Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will I like this game?

I'm on the fence about the game and wanted some advice.  As far as launch problems and all that go, I don't care to factor any of that stuff in, it's a launch and I understand the annoying factors of such times.  I also don't want to get in depth about the pvp, because that's something I seen I will like, and I usually wait until I'm further along in a game to get hardcore at all into the pvp role anyhow.

My main concerns are;

1)  I'm a hardcore type player (if I like the game), does it seem like it will be a game that I won't get bored in after a month?...side note, I don't care about grinding (in fact I'm kind of old school jprpg type player so grinding does not bother me if I can make it fun), I am not a fan of standing around for 1 world boss, though, to get a chance of a drop for something much needed.

2)  I've seen a lot of people saying you can do most stuff alone, except certain raids/dungeon bosses, which won't make or break anything except a few crafting abilities, is this true?

3)  I can't find information on the differences between PS4 and PC versions as far as player base on a single server restrictions or not, even on the main ESO forums.  Anyone happen to know if it will be limited as much as something like diablo 3 was? 

4)  Is there BOP or restrictions on items found?

Thanks for info in advance.

Comments

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

I'm a big JRPG fan myself and I enjoy ESO. I mostly play it like a single player game - completing quests, collecting loot from houses or finding hidden chests. I've always found the beginning of an RPG the best since you can grind up a good start (full armour set and weapons) to make your life easier for a while.

The choices you make in quests have an impact on your version of the world in npc chatter and NPCs that might live or die. You can persuade or intimidate npcs to give you items to help complete their tasks(like a summonable scamp for that area) or give up info. I have messed up quests by not reading what I was supposed to do and was unable to answer the questions I was given or accused the wrong person of a crime.

This game really captures the RPG feel of a game much better than the other similar games I've tried such as FF14 or SWTOR. I have fun regardless of what level I'm on rather than feeling like I have to grind to the top as fast as possible.

I cant really comment on the group aspects since I've not been playing it that way. I'm a big fan of faction PVP though so that justifies the sub IMO, since the character I work hard for will eventually pay off.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

It's quite simple. Are you the type of person who would follow all dialog and read every book for lore in the game world? If so, you'll like this game.

Otherwise, skip it.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by JonnyBigBoss

It's quite simple. Are you the type of person who would follow all dialog and read every book for lore in the game world? If so, you'll like this game.

Otherwise, skip it.

This is a totally inaccurate statement. It caters to many playstyles. 

There Is Always Hope!

• redjohn22redjohn22 Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by keithian
    Originally posted by JonnyBigBoss

Otherwise, skip it.

This is a totally inaccurate statement. It caters to many playstyles. 

Yeah I wasn't looking for this type of "feedback" .  I'm on the verge of giving it a go but the things I listed in my original post are my top concerns, and kind of game breakers a sense of me.

I did let the faction system pass me by, and did manage to forget how, if done right, fun that can be.

Still trying to see if any of the 4 questions/points are able to be answered or not.  The main reason for number 3 is that I am currently trying to decide on waiting or not...I need a new comp (gaming wise) and a ps4 so that's just a lot personal on my choice to play sooner or later and which platform.

• prowessprowess Member UncommonPosts: 169

If by grinding, you mean farming mobs..  No, that's a totally nonviable way to level.  If you want to progress at a remotely decent pace, you must do quests...  So, if by grinding, you mean following the questgrind treadmill, yes, you'll love this game.