Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BEST MMO of all time, deal with it haters

mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135

For PvE you have Skyrim style questing and great story.

For PvP you have Daoc style RvR battles.

And all with amazing graphics and without any lag. ESO has come to stay, sorry haters, you can wait long for a ftp version.

Step in the arena and break the wall down

Comments

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by mari3k

And all with amazing graphics and without any lag. ESO has come to stay, sorry haters, you can wait long for a ftp version.

Skyrim pve, not even close, DAOC RvR, lol laughable. F2P, could care less, the game isn t even worth that. Baiting post, yep.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

For PvE you have Skyrim style questing and great story.For PvP you have Daoc style RvR battles.And all with amazing graphics and without any lag. ESO has come to stay, sorry haters, you can wait long for a ftp version.

While I personally like the game a lot, your off target ramble is bound to do more harm than good due to inaccurate comparisons.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

The more times you tell yourself the truer it becomes.

..Cake..

• SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Yeah, while not giving any direct opinion on the game here, I'll say that those comparisons are way off.  As far as the title goes, best MMO of all time is all dependent on who you are, and with the genre's history and size at this point, a remarkably bold claim to say the least.  That all being said, super glad you are enjoying it!
  • BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230

Thanks for the Giggle with my morning coffee.

Who you trying to convince anyways yourself?

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    They did nail the whole Elder Scrolls style gameplay adopted to an MMO with this game. Havent tried the PvP yet though I doubt ill ever get into it any more than the usual distraction. F2P? /shrug ... depends how greedy the guys at Zenimax are. Anyone who thinks the previous converted MMOs did so as some last resort before shutting down is deluding themselves.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

it migh be the best for you..

For me it was one of the most boring.. almost fell asleep playing this during beta.. for me its just one massive quest grind..

But we all like different things so i am glad you have found a game you like :)

• RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Rofl, and the shills keep posting. Worst beta and combat I have seen in a game. If quest hubs are what you like then sure it might be good, but "best" dont make me puke.

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• F2Pelerin118F2Pelerin118 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I don't think it's the best MMO of all time, but it sure is awesome - you must understand this thread won't go anywhere good.
  • GravehillGravehill Member Posts: 95
    ////
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

ESO caused WoW to be deleted from my Hard drive.

ESO killed WoW.....for me. :-)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Rogosh
    Rofl, and the shills keep posting. Worst beta and combat I have seen in a game. If quest hubs are what you like then sure it might be good, but "best" dont make me puke.

When you say things like 'worst combat in a game'.. you automatically discredit everything you are saying and your opinion as blind hate. I mean, it's definitely not the best combat but to say it's the worst out of all games, ever? Just making yourself look stupid.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Skyrim isn't tab target, this game is (yes it is lets not kid ourselves)

The game doesn't have loot rolling on chests in dungeons, it's a very hot topic and a very big problem.

Their customer service is literally the worst in the industry, they send you back forum letters that don't even address your problem.

I want to like this game more but there are just so many bugs or problems...  Nightblade stealth crit doesn't work on most bow attacks, and so much more.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

The game doesn't have loot rolling on chests in dungeons, it's a very hot topic and a very big problem.

Their customer service is literally the worst in the industry, they send you back forum letters that don't even address your problem.

I want to like this game more but there are just so many bugs or problems...  Nightblade stealth crit doesn't work on most bow attacks, and so much more.

I haven't used the tab key once and I've been playing for about 3 months

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

are you play Morowind & Oblivion ? or only one TES game -Skyrim

are you play DAOC or any another mmo or ESO is your first mmo?

agreed ,graphic is amazing,voice acting,questing ,solo game play,asocial aspect of game but they sell it as an mmo.

Originally posted by Gravehill

I think the point is, while not actually hitting tab, that's all it is.  The way the game works is still essentially the same.  You don't have to truly 'aim' your attacks, just point in the general direction, let the soft-target occur, then fire off just like any tab-targeting game.  Not necessarily a bad thing, just not Skyrim, nor necessarily innovative.

• uidLuc1duidLuc1d Member UncommonPosts: 194
    I wouldn't say the best, but it's the best for my money right now.
    Originally posted by Satsunoryu
    Originally posted by Gravehill

I think the point is, while not actually hitting tab, that's all it is.  The way the game works is still essentially the same.  You don't have to truly 'aim' your attacks, just point in the general direction, let the soft-target occur, then fire off just like any tab-targeting game.  Not necessarily a bad thing, just not Skyrim, nor necessarily innovative.

I guess I see your point, but I think that is a pretty big bridge to cross to just equate the combat to traditional tab-target games like WoW or FFXIV. You're right about the soft-target but I think you guys are vastly exaggerating it. Personally I wasn't expecting it to have true FPS mechanics. There's no reason it should.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

lol @ thread

Personally, I think the fact there wasn't true aiming mechanics was a missed opportunity.  The system would have truly stood out in the genre, rather than feeling very close to GW2 as the game does in many ways.  Again, I'm not saying the combat system is bad because of this, I just feel they could have done something truly special and unique.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Best MMO?

Right, I'll be sure to tell Blizzard Entertainment...

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

"[My favorite] MMO of all time, deal with it haters." 

Fixed your title for your.  

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    The best MMO is the on that made you love this genre, this is a good game but my first MMO experience will always be the best of all time for me.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Satsunoryu
    Personally, I think the fact there wasn't true aiming mechanics was a missed opportunity.  The system would have truly stood out in the genre, rather than feeling very close to GW2 as the game does in many ways.  Again, I'm not saying the combat system is bad because of this, I just feel they could have done something truly special and unique.

/agree

But that doesn't even begin to address them freezing everyone's card for 15 bucks to get your free month, or the dungeon issues, or the buggy abilities, or the buggy quests.  I mean you can't even do some dungeons, and the ones you can people won't share loot because mechanics aren't in place to force them.

Seriously major problems with this game.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

I was very negative about this game, and with all the colossal let downs over the last several years who would blame me?

And this is my beloved ES franchise they are messing with here.

All i have to say now, it's good, very good and i for one am so glad i was negative, didn't get my hopes up, didn't get into the hype machine, and especially didn't play the beta.

I mainly bought it per my kids request to play with them and went in with no hope, no expectations, and literally didn't know much more than it was an ES game online, and wow, was i ever pleasantly blown away, i can't even remember the last time a game did this for me.

I'll admit if i was over hyped for this game i'd probably be let down, it's not perfect, but over time i feel this game is only going to get better and better. There is something to be said about entering a game with a clear mind and no preconceived notions.

It somehow has a unique feel? You accept it for what it is, it's pretty damn good.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
This discussion has been closed.