Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Development

Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

Anyone have some links to suggestions on how to take on leveling in this game? I didnt play the Beta, but so far I am finding the leveling experience very Frustrating and Annoying, and not at all user friendly.

I've played quite a few MMO's in my time, but something about the way this is set out makes me want to just say "f-ck it..." and close the game.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

If you're struggling, it's likely it's because you haven't got appropriate level gear, not because of your skill or stat choices. Have you checked this? If you don't, head out and farm a few crafting materials and make a set of proper armor. It doesn't take long and is the easiest way to do it at the beginning. You don't need to keep crafting later or anything.. it's just hard to get set up at the start.

Also, if you're playing melee or bow, don't sprint about all the time. Can't fight properly with no stamina.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Kreedz

Anyone have some links to suggestions on how to take on leveling in this game? I didnt play the Beta, but so far I am finding the leveling experience very Frustrating and Annoying, and not at all user friendly.

I've played quite a few MMO's in my time, but something about the way this is set out makes me want to just say "f-ck it..." and close the game.

What exactly is the source of your frustration?  Too slow?  Too fast?  Something else?

I'd imagine you should approach developing your character by leveling up.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

You're being incredibly vague.  I can't fathom what you'd think is user unfriendly about it.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Draemos

You're being incredibly vague.  I can't fathom what you'd think is user unfriendly about it.

Maybe the arrows instead of big golden ! everywhere are confusing some people? No idea.

• MorgaurMorgaur Member UncommonPosts: 196

Take a look at this video. 9 starting tips for elder scrolls online. Enjoy the game

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Actually after level 10 I also feel that I get my ass kicked now. And I have on par gear from crafting/drops.

Running Nightblade. I think that it might be because I have to little SP though.

• DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Draemos

Maybe because there is not really a clear linear path to help pull from one quest to another, but instead requiring player to exploring and searching for quests?

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444
    Enjoy the story and explore

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444
    I'm struggeling to get gear for my level... and yes I'm not a crafter... But man it's difficult to find gear :-P

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I know a couple of folks who threw all their points into health after reading some of the beta 'suggestions' and ended up gimping their stamina/magika (and subsequent damage). If so tough it out or run up to the 2nd (major) j zone and respec.

Or mention more of whats giving difficulties and I am sure folks here will help.