Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Imperial Edition statue

A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Friend got her Imperial Edition today from mail. After opening the box she noticed the statue had no tail or the pedestal it stands on at all. Also, the mace/hammer in it's hand was snapped into pieces and broken. Anyone else had any issues with it?

Pretty steep price for a huge lump of junk. I'm just glad I didn't buy CE this time.

Comments

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    Originally posted by A.Blackloch

Friend got her Imperial Edition today from mail. After opening the box she noticed the statue had no tail or the pedestal it stands on at all. Also, the mace/hammer in it's hand was snapped into pieces and broken. Anyone else had any issues with it?

Pretty steep price for a huge lump of junk. I'm just glad I didn't buy CE this time.

What retailer did she go through? Also, what mail service delivered the package? My wife buys a lot of stuff through Amazon and I've had to complain about our UPS driver numerous times. We live in an apartment that has a gated porch. You can't get anything under the gate, but there is about a foot space between the top of the gate and the ceiling. Our UPS driver likes to toss the packages over the gate. Letting them fall 9 feet to the ground. I caught him doing it once and tore him a new one all the way back to his truck. I also have a friend who works for UPS in a local distributing center. He's told me horror stories about how stuff gets tossed around.

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

Just opened mine (hurray!) and you can tell her the socle/tail is in fact attached on the back side of the big black plastic bit that holds molag baal main body and the game DVD. Just below the DVD actually, I had a transparent plastic case that held the tail and socle.

The hammer is in perfect condition here, and I'm happy about my purchase I suppose.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I just got woken up by the UPS man, I just opened it and everything seems to be fine.  That sucks that yours is broken or missing pieces.  I'd be pissed!
  • SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    It happens sometimes.  I'm sure they'd replace it if you contact them.  At least I'd hope.
  • askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631
    The lore book looks seriously good, with its "leather cover".
  • MerklynnMerklynn Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Just picked up my retail Imperial Edition. The only damage was a corner of the box (slight crack down the seam and the outer plastic box sleeve on same corner w/same damaged edge). I can live with it. As for the statue no damage and if you look underneath the back of where the statue is fastened there's the base & tail.

Hope they didn't forget to add it in your set and yes it's not cool when you wait for a collector's set to arrive only to discover it was damaged in transit. This was why I preordered in store but what can you do. Perhaps if they added a second outer box to really protect the product there'd be less risk to see anything like this occur.
  • orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    The tail and base is indeed behind the statue / cd metal case. Assembled, it's freaking huge!!!
  • CalionaCaliona Member Posts: 2

I got the same problem. I bought the Imperial Edition at our local Gamestop. When I opened it I saw that the mace was broken. They told me to contact Bethesda/Zenimax and send them a picture of the broken statue. They've had this problem before with an Assassins Creed CE and Ubisoft replaced it.

I just hope this will work here, too.

But I really don't know if I am allowed to use the codes because I don't know whether they'll just replace the statue or send a completely knew CE.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Germany.

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Tail and base are all behind and tucked within the black plastic in it's own clear plastic.  ...I can't get the freaking tail in Molag Bal's arse though!!
  • uidLuc1duidLuc1d Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Originally posted by Aulliwyn
    Tail and base are all behind and tucked within the black plastic in it's own clear plastic.  ...I can't get the freaking tail in Molag Bal's arse though!!

.....that quote is going to haunt my dreams.

• Metaljunkie87Metaljunkie87 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    My statue was broken as well, mace was snapped off. Extremely disappointed that the statue is made out of cheap plastic.
  • esoplayeresoplayer Member Posts: 1

Same here. Broken mace. And this was an in store pickup :(

Found this support ticket: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7916 and I sent an email. Fingers crossed.

Anyone already got any results on replacing it? Do they only replace the statue, or the whole box?

• CalionaCaliona Member Posts: 2

I wrote them an email with a photo and the proof of purchase and I got this answer:

"Hi Judith,

Sorry to see that. Can you see if you can use some super glue to reattached the Mace, it should attach without issue.

Kind regards,

Customer Service

GamingHeads.com"

The answer is a pretty bad joke. I did not even reply.

So don't expect to much of them. I'm still trying to get a replacement/my money from gamestop.