------------------
    Youtube newb:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N3cxBuqKTPV2BQNlzGUw

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Zenimax has shown me nothing but incompetence.  They screw up even the simplest of tasks.  
    Originally posted by docminus2
    sounds more like unscheduled maintenance and patch. to be expected during launch period. i am sure (*keeps fingers crossed* ....) that this won't be the regular maintenance window.

That's what they would have you believe.  

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Well if something else goes wrong at least minimum damage will have been caused. Take down the servers when the kids get home from school, keep them down till they go to bed, open them back up and see if the new patch is taking. Makes good sense.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

If any of you had bothered to read the official forums, you would find out the patch was ready a day early. It was supposed to go in tomorrow, but they said it was to fix some critical bugs and they wanted to improve the game as soon as possible for the players.

And here you are, whining again. Damned if they do damned if they don't.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• QarkQark Member Posts: 234

Timing is not perfect, but looks like they are busting their asses to polish and fix bugs...

-------------------->
    Would you like some cheese with that whine?

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I just assume they pull the server down as soon as the patch is ready and apply it ASAP. I don't think they are deciding to do it at this time, just trying to fix things as soon as they can.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • venatsvenats Member Posts: 106
    Why do they insist on doing this during half of EU prime-time? Not everyone lives in Britain.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by DAS1337
    Zenimax has shown me nothing but incompetence.  They screw up even the simplest of tasks.  

Yes, patches are certainly not necessary!

Dear Zenimax,

Please continue on current bug infested build  I will let you know when I'm free for updates!

Thank you.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Did people not read the clearly laid out plans by ZOS to have the EU servers in USA for launch and later migrate them over to EU?

Yes it sucks but being ignorant to why this is happening just makes you guys look rather silly.

You stay sassy!

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Expect many more of these.
    They fixing bugs and people still cry about it.

Cant please every..........

• Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264

Some people will never be happy.

For me, this has been one of the best launches I can remember.  I haven't seen any incompetence, just a few bugged quests.  I haven't been rolled back, had the game crash, or any of the other "big" issue.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    People aren't upset that they are fixing bugs (potentially) . They are upset because they keep taking the servers down during prime time to patch the game. Unless there is some game breaking emergency, they could wait a few more hours so that people that actually have to work can play the game at some point.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Hopefully, this means there's no "Planned Maintenance" needed tomorrow ?

Yes, ESO has official "Planned Maintenance" days:

North American Megaserver

Wednesdays at 13:00 BST (8:00 a.m. EDT)

Sundays at 11:00 BST (6:00 a.m. EDT)

European Megaserver

Tuesdays at 13:00 BST (14:00 CEST)

Sundays at 09:00 BST (10:00 CEST)

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7658/kw/

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

Although its great to have bug fixes and new content I'd rather have down time during early hours of the morning BST not at prime time. It is now 5pm in the evening, a bit silly to have maintenance during this period. Rumors going about saying the EU server is currently in the US but will soon be moved to Germany.

SoE done this a few times with their UK server until people get pissed and rightly so, why should we lose game time for something we're paying for during our prime time, it's ridiculous.

Originally posted by Aeonblades

If any of you had bothered to read the official forums, you would find out the patch was ready a day early. It was supposed to go in tomorrow, but they said it was to fix some critical bugs and they wanted to improve the game as soon as possible for the players.

Then why didn't they do it early this morning?  You don't have an answer to that, I know.  Why did they end early access on a Sunday, knowing that mail does not arrive on a Sunday?  Can't answer that either?  Yeah, didn't think so.

• wicked357wicked357 Member UncommonPosts: 172

This is hands down the best launch I have been apart of... I am glad they are fixing bugs as rapidly as they are. 

Anyone remember the UO days when you would spend time increasing skills on your character only to find out they had to rollback the server... I do so no rollbacks = find with me. Just polish this game and we are good!

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Then why didn't they do it early this morning?  You don't have an answer to that, I know.  Why did they end early access on a Sunday, knowing that mail does not arrive on a Sunday?  Can't answer that either?  Yeah, didn't think so.

Early access was supposed to end before Sunday anyway, and because the patch probably wasn't ready early this morning. [mod edit]

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Originally posted by Bannuk

Some people will never be happy.

For me, this has been one of the best launches I can remember.  I haven't seen any incompetence, just a few bugged quests.  I haven't been rolled back, had the game crash, or any of the other "big" issue.

Just because you, personally, haven't experienced any game breaking bugs, doesn't mean they don't exist.  You think patching during prime time hours is acceptable?  You think bank inventory being rolled back, losing purchased slots and items is acceptable?  You think not extending early access so that CE pre-orders can arrive to the players, causing them to be locked out of the game that they spent over $100 is acceptable?

Wow.  

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Hopefully, this means there's no "Planned Maintenance" needed tomorrow ?

Yes, ESO has official "Planned Maintenance" days:

North American Megaserver

Wednesdays at 13:00 BST (8:00 a.m. EDT)

Sundays at 11:00 BST (6:00 a.m. EDT)

European Megaserver

Tuesdays at 13:00 BST (14:00 CEST)

Sundays at 09:00 BST (10:00 CEST)

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7658/kw/

ROFL sunday mant? hahahahahaha

Early access was supposed to end before Sunday anyway, and because the patch probably wasn't ready early this morning. Got any other gems you wanna stamp your feet and throw a tantrum about?

Yes, and it was extended due to almost a full day of down time during early access.  Unexpected downtime to be precise.  You didn't respond to my statement that mail is not sent on Sunday.  Please try to rationalize why that decision makes sense.  Go ahead, I'll go get my popcorn.  Thousands of people are locked out of the game because of Zenimax not extending access, and taking from their 30 days of free game time.  You act as if this isn't an issue that tons of people are experiencing right now.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

So the patch schedule is going to be:

3.30PM BST / 4.30 central European to say 9.30PM BST / 10.30 Central European ... EU server down

3.30PM CST - 9.30PM CST ... (later on east coast, earlier on west) .... US server down 

Wiping out the evening play on two continents.

Instead of:

9.30AM - 3.30PM CST ... US server down

9.30PM BST - 3.30AM BST ... EU server down.

Wiping out the morning play.

OK some people suffer either way but considering when most people play ....

(And in case anyone is confused there is a 6 hour time difference between Austin TX which is on CST and BST)

• Joejc7135Joejc7135 Member UncommonPosts: 214

I'm sure they are patching asap considering on the AD side at least the first dungeon is bugged. You can't do it at all. What a bad first impression for new players....I know I was severely dissapointed that it was broken as I was pretty excited to do my first dungeon. I have heard of similar issues in other dungeons preventing people from even doing them. I don't understand how people are gonna complain about this downtime. I mean the way it's looking game will be down this evening for me as well, as im EST time. Oh well, I guess I could do something else for a night....god forbid right?

I'm still waiting for the perfect mmo release...no server issues, no login issues...no bugs...and more content then wow. If a game doesn't have all these things I will go on a forum crusade to shit all over it...said most of the babies on these forums.