Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Try watching this ESO video without laughing (i couldn't do it)

DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,523Member Uncommon

Comments

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,523Member Uncommon

Too bad he logged out - if you stay logged in while falling (it takes several minutes) - you land at the bottom of the world. It doesn't kill you.

You can run around etc... happened to me a couple of times.

• AroukosAroukos AthensPosts: 571Member
    Hahahahaah last time i have such a bug i landed in Tarren Mill :)
  • adderVXIadderVXI st cloud, MNPosts: 639Member Uncommon
    That is too funny!!  I couldnt stop laughing. 

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• RoinRoin Baltimore, MDPosts: 2,927Member Uncommon
    I didn't laugh. Do I get a prize?

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• EriccomptonEriccompton Posts: 49Member Uncommon
    Hahaha good times
  • thunderCthunderC miami flPosts: 470Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DMKano

A couple of times ?yeah o.k., LMAO I have 32 hours put into the game so far and have not had this happen to me once

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Phoenix, AZPosts: 823Member Uncommon
    Last time I remember that happening on a fairly random basis was Vanguard. This was of, far longer duration, more dramatic and entertaining. Lmao, thank you.

• KarteliKarteli Providence, PAPosts: 2,646Member

This would have been the perfect Easter Egg to find Sausage Lake.

If this keep happening, I wish they would add more variation to the (currently) 2 falling screams.   whoooaahh .. ahhhh! whoooahhh ahhh!! .. hrmm

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Castielle101Castielle101 Boring, ORPosts: 81Member

This very thing happened to me in Banished Cells yesterday.  I logged out, quit client and came back and it was still happening.  I was scared I would lose my char, but then...something profound happened...I hit the bottom of...well...the bottom and died from fall damage.  I returned to the way shrine moment later like it was a bad dream.

Cas

Join the fan-powered community wiki for Elder Scrolls Online.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Phoenix, AZPosts: 958Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by thunderC

A couple of times ?yeah o.k., LMAO I have 32 hours put into the game so far and have not had this happen to me once

I have not had really any bugs that stood out to me, guess im lucky.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,565Member Uncommon

Mod community can't fix their game for them this time ;)

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Great YarmouthPosts: 394Member Uncommon

Too bad he logged out - if you stay logged in while falling (it takes several minutes) - you land at the bottom of the world. It doesn't kill you.

I remember back in EQ1 that if I jumped off the boat at Butcher Block and swam to the seabed I would suddenly find myself ported to the gates of Kaldim, very handy bug, however this one time I did the same as normal so that I could beat my friends to Kaldim, when I suddenly found myself falling through the air and taking 10k dmg and taking an exp death, losing a lvl and finding myself back in Freeport.

It was a bug I never tried again as it cost me a weeks worth of exp, I couldn't get an exp rez for love or money. However I did see the funny side of it, about a year or so later.

• kitaradkitarad RomePosts: 1,744Member Uncommon

I see the "if it didn't happen to me it's not true" is still being bandied about. Even with video evidence . This game is buggy as all hell. really need to wait before buying this.

• gekidogekido n/a, MAPosts: 64Member Uncommon

Surprised a bug like this exists.  It's something that is easily fixable.

The two most commonly used fixes...

- Add a plane below the world that would return the character to the ground if it collides.

- Continuously check the Z coordinates of the character and return it to the ground if it's below a certain number.

• immodiumimmodium ManchesterPosts: 1,577Member Uncommon
    /stuck?

• Four0SixFour0Six Missoula, MTPosts: 1,181Member Uncommon

A classic bug, found in almost every game.

Well The falling through the world part, I have never seen it let you log out, then log back into the fall.

• KyarraKyarra manchester, CTPosts: 671Member Uncommon
    The same exact thing happened to me, listened to my character scream for a bit, then just did /stuck and died =/
  • zethcarnzethcarn Kentucky, KYPosts: 1,558Member
    Originally posted by Aroukos

You fell from ESO to WoW? Impressive.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member
    Originally posted by zethcarn
    Originally posted by Aroukos

You fell from ESO to WoW? Impressive.

Not a huge jump ;)

I had a similar, but worse bug happen to me in ESO.  I jumped straight up in a quest, and instantly was in outer space.  All I could see were two moons and the sun, and my character just kept screaming over and over.  He would scream a dozen times and then I'd be booted from the server for.... spamming chat???  Despite not sending any messages.

I log in, he's back to screaming in outer space, and I didn't manage to submit a help ticket to customer service in time before being booted for spamming the no chat I was sending.  Also, my map was completely black with no wayshrine things to click.  /stuck didn't work either.

Pretty impressive, in a way.

El Psy Congroo

• CalvenCalven AarhusPosts: 151Member
    Originally posted by kitarad

I see the "if it didn't happen to me it's not true" is still being bandied about. Even with video evidence . This game is buggy as all hell. really need to wait before buying this.

What you've seen here, kitarad, is the fanboi. A fanboi will defend it's territory with religious zealotry from anyone who approaches. Even those who've come to provide constructive feedback on how to improve it's territory are ruthlessly chased away while being called hater. While they can sometimes be extremely aggressive they have very limited defences. Most often they will spew unfounded arguments that can easily be remedied by applying sound facts and hard evidence. However, they become volatile when cornered with such irrefutable arguments and will proceed to call you a hater! The fanboi will forever call you a hater, stopping only when you die or you join their side. No other cures have been found.

Spectacularly enough the fanboi is able to survive despite long periods with no sustenance. They feed vigorously upon new releases, defending it with utmost efforts from anyone who criticises it, only to discover that the game has turned F2P while doing so, proving them wrong all along. However, the fanboi manages to survive on the few bits and pieces it gathered while defending. They're able to thrive on these meager means until a new release is near. But, despite previous experiences, the fanboi continues its futile defence. Why they never learn or adapt remains unknown, but prominent scientists have recently concluded that they are, in fact, just rather stupid creatures.

• ElikalElikal ValhallaPosts: 8,063Member

Lol! :D

But imagine, you fall out of the world and suddenly... your character lands in another MMO! :O

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx California, WAPosts: 1,985Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Mod community can't fix their game for them this time ;)

• StilerStiler Athens, TNPosts: 599Member
    It'd be hilarious if the adoring fan was down there, just waiting to follow you around.
  • rodingorodingo Posts: 2,346Member Uncommon
    At first I thought it was the player's real voice screaming in frustration.  Not sure which would have been funnier.  But yeh, I couldn't help but chuckle.  That being said, I have had that happen to me in other MMO's too I'm pretty sure.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• TalemireTalemire Clearwater, FLPosts: 756Member
    ROFL!!!

------------------------------
    MMORPGs are great to look forward to after a hard day of work, but heaven is the ultimate reward for those who live Christ-like.