Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why no PvP Server´?

vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436

Pve gets boring without it, and the battleground Cyrodiil probably works for people who like to work as a team, its not really something me, a solo/duo/trio player can get into. Most of the time we have ended up looking for other soloplayers to gank, and none of us consider that fun.

You got the point?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Yea, you like to gank the helpless, when the odds are heavily on your favor.

Not the game for you.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Yes I get it, you're the type of player that likes to wait until someone gets on a quest npc then goes in and ganks them.  Then shorly after you spam emotes and go LOLn00b!

Am I right?

Only difference between PvP server and Cyrodiil is that in Cyrodiil, you have more competition and more well geared players who went out there ready for PvP.  If you're a PvP enthusiast, you should embrace Cyrodiil...unless you're someone who specifically likes to gank people while they PvE.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by fardreamer

Pve gets boring without it, and the battleground Cyrodiil probably works for people who like to work as a team, its not really something me, a solo/duo/trio player can get into. Most of the time we have ended up looking for other soloplayers to gank, and none of us consider that fun.

You got the point?

I don't see the difference, at least from what you offered.

You don't find ganking solo players fun but how does that differentiate from a pvp server?

Cyrodiil is exactly like it's own pvp server.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Not the game for you.

You missed my point.

I'll say it in another way.

I do not enjoy running around inside a battleground trying to find people who do not want to take part in the castle camping zerg.

I want to do pve and be a victim, to a attacker, i want to be a little cautious when dealing with people.

Originally posted by Sovrath

You got the point?

You don't find ganking solo players fun but how does that differentiate from a pvp server?

I dont want to fight, i want to be attacked while doing pve.

You got the point?

Then you are in luck, There are quests actually in Cyrodiil.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

By the way, I do get what you are saying.  If you look at say, WoW's PvP server, I've enjoyed it when I played WoW.  But that setup only works for certain games.  There's too much phasing and instancing for PvP to work in PvE with ESO.  It just won't work with ESO.  That's why PvP is best separated into a PvP zone...the largest PvP zone in all MMO's.

Originally posted by Mardy

Yes I get it, you're the type of player that likes to wait until someone gets on a quest npc then goes in and ganks them.  Then shorly after you spam emotes and go LOLn00b!

Am I right?

Only difference between PvP server and Cyrodiil is that in Cyrodiil, you have more competition and more well geared players who went out there ready for PvP.  If you're a PvP enthusiast, you should embrace Cyrodiil...unless you're someone who specifically likes to gank people while they PvE.

Im not a pvp enthusiast, im a gamer first, i enjoy a challange, be it pve or pvp, i can take a pvp fight if i have to, though id rather avoid it if i can. the thing is when the game forces me to avoid it, a whole lot of the emotional "game" is lost, and there is not enough pve content in the battleground for me to play with. 

Endgame I would like to spend my time protecting people from vile players so they can level its a dynamic element i miss in modern games. semi rose tint on my glasses perhaps i dunno. i know iv never been a griefer or a ganker, and as much as iv hated getting ganked while doing my pve sometimes, i also loved the thrill of a good chase trying to avoid it.

You got the point?

yes, there are, how many again?

By the way, I do get what you are saying.  If you look at say, WoW's PvP server, I've enjoyed it when I played WoW.  But that setup only works for certain games.  There's too much phasing and instancing for PvP to work in PvE with ESO.  It just won't work with ESO.  That's why PvP is best separated into a PvP zone...the largest PvP zone in all MMO's.

Best answer so far, you have a point and i can sort of see it, still it works in wows heavy phasing areas.

You got the point?

yes, there are, how many again?

I have no idea, just go to the towns and find them.

There are actually a lot of quests, and they're away from keeps too.  But for you to be looking for fights there, you do have to camp for people and wait until they come for those quests. 

Like I said, you want WoW PvP server, which makes sense.  But that just won't work in ESO due to the amount of phasing & instancing in PvE.

There are actually a lot of quests, and they're away from keeps too.  But for you to be looking for fights there, you do have to camp for people and wait until they come for those quests. 

Like I said, you want WoW PvP server, which makes sense.  But that just won't work in ESO due to the amount of phasing & instancing in PvE.

Ill check out more of the quests in there, but like you say it will probably end in a camping situation.. and thats not my thing.

We can call it a wow pvp server if that makes sense yeah, but are you really sure that is the main reason for not having a pvp server? I would be fine with it being like it is. maybe im not technical enough to understand this.

MegaServer setup with phasing means you don't see a lot of the people even though they're in the same "zone" doing the same quests.  That's why sometimes you have to group or add someone to your friends list, and click on "travel to player" to get with someone.  This is why PvP server won't work in ESO.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    I love when people chime in and comment on why he wants PvP server. Who cares why he wants it. PvP servers and dueling should be in every mmo. Period. Not having them is laziness and excludes a huge playerbase regardless of the reason they want it. Cyrodiil does not make up for a PvP server or dueling.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Not possible with the setup of alliances.  You can't venture to enemy zones, in exception for post lvl50 content.  In that content, you can't see enemy players, as you are in your own phase of their lands.  The only area in the game where you can see enemy players is inside a Cyrodil campaign, which is instanced.  In order for a PvP server to exist, the megaserver would have to be abandoned.  Not only that, the whole game would have to be opened up to all players, regardless of alliance affiliation.  So due to the structure of the current game, this is not even a remote possibility.  You have to accept it.
  • HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Some of the posts in these forums are pretty fucked up, imo. People on this site need to stop pushing this idea that so many people are assholes who want to gank low level players, or gank people when they're farming, or whatever else. Sometimes we want to be the ones being ganked, sometimes we want to win outnumbered, and yes, sometimes I want to be the one sneaking up on a member of an enemy clan, or a known PK, or whatever else. We want a world with danger where not everything is a fair fight. That's more interesting to us. 
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    The game will never have open world faction PvP. The only time you encounter other factions is in Cyrodiil. Opt in FFA PvP is something they could do. Technically with the megaserver they could group all PvP flagged players together.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

When I played WoW, after a year or so initially, I started over on a PVP server.  PVE servers were just boring, and I wanted more.

So I understand your question.  There is not a PVP server on ESO to my knowledge... it's all PVE with instanced PVP in the middle at high levels.

Hope that helps!

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Thee are tons of dungeons in Cyro also ;)
    Our guild was camping the inside entrance and it was hilarious !

Also sneaking around to disrupt players running to front line is quite nice to do, you get alot of 1v1 or 1v2 that way.

but in the other zones pvp has no place..... public dungeons would be camped by higher level players and you cannot do anything.

I realy like the way Zenimax has taken this path.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Thee are tons of dungeons in Cyro also ;)
    Our guild was camping the inside entrance and it was hilarious !

Also sneaking around to disrupt players running to front line is quite nice to do, you get alot of 1v1 or 1v2 that way.

but in the other zones pvp has no place..... public dungeons would be camped by higher level players and you cannot do anything.

I realy like the way Zenimax has taken this path.

If it's camped, then you petition people of your faction to help.  Part of the game. It is a MMORPG after all.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• vzerovvzerov Member Posts: 125

Not the game for you.

You do realize people choose to join pvp servers with their free will and those "victims" are also gankers to some other players right?

its like saying boxers are bullies who like to attack innocent people

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Not the game for you.

You missed my point.

I'll say it in another way.

I do not enjoy running around inside a battleground trying to find people who do not want to take part in the castle camping zerg.

I want to do pve and be a victim, to a attacker, i want to be a little cautious when dealing with people.

Then stop buying themepark games. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511

Am I right?

Meh, bullshit. Just because someone is in Cyrodill doesn't mean they wear best in slot gear and are prepared to fight 100% of the time. In every MMO with pvp I've played I've always engaged other players with lower gear. Its actually where a game shines. If somebody 1-2 shots me then the game's balance is shit and will require you to run on the gear treadmill. If the fight is long and I see the skill of my opponent then the game is probably worth it. 

Also with the megaserver and all I think TESO having a PvP-ON server is close to impossible, unless they have separate "megaserver" 

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Sounds like you want Mortal Online. ESO cant have a pvp server due to the MEGASERVER for NA and EU meanign there is a ONE "server" for each

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!