Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Game of Trolls - Season I @dungeons

HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Havent seen it yourself? Convince yourself by watching the latest impression of higher level dungeons and how much of a troll-nature there in can be found. Coming to you by Force:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLBHjwCw088

Enjoy

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Welcome to MMOs :/
  • ErlijusErlijus Member UncommonPosts: 96

To me, this is not so much a problem with the game, than a problem with people having no education, no good sense, no social skills when they are online, hidden behind their tiny computer...

Welcome to the "information age", in which some people are even more selfish cretins than they were before!

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I can only assume that's a mechanic that will change "soon" It is surprising something like that would ever make it to launch though.

DDO was like that ( I think ) when it first came out. I seem to remember some party battles over people rushing ahead and looting chests. 

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

That was quite funny although I'm not a troll myself (I hope) lol

Does seem like something that will prompt a very quick fix from Zenimax - likely just phase someone out of the zone after however many seconds if they leave a group.

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422
    Even his name is troll-like, Stealthzor
  • AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    There is not much to say about this....i guess everyone who laughs or say something negative about the game after watching this video will auto considered a troll...because...anyway,  you know...
  • ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

Elder Trolls Online ROFL

Most of dungeon loot comes from chests that can be opened once by anyone in group. Yea, no obvious problem here. Like running a PUG dungeon with "master looter", where lead gets all loot and you trust them to hand it out.

But seriously, how did they not design it, so people dropped from dungeon group would get kicked? Even TOR got that one right!

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Hrotha

Havent seen it yourself? Convince yourself by watching the latest impression of higher level dungeons and how much of a troll-nature there in can be found. Coming to you by Force:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLBHjwCw088

Enjoy

Wow..just wow.... looks like this game is still in beta!!!

/facepalm.

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by Erlijus

To me, this is not so much a problem with the game

Yes it is. One of the easiest solutions would be to actually remove the player from the dungeon when people vote to kick him. Because of this, you can't get another person in. 

Also, relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM

Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

Elder Trolls Online ROFL

Most of dungeon loot comes from chests that can be opened once by anyone in group. Yea, no obvious problem here. Like running a PUG dungeon with "master looter", where lead gets all loot and you trust them to hand it out.

But seriously, how did they not design it, so people dropped from dungeon group would get kicked? Even TOR got that one right!

Loot from chests items get bound to player who opens it so how this is not a problem? even if you run with guildies it is still a silly mechanic to make loot drops from locked chests. It is nothing like running pug with 'master looter'. And who the hell even run pugs with master looter anymore? all MMOS with dungeons have need and greed in place.

Design decisions like these show the lack of Zenimax"s experince in MMOS. Now i wonder what the hell were all beta testers doing all this time?

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

i wonder if you guys actually EVER played an mmo.

guaranteed boss loot?! in which game was that supposed to happen?

example wow: you dont get loot every boss. you get loot like every 3 or 4 bosses. and then you need to fight with those who want it too, hell, even using extra rolls only ends up in giving you moar gold!

example aion: same thing, just a MUCH weirder drop rate on the stuff you really want.

example ToR: aaaaand again. same thing..

example TSW: nope, no guaranteed boss loot (same for conan, same system)

example GW2: err... yes... no.

(just named a few never ones here, but it was the same for every older mmo i played)

so, which games did i miss that give you GUARANTEED boss loot? and are they still fun? can't imagine them being.

PS: totaly agreed on the "grp kick / ini kick out" thingie tho.

but hey, that's why we all hate randoms, don't we? *G*

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Originally posted by Thane

example wow: you dont get loot every boss. you get loot like every 3 or 4 bosses. and then you need to fight with those who want it too, hell, even using extra rolls only ends up in giving you moar gold!

example aion: same thing, just a MUCH weirder drop rate on the stuff you really want.

(just named a few never ones here, but it was the same for every older mmo i played)

so, which games did i miss that give you GUARANTEED boss loot? and are they still fun? can't imagine them being.

When was the last time you played WOW? because i played it last week and every boss in dungeons drops loot which you need or greed.

So yes every boss drops loot. its guaranteed and same goes for any other themepark MMO. Rift, FFXIV ARR etc

So he is right about 'guaranteed' part.

And it is not just about the loot drop from boss but putting loot in chests which works on 'first come first serve' basis. And the one whop opens it gets the items bound so you can not even trade with others.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

I did one PUG group instance in ESO which was enough to remind me again why I usually never do it.

Is this a ESO design issue ? Maybe.

Is this an education problem ? Definately.

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Originally posted by Thane

uhhh? stop making shit up. I am playing SWTOR currently and all main bosses in operations and FP's drop loot. Loot is guaranteed what is not guaranteed is that boss will always drop what you need.

Same goes for Aion, Rift, Wow, TSW etc

Why make up lies to defend an obvious flaw in ESO dungeon design ? seriously.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

How to fix:

• Party loot notifications
    • Need or Greed Rolls
    • party looting system (including chests)
    • personal instanced loot (everyone gets their own loot)
    I think this must be working as intended because it seems pretty fail at game design 101 to mess up the loot system.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    The funny part here is how the youtube guy and all the commentors think it would be a good thing if kicking a party member booted them out of the instance. You think the looting guy was trolling? Give a party leader the ability to instantly remove anyone from the instance and then you'll see some trolling. No fucking thank you.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

I haven't been a fan of this game cause it seemed boring, this seems fun, then again I can't stand min/max'ers.

Whining about the things this guy whines about is proof why a game like Ultima Online or Camelot will never be made again. Everyone has become entitled whiners, this guy annoys me to my very core and even though I know i'm in the minority I have no problem saying that this guy and his mentality are part of the overall problem and why MMO's are "boring".

Risk and reward are probably not in this guys vocabulary, he wants everything and he wants it now, simple as that.

Originally posted by Braindome

I haven't been a fan of this game cause it seemed boring, this seems fun, then again I can't stand min/max'ers.

Whining about the things this guy whines about is proof why a game like Ultima Online or Camelot will never be made again. Everyone has become entitled whiners, this guy annoys me to my very core and even though I know i'm in the minority I have no problem saying that this guy and his mentality are part of the overall problem and why MMO's are "boring".

Risk and reward are probably not in this guys vocabulary, he wants everything and he wants it now, simple as that.

I think the whole thing just went over your head because this video had nothing to do with 'i want it all and i want it now'.

I like how you jump on OP but had nothing to say about the guy who instead of helping his team was  just running to chests and looting stuff. 

You sir blow my mind.

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

I think the whole thing just went over your head because this video had nothing to do with 'i want it all and i want it now'.

I like how you jump on OP but had nothing to say about the guy who instead of helping his team was  just running to chests and looting stuff. 

You sir blow my mind.

I think he got it pretty right though. The guy in the video started by talking about how there's no certainty of loot from bosses, wants certainty of loot via sharing chests and thinks that giving one person the ability to remove anyone he wants instantly from a dungeon is worth it just so he can get his fair share of chests. He was an idiot, and Brain is right to call him out as such.

Originally posted by sketocafe

You sir blow my mind.

I think he got it pretty right though. The guy in the video started by talking about how there's no certainty of loot from bosses, wants certainty of loot via sharing chests and thinks that giving one person the ability to remove anyone he wants instantly from a dungeon is worth it just so he can get his fair share of chests. He was an idiot, and Brain is right to call him out as such.

Certainty of loot means every boss drops loot and then you need or greed. He isn't talking about certanity in loot as in ' make boss drop an item which i need'.

You guys are mis interpreting what he is saying. All he wants is need and greed loots to be added and make sure that just not one person go around looting chests while rest of the team is fighting.

• uidLuc1duidLuc1d Member UncommonPosts: 194
    I hope they add the ability for party leaders to just flat out kick people resulting in the kickeds removal from the instance... used to love running dungeons, getting to the end, and mass dropping people from the group right before boss drop.  Bonus points if it's one of those dungeons that takes hours to run.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

You sir blow my mind.

Well, no matter what the developer listens to the fans. I'm sure a decision will be made based on what the fans want. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

You sir blow my mind.

Well, no matter what the developer listens to the fans. I'm sure a decision will be made based on what the fans want. 

Nothing to do with listening to fans but a guy taking advantge of an obvious flaw in dungeon design.

You sir blow my mind.

Certainty of loot means every boss drops loot and then you need or greed. He isn't talking about certanity in loot as in ' make boss drop an item which i need'.

You guys are mis interpreting what he is saying. All he wants is need and greed loots to be added and make sure that just not one person go around looting chests while rest of the team is fighting.

I understand what he's saying pretty well. He has a problem with someone trolling in one way and thinks the solution is giving party leader the power to troll on a much grander scale. No fucking thank you.

You sir blow my mind.

I understand what he's saying pretty well. He has a problem with someone trolling in one way and thinks the solution is giving party leader the power to troll on a much grander scale. No fucking thank you.

Make bosses drop better loot than chests and add greed and need . If first problem is solved there wont be any need to kick people from group and even if it is still needed just add the vote system to kick.

This is dungeon design 101.