Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Lego Minifigures Online: You Got Diablo in My LEGO!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The team at Funcom was able to meet with us about their new MMO at GDC. It was not crazed wizards and hardy barbarians, nor was it wild factions hiding magic in today’s society. It was LEGO. LEGO Minifigures Online captures what is so much fun about action RPGs and online worlds in a game that both adults and kids will enjoy. Executive Producer Lawrence Poe was on hand to explain working in the LEGO world, right before we got to go hands on with the title due out this Summer.

Read more of Bill Murphy's and Garrett Fuller's LEGO Minifigures Online: You Got Diablo in My LEGO!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    dear Funcom this is better business then Tokio in TSW ?
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

that looks fun!

I wonder if there will be Lego mounts too

lol..: "the trend setter who attacks enemies with her selfies" X,-)

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Woot, I love LEGOs :D
  • BeadmanBeadman Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Neat. I hope it is able to pull in a decent audience. I recently talked to a younger sibling and when I mentioned MMO's she got nostalgiad over memories of Toontown so there is definitely a market for these things.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

#1: Items with randomized stats?

#2: Dedicated master server/realm so that a real living and breathing economy is possible?

If both of these things are met, I'll certainly give it a go.

• huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210

must admit this is the only game im looking forward to . I mean I have to test it before I will let my nephew play it at some point ..

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I would be careful - the fighting gameplay in TSW is so bad it's legendary. 

It sounds as if Funcom won the contract with Lego because one team of executives who know nothing about games had an agreement with an equally clueless bunch, who have never played a game in their life.

If 95% of the gameplay in this Lego game is equally as bad as TSW, it will be a turkey.

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

I would be careful - the fighting gameplay in TSW is so bad it's legendary. 

It sounds as if Funcom won the contract with Lego because one team of executives who know nothing about games had an agreement with an equally clueless bunch, who have never played a game in their life.

If 95% of the gameplay in this Lego game is equally as bad as TSW, it will be a turkey.

I could have sworn your caps lock was on if it wasn`t for the lower case letters...

• RorhcRorhc Member UncommonPosts: 115

"Everything is awesome"

Couldn't resist.

This could end up being very interesting.

• Tara_WindwalkerTara_Windwalker Member UncommonPosts: 75

I guess it is too much to hope that those who played Lego Universe Beta and then subscribed until the last moment of the game will get LMO Beta keys.  

I still dream about playing Lego Universe.  It was fun, challenging, and the players were kind and helpful.   I haven't even uninstalled LU because it doesn't feel "right".

I will be playing Lego Minifigures Online, without a doubt.  

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by Tara_Windwalker

I guess it is too much to hope that those who played Lego Universe Beta and then subscribed until the last moment of the game will get LMO Beta keys.  

Funcom had nothing to do with Lego Universe so I doubt it.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Looks awesome.  To the fella asking if there is mounts.... most likely not, there is none in diablo nor are they needed.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Grakulen
    Originally posted by Tara_Windwalker

Funcom had nothing to do with Lego Universe so I doubt it.

On the other hand you register for beta using your Lego account. For me at least, that is the exact same account I used to log into Lego Universe, so one would imagine that that information would be easily available if Lego wanted Funcom to do something like that.

I miss LU. In the end it was starting to show signs of greatness. The new inhouse team were working wonders, and then the brass at Lego killed it... Sigh.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

The game looks like a lot of fun, but I think people should remember this is an arpg targeted at kids.

Or it's a game targeted at adults made to look like a game for kids. :)

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

I can see it now...youngster downloads, plays this game has fun, Funcom advertises Age of Conan to youngin' and the kid thinks it "looks more fun".

Mom walks in room.....boobies, Funcom fail.

• akronakron Member UncommonPosts: 38
    And again Funcom takes on another project before properly fixing their current games.. Great.
  • HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234

"The game is faced-paced fun similar to other action RPGs that you can play with your friends. "

I don't know what your hinting at Bill, but it sounds a bit mature to be child appropriate ;)

Playing: varies every day it seems.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by akron
    And again Funcom takes on another project before properly fixing their current games.. Great.

yeah,you are right ... something is wrong with FC !

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    but will there be pvp servers? lol no im joking..ill give it a try i loved marvel legos when that came out n was fun as hell
  • TheSedatedTheSedated Member Posts: 82
    What about damage meter and dungeon/raid finder?
  • Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297

I'll only play if I can have a knights plummed helmet, with a SCUBA backpack, a tankard as my melee weapon, and green Robbin Hood legs...

If they can't deliver that then this is a non-starter for me.

• nbrunoninbrunoni Member Posts: 1
    This game looks really good : )
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

looks interesting. 

To all the people complaining about TSW... I really don't get it. While I didn't play the game for very long , I don't remember combat feeling any different than any other tab target mmo on the market and the questing system was actually done really well. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher