Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Damage dealer

ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

I wanna make a nice damage dealer, which one would you think would do the most damage?

Dragon Knight spec in Ardent Flame

Sorcerer spec in storm (seemed low damage at the starter island)

Or Templar spec in Dawn's wrath

Comments

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

It depends, the build I'm going for is a high damage dealer to targets that are low on health.

I'll let my comrades deal damage from afar and my Orc NB Berserker will teleport in and finish them off.

I love that playstyle.

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444
    Originally posted by immodium

It depends, the build I'm going for is a high damage dealer to targets that are low on health.

I'll let my comrades deal damage from afar and my Orc NB Berserker will teleport in and finish them off.

I love that playstyle.

NB?

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Night Blade.

I love the sorcerer's spells and stuff, but man it seems like it's doing low damage at low levels :-/

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

The nightblade has the highest single target dps. I think sorcerror is also a heavy damage dealer.

Technically they are the damage dealer classes. Dragonknight is good at tanking, Templar is the only one that has a healing line.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    Originally posted by Thodra
    I love the sorcerer's spells and stuff, but man it seems like it's doing low damage at low levels :-/

You gotta make sure you're investing your attribute points into Magicka. Also, Destro staves help supplement your damage at lower levels.

Originally posted by nate1980
    Originally posted by Thodra

You gotta make sure you're investing your attribute points into Magicka. Also, Destro staves help supplement your damage at lower levels.

I'm having a hard time getting a destro staff :-/

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Weapon choice is the main thing that will decide your DPS. Duel Wield and Bow are probably the highest.

If I was making a pure DPS character, and I have one as an alt, I'd make a Nightblade using those two weapon types and medium armour (so I have better stamina management). Nightblade easily has the highest damage skills vs how much magicka they cost... but stamina would be your main resource with this character anyway. All your attribute points would go into stamina and you'd want increase stamina on all your armor and stamina regen on your accessories. If you reach the stamina and stamina regen soft cap then use a bit of increase magicka and magicka regen instead.

You could always do it with a sorcerer instead of nightblade though if you prefer that class.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by DMKano

Originally posted by fivoroth
    The nightblade has the highest single target dps. I think sorcerror is also a heavy damage dealer. Technically they are the damage dealer classes. Dragonknight is good at tanking, Templar is the only one that has a healing line.

Dragonknight is better at DPS than tanking - I am soloing Skulls with my DK - 5 light/2 heavy - destro/restore staff, burning talons (key) and a ton of AoE skills so they go down quick without touching me.

If they are immune to root - resto staff and dot em to death, kite a lot.

Cake.

Spiked armor maxes out your AC, light armor maxes out magica regen, resto staff has bubble/ max resist buff - sick combo.

Would you say DK is doing better damage than a sorcerer?

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

I've played my sorcerer with DPS, and destruction staff.. and the damage is lackluster.. generally.  I mean it depends on if you're doing PvE or PvP,  but with PvE,  you can really throw some damage out, but in order to do so consistently they really make it tough not to stick to a light armor line and take the magic regen buffs and things of that nature.

That being said,  destruction staff does have some decent abilities  like a knockback, and some AOE abilities.. but to be honest,  I find I do my best ranged damage by going either destruction restoration staff,  or restoration staff, restoration staff,  and using mostly dark magic and storm summoning traits.  Then spec into your summoning pets, because they take all the aggro.

I've solo'd so many things just sticking to double restoration staff, but using a combination of the dark magic root, the dark magic missile, the lightning pool, and every now and then the lightning finisher.  The Storm atronach ultimate I like better then the lightning hands ability, whatever thats called that makes you run around like a sith lord.   Other fun things are to drop curses, and  if you do go destuction staff, the wall of elements is fun to use especially if you morph it to explode. (morph the dark magic root to explode too)   overall the damage isn't going to be crazy bursts like a night blade can do for single target,  but with a short cast time, you can make quick work of most things later in level.