Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you pay for Elder Scrolls Online Early Access?

2»

Comments

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192

Of course you paid for Early Access - the packages that had it cost more, yes?

You paid for other items too of course - the rings, crabs, etc.

Just because ZoS calls it a 'bonus' doesn't make it free.

If it was really a free,  it would be included in the regular normal purchase, right?

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by SalmonMan

Of course you paid for Early Access - the packages that had it cost more, yes?

You paid for other items too of course - the rings, crabs, etc.

Just because ZoS calls it a 'bonus' doesn't make it free.

If it was really a free,  it would be included in the regular normal purchase, right?

Hope that was sarcasm cause the Early access was included in normal

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by SalmonMan

No. That's not how logic works.

Something extra can be free and not be included, even across identical products.

If I say, "I'm selling oranges, and they come with free rubberbands!" Then you would expect a rubberband with your orange.

If I say, ""I'm selling these oranges with free rubberbands, and I'm selling these oranges by themselves." There should be no expectation of free rubberbands in the second group.

Now, in the case of early access, if I purchase a product that lists it as part of the order, then yes I fully expect to receive it. ZOS has delivered on that, it was their duty to make the game available to me for 5 days early. And they did. Nowhere did they guarantee that I would be granted time off from work, have 10 flat tires, slip on a banana peel, or that the servers would have 100% uptime during the early access.

Just like your ISP doesn't reduce your bill for outages. You paid for the whole month right?

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106

Funny I played every day of early access and had no issues... I guess it was down for part of a day (2 days is an outright lie).

For those who haven't played, I assure you the OP is incorrect in his statement of the servers being down for 2 days (or even close to it for that matter. I give you my word it is a great exaggeration.

Also, they have added 2 free days to recoup for the hours lost (less than a day). So thats 48 hours extra time for the less than 24 hours it was down. 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    It was down for a day, if you shout enough they might give you an extra day on your sub. I have better things to do. :)
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

You didn't pay for early access, you pre-purchased a game that releases on 4/4/14. No one paid a dime for early access, it was a bonus and clearly stated in the terms as such. By having the server up at all during the past 3 or 5 days they have fulfilled their agreement completely.

No one on this planet or any other planet paid for early access, it's plainly a perk for pre-ordering the game.

Wrong.

In where I live, and I think most of the EU area, our consumer protection legislation does not allow free extras. Everything called "free extra" is treated as paid product if you had to pay to the seller in order to get that free extra, and the seller has same responsibilities about it as the seller would have with any other product they sell.

For those playing in EU area the early access was not free extra, it was part of the purchase just like 30 day access was.