Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a honest review (have questions as well)

CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274

So I know its probably a little early to start asking but there has been the beta as well as the early release.

I enjoy The Elder Scroll games, started playing when Marrowind game out. So I understand at least the Lore of the game.

A few things that turned me off of the game

1. Subscription based game when there is only 1 game still alive with subscription. Obvious this will change after a year or less but still annoying none the less. 

2. No raiding, not sure if this has changed yet. I enjoy grouping and killing stuff with players. Without this feature its pretty much I am god I can kill whatever, what is the point of playing an MMO if this is the case? besides pure pvp games of course which I dont find fun either.

3. Without raiding the best gear in the game is crafted, unsure how crafted works but I dont enjoy farming countless stuff like this. One very boring aspect of the game to me. I dont mind grinding raids out for gear since im usually spending time with people and having fun. Chopping wood for 10 hours straight, not fun.

A few things I would like to hear about from your experience so far.

1. How would you rate questing over other games. Better or worse? 

2. Does ESO have a story? All the others have some kind of problem you are trying to solve.

3. What is the appeal to play? Why should I play this instead of Skyrim that I bought for $5 and can have mods on and have countless different experiences with?

4. What is there to do at cap, what is there to do in between?

But what has everyone thought so far about the game what are some likes and dislikes about the game so far. 

Comments

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Creatorzim

So I know its probably a little early to start asking but there has been the beta as well as the early release.

I enjoy The Elder Scroll games, started playing when Marrowind game out. So I understand at least the Lore of the game.

1. Subscription based game when there is only 1 game still alive with subscription. Obvious this will change after a year or less but still annoying none the less. 

2. No raiding, not sure if this has changed yet. I enjoy grouping and killing stuff with players. Without this feature its pretty much I am god I can kill whatever, what is the point of playing an MMO if this is the case? besides pure pvp games of course which I dont find fun either.

3. Without raiding the best gear in the game is crafted, unsure how crafted works but I dont enjoy farming countless stuff like this. One very boring aspect of the game to me. I dont mind grinding raids out for gear since im usually spending time with people and having fun. Chopping wood for 10 hours straight, not fun.

2. Does ESO have a story? All the others have some kind of problem you are trying to solve.

3. What is the appeal to play? Why should I play this instead of Skyrim that I bought for $5 and can have mods on and have countless different experiences with?

But what has everyone thought so far about the game what are some likes and dislikes about the game so far. 

1;) I enjoy questing. Its stays true to single player Elder Scroll titles so if you enjoyed those you will enjoy in ESO.

2;) Yes its very heavy on story which is told through phasing.

3.) For me the appeal to play is the Elder Scroll settings. If Elder Scroll settings and titles wasn't attached to it i wouldn't have taken much interest in it. Because in my opinion. As far as the features goes a lot of MMOS do a lot better job at it.

4;) There is raiding and adventure zones, veteran levels, PVP..so not bad for a game that just released. How fast you chew through the content however depends upon your playstyle.

So overall a fun game if you enjoy questing and storyline. That is the main appeal for me. Other than that i find it an 'average' MMO over all.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

1. Not sure if this is you trying to incite a flame war or you being ignorant.

2. From the sound of things, sounds like you're just looking to incite a flame war with ESO fans. Your words really do make it seem like you've already made up your mind on not enjoying this game.

3. If you won't put in the slightest bit of effort to research the game, i'm simply going to return the favor and not bother giving you information that is easily and readily available in this very self-same forum.

1. It's the same.

2. Yes, what game doesn't have a story?

3. Try going to the ESO website to get a feel for what the appeal is to play.

4. The same stuff you did when you started the game.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Honest review - not fanbois

Convenient.

Anyone who likes the game looks to be a fanbois and dishonest.

I'm glad you went into this objectively.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

Not a true fan boy (that's right...fan boy not fanboi...morons) but I am a fan of MMOs and happen to think think ESO is great. Of course I thought the same about TSW and GW2...so...well....

1.  Questing rules over the latest MMOs I have played. Not just a hub (shaddup hub haters)

2.  ESO has a great story. I am one of those that clicks through it too fast though. Some quest lines and such are better than others. The main story is hard to tell...well...where it is. But over all, if you look, the story is there to see. I just didn't look enough.

3.  Everything...If you are into MMOs. Kinda of a dumb question. All games are this way.

4.  Another dumb question about MMOs...at cap? Why care? During? Ummm...the game in itself is there....wtf do you mean?

Biggest unanswered question was cap....but I never care about that. Most others say that the PvP is where the CAP is...I dunno...I never care about cap...I care about the journey.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

Big fan of ESO here.  Just wanted to say, don't buy this game if you are not a fan of Elder Scrolls games, you wont like it.

Originally posted by Knotwood

Big fan of ESO here.  Just wanted to say, don't buy this game if you are not a fan of Elder Scrolls games, you wont like it.

See...that just BS and you know it....

Any MMO player might like it...might LOVE it.

AND...since when are you a big ESO fan?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

Best questing I have ever had in an mmo. I prefer it over the go here, kill x, come back, now run here, kill y. As you level the quests seem to get more detailed, they each have their small stories to play out on some level. Some cool "small" quests as well that you will find along the way. I wish they were as intelligent as the "Secret World" quests as far as figuring things but "oh well".

Yes, each alliance has a story as well as each guild.

Because you want an mmo set in an Elder Scrolls world. Other than that, I don't believe in telling people why they should play one thing over another. I run off of the "you are a big boy, go decide for yourself" philosophy.

PvP as well as selling/buying if you are into making money. There will be pve adventure zones added to the game.

I like the world, love the quests, the pvp is good though I preferred Lineage 2 sieges over this type of sieging. I like trying to figure out how to build my character. Oh, and this is the first game where I've actively crafted. I like how you discover quests and "attractions" as you move through the world. You can just follow the main story lines but I highly advise heading out to the world as opposed to fast traveling every where.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust

True, to be fair, I do know a lot of WoW fans in game who said they will never be going back to WoW after seeing this game.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

True, to be fair, I do know a lot of WoW fans in game who said they will never be going back to WoW after seeing this game.

Tonight, in general chat, one guy did say it was his favorite mmo of all time. Now, I don't know how much time to him is "all time" but apparently he liked it as an mmo.

It's a great "themepark" mmo if one likes themepark mmo's.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • andreawalesandreawales Member Posts: 44
    Stopped reading at " Fanbois " ....  basically you are saying that someone who loves or really likes the game cant give an honest review ? What  ... you want a Troll review ? or a haters review ? .... sheesh grow up dude.

Also...to be fair...I did read some of you other posts and can say your more a fan than not?  I might have been initially wrong...

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

Subscriptions keep the gold sellers low.  Go FTP and all they have to do is sign up for an account and start spamming.  It also results in a more mature community, instead of 12-year-olds shouting things about "noobs" whenever someone new asks a question.

Group content exists.  It may be different from WoW.  I won't stick around in games that just copy WoW's end-game design.

Crafting ingredients can be rare.  Anyone can find them, then hire a crafter to make something.  You don't have to craft if you don't want to.

The questing feels more story-based.  People complained when TSW got rid of quest hubs and limited your number of quests.  ESO doesn't limit your quests, but you still feel inclined to work on only one at a time and you don't have the quest-hub feel at the same time.

It has plenty of stories, and a lot of them tie into the main story.  It feels like a generic "something is threatening to destroy the world" story, but the steps along the way so far (I'm only level 10) tell smaller parts of the story.

If you like competitive PvP, this game promises large-scale combat.  If you want to play Skyrim with friends, this is a good option.

As far as I know, dungeons are in the game.  Skyshards give you skill points to develop your character.  PvP is a major part of end-game.

One final comment:

The combat feels slow in this game.  It isn't a bad thing as it gives you plenty of time to focus on the story and the other elements of the game.  It just may not be everyone's cup of tea.

• OldMMOGamerOldMMOGamer Member UncommonPosts: 100
    None Fanboi answer.....Play the game and do your own work to find out if you like it
  • indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

@OP - I'm going to answer your post from the perspective that you aren't just trying to start a thread that flames the game. But I will admit, the verbiage of your post sounds like you just want an "honest review" from people who only want to bash the game. 

Here's your honest review. 

I hadn't followed this game until about February. I didn't know a single thing about it. I've never played and Elder Scrolls game before this one. The MMO I've spent the most time in was Darkfall Online, an open world full loot PvP MMO...so basically absolutely nothing like ESO. I've also never played World of Warcraft.  I say all this to let you know that I am absolutely not the type of gamer ESO targets and I am certainly not a blind fanboy. 

My review will be short. Basically, I love the game. The PvE is the best PvE I've experienced in any game. The questing is fun and very entertaining if you pay attention to the stories and listen.  The dungeons are very immersive, fun, and abundant.  There is currently no raiding but there will be 12 player group content in the new future (deemed "adventure zones"). 

The PvP is extremely fun... But probably only if you play with an organized PvP group. My clan rolls out with 10 people and we steamroll groups of 50 or more. Granted we are all hardcore PvPers that come from a PvP centric game, but it is very fun. The siege combat is extremely well done and the game itself is very anti Zerg.  Of course there will be big zergs...but organized groups of good players can do so much more damage than a Zerg. In beta we got a group of about 30 going and we were holding off zergs of 100 plus. My only complaint about PvP is there is currently nothing important to fight over.  Hopefully they implement something awesome in the center of Cyrodiil that really gives something for people to fight over that they care about. 

My favorite part of the game is the skill system. There are essentially an infinite amount of builds that can be made. Sitting in mumble theory crafting builds with friends is very fun.  It is very rewarding to plan out a build from scratch and watch it come together successfully as you progress. 

The crafting is a good blend of themepark and sandbox characteristics. I love that the system forces you to specialize. In order to max out all crafting skills on one character it would take something like 2-3 years. 

My only complaint about the game thus far is that the leveling content isn't very conducive to group play. The questing plays very much like a single player game because of all the story and voice acting.  I enjoy solo leveling but I know many people do it in groups. It is fun to group up for dungeons, but then break back off for questing. 

There you go. A honest review. Hope this is what you were looking for. 

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Originally posted by andreawales
    Stopped reading at " Fanbois " ....  basically you are saying that someone who loves or really likes the game cant give an honest review ? What  ... you want a Troll review ? or a haters review ? .... sheesh grow up dude.

I assume that he wants an opinion from somebody who is not so deep into the honeymoon period that can't see any fault with the game. You can actually like a game despite it's faults and acknowledging said faults does not necessarily mean that you hate that game.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

I never played a single Elder Scrolls game, so I went in a total Elder Scrolls noob.  I'm loving the game, for the RPG aspect of it, as well as the massive DAOC-style PvP.  This *is* the DAOC 2 that many of us ex-DAOC players have been asking for.  Warhammer Online wasn't it, this is more of a DAOC successor than WAR ever was.  Of course I'm still keeping a close eye on Camelot Unchained :)

So just wanting to add that you don't have to be an Elder Scrolls fan to like this game.  I'm liking both the PvE aspect of it, as well as the PvP.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

Originally posted by Xasapis

I assume that he wants an opinion from somebody who is not so deep into the honeymoon period that can't see any fault with the game. You can actually like a game despite it's faults and acknowledging said faults does not necessarily mean that you hate that game.

Maybe so , but using the word Fanbois in the thread title is rather immature.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    You will never get an honest review this close to release. Everyone has rose colored glasses on and mmorpg.com is too scared to be critical due to potential loss in ad revenue. On top of that negative posts tend to get "filtered" around here during big launches.
  • CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

1;) I enjoy questing. Its stays true to single player Elder Scroll titles so if you enjoyed those you will enjoy in ESO.

2;) Yes its very heavy on story which is told through phasing.

3.) For me the appeal to play is the Elder Scroll settings. If Elder Scroll settings and titles wasn't attached to it i wouldn't have taken much interest in it. Because in my opinion. As far as the features goes a lot of MMOS do a lot better job at it.

4;) There is raiding and adventure zones, veteran levels, PVP..so not bad for a game that just released. How fast you chew through the content however depends upon your playstyle.

So overall a fun game if you enjoy questing and storyline. That is the main appeal for me. Other than that i find it an 'average' MMO over all.

I did enjoy some questing in TES but mostly just the guild stuff, everything else felt very repetative. I think phasing story is always a good way to go so I like that. Ya I felt that the name was pretty much the only appeal nothing new that any other mmo didnt bring to the table. But last time I heard there was no raiding, and had no thoughts about making raiding content, this was a few months ago.

Originally posted by Sephiroso

1. Not sure if this is you trying to incite a flame war or you being ignorant.

2. From the sound of things, sounds like you're just looking to incite a flame war with ESO fans. Your words really do make it seem like you've already made up your mind on not enjoying this game.

3. If you won't put in the slightest bit of effort to research the game, i'm simply going to return the favor and not bother giving you information that is easily and readily available in this very self-same forum.

1. It's the same.

2. Yes, what game doesn't have a story?

3. Try going to the ESO website to get a feel for what the appeal is to play.

4. The same stuff you did when you started the game.

You obviously never played a failed MMO, or a super hyped MMO that lost half of its player base a month in. SWTOR and Rift are in that category, Guild Wars 2 seems to be moving that way as well. It seems like you are trying to start a fight im not interested. Just asking if I should buy the game when it goes on sale in a few months. I took advantage of waiting a few months after Guild Wars 2 came out and got it half off. Just wondering if its worth my time to even invest that much money in. 

Originally posted by Zorgo

Honest review - not fanbois

Convenient.

Anyone who likes the game looks to be a fanbois and dishonest.

I'm glad you went into this objectively.

What happened to all the fanbois of SWTOR? Ya they are crying right not. You know what, im one of them...Swtor is a great single player or partner game, it is not a good MMO. Im playing it right now again with my gf, its a very easy game, the story is one of the best around. Swtor and Lotr have the best stories I have ever seen in an MMO. But thank you for great feedback. You obvious have no idea what you are talking about. 

Swtor was filled with tons of problems at the end game content because they wanted to not actually test that content for some stupid reason and the hardcore players like myself got to end content the first week started raiding and had a hard time beating the rancor that would insta kill you when you entered, the boss that wouldnt lower his shields after you did the correct trap, etc. It got boring fast losing to bugs. Pvp even though that isnt my thing had tons of bugs in the pvp planet. Took them forever to fix that. But again thanks for the feedback since you dont know what you are talking about.

Not a true fan boy (that's right...fan boy not fanboi...morons) but I am a fan of MMOs and happen to think think ESO is great. Of course I thought the same about TSW and GW2...so...well....

1.  Questing rules over the latest MMOs I have played. Not just a hub (shaddup hub haters)

2.  ESO has a great story. I am one of those that clicks through it too fast though. Some quest lines and such are better than others. The main story is hard to tell...well...where it is. But over all, if you look, the story is there to see. I just didn't look enough.

3.  Everything...If you are into MMOs. Kinda of a dumb question. All games are this way.

4.  Another dumb question about MMOs...at cap? Why care? During? Ummm...the game in itself is there....wtf do you mean?

Biggest unanswered question was cap....but I never care about that. Most others say that the PvP is where the CAP is...I dunno...I never care about cap...I care about the journey.

Fanboi is a way of saying it just depends. With quests do the NPCs talk? are there voice actors? I guess its early to tell but with the story how would you rate it? Have you played Swtor or Lotro? I would consider those the best story lines around is it anything close to that?  Most MMOs have an angle they play, WoW has the numbers angle, so many people play it its easy to get information you need, easy to get into groups, easy to do content whenever you want. Guild Wars 2, No holy trinity interesting grouping concept active events, , Rift, active events that brought everyone together, Swtor, full voice acting amazing story, Lotro iconic characters with epic story, the list goes on. What does ESO have that no one else does that is breaking the limits? Cap is important to me since that is where you spend 99.999999999% of your time I would love to know what there is to do and what people thought about it. During the middle of questing is important because doing quest after quest gets boring if the quests are not amazing, for the majority of MMOs they are not amazing. Lotro had the epic quest line which was very interesting and took you to new places. Swtor had the space mission, little fun side game. Just something to break up the dull quests if that is what they are giving.

Originally posted by Sovrath

Best questing I have ever had in an mmo. I prefer it over the go here, kill x, come back, now run here, kill y. As you level the quests seem to get more detailed, they each have their small stories to play out on some level. Some cool "small" quests as well that you will find along the way. I wish they were as intelligent as the "Secret World" quests as far as figuring things but "oh well".

Yes, each alliance has a story as well as each guild.

Because you want an mmo set in an Elder Scrolls world. Other than that, I don't believe in telling people why they should play one thing over another. I run off of the "you are a big boy, go decide for yourself" philosophy.

PvP as well as selling/buying if you are into making money. There will be pve adventure zones added to the game.

I like the world, love the quests, the pvp is good though I preferred Lineage 2 sieges over this type of sieging. I like trying to figure out how to build my character. Oh, and this is the first game where I've actively crafted. I like how you discover quests and "attractions" as you move through the world. You can just follow the main story lines but I highly advise heading out to the world as opposed to fast traveling every where.

Thank you for this. This is essentially what I was looking for. A good review added in games for comparison to help get a feel of the type of game, explained how different elements worked and didnt worked. Thanks. From this review I will probably get it a little later down the road. Still not understanding why this game is sub though, this game is screaming single player to me, mostly since I dont pvp and there is no real end content for me. Ill have to try it out though for sure.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

I've played MMO's since the start of the genre, so my answers are based on my experiences with many many MMORPG's.

1. I rate the questing of this game one of the best I've played in awhile, up there with GW2.  While this game isn't a sandbox, it doesn't give you the yellow quest markers that you hunt down on the minimaps, nor the standard kill 30 mobs, collect 4 stones type of quests.  The stories behind the quests are more fun and immersive than usual.  I hate reading quests, but I find myself listening in on the voice-overs...which all quest npc's have voice-overs in this game btw.  The actions of the quests are more engaging, partly thanks to the combat system.

2. Good indepth story, 3 different factions so rolling 3 different characters will get you 3 different lore & story line.  There's a main theme to the stories, but there are side-stories when you deviate from the rail and go off to find quests from npc's that you'll only find if you do steer away and explore.

3. Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game, I have not touched a single player game since the genre started back in 1999.

4. Dunno about cap, don't care at the moment.  I'm having too much fun to give a rats behind about where I'll be months down the road.  Life is too short, enjoy now, worry about crap later.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

Originally posted by JimmyYO
    You will never get an honest review this close to release. Everyone has rose colored glasses on and mmorpg.com is too scared to be critical due to potential loss in ad revenue. On top of that negative posts tend to get "filtered" around here during big launches.

I think your point about Rose colored glasses is ok , but I think mmorpg.com are always very honest with their opinions on games if a company is advertising with them or not.

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369

ESO: some people will like it others not, it brings nothing new to the table but it does stuff reasonably well, its not without it's problems either. it has potential and could be around for a very longtime.

I also found that skipping quest s turns them into fed ex quests but if you read the quest text (or listen in this case) it brings much context to what you are doing and with a little suspension of disbelief the quests become much better, probably as they are a little better written than most other mmo's.

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by Butch808

ESO: some people will like it others not, it brings nothing new to the table but it does stuff reasonably well, its not without it's problems either. it has potential and could be around for a very longtime.

I also found that skipping quest s turns them into fed ex quests but if you read the quest text (or listen in this case) it brings much context to what you are doing and with a little suspension of disbelief the quests become much better, probably as they are a little better written than most other mmo's.

I would disagree that it brings nothing new to the table, but they're not features which are entirely obvious until a little bit into the game.  

The sense of immersion in the world and the excellent questing are at least two aspects of ESO which really shine for me.  GW2 did some interesting work in their own direction on "getting rid of quests" but in the end, most of their secondary quests were the same old go pick up 10 this and take it to that, fare.

ESO has taken their Skyrim experience with quests and improved on it, so I'm finding some of the main quest lines are very interesting, well acted, all with spoken dialogue throughout, with some actual plot lines.  I have been pleasantly drawn in to these in a way that I haven't for quite a long time.

"Fanboi is a way of saying it just depends."

No...it's an insult to people that might like said game. Like the term "Carebear". Stop using these terms (not you...but everyone) if you really think you'll get an honest answer after.

• CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274

Originally posted by syntax42

Subscriptions keep the gold sellers low.  Go FTP and all they have to do is sign up for an account and start spamming.  It also results in a more mature community, instead of 12-year-olds shouting things about "noobs" whenever someone new asks a question.

Have you played WoW? 90% 12 years shouting noob, thousands of gold farmers. Most other games have no gold farmers for free to play games. Its not lucrative when any idiot can get a free account and farm, they are making pennies for millions of gold. Sub means you have to have some kind of skin in the game making it more lucrative

Group content exists.  It may be different from WoW.  I won't stick around in games that just copy WoW's end-game design.

What type of content? Havent heard much on grouping yet.

Crafting ingredients can be rare.  Anyone can find them, then hire a crafter to make something.  You don't have to craft if you don't want to.

The questing feels more story-based.  People complained when TSW got rid of quest hubs and limited your number of quests.  ESO doesn't limit your quests, but you still feel inclined to work on only one at a time and you don't have the quest-hub feel at the same time.

That sounds interesting, so similar to how the games feels already where you have open range and can tons of quest but dont need to go after them all at once and hard to even attempt to?

It has plenty of stories, and a lot of them tie into the main story.  It feels like a generic "something is threatening to destroy the world" story, but the steps along the way so far (I'm only level 10) tell smaller parts of the story.

Story is what makes me keep coming back. Its why we play RPGs in the first place. Being with friends is an added bonus in MMOs.

If you like competitive PvP, this game promises large-scale combat.  If you want to play Skyrim with friends, this is a good option.

As far as I know, dungeons are in the game.  Skyshards give you skill points to develop your character.  PvP is a major part of end-game.

So thats twice you mentioned pvp. What is so amazing about PVP that isnt in any other MMO? Maybe if it breaks up how bring PVP got to me I might be interested.

One final comment:

The combat feels slow in this game.  It isn't a bad thing as it gives you plenty of time to focus on the story and the other elements of the game.  It just may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Thanks for the review I really enjoyed it. As I read peoples reviews who are not just jerking them off I do see potential in the game. Could be a side project of mine.

Originally posted by indef

@OP - I'm going to answer your post from the perspective that you aren't just trying to start a thread that flames the game. But I will admit, the verbiage of your post sounds like you just want an "honest review" from people who only want to bash the game. 

Here's your honest review. 

I hadn't followed this game until about February. I didn't know a single thing about it. I've never played and Elder Scrolls game before this one. The MMO I've spent the most time in was Darkfall Online, an open world full loot PvP MMO...so basically absolutely nothing like ESO. I've also never played World of Warcraft.  I say all this to let you know that I am absolutely not the type of gamer ESO targets and I am certainly not a blind fanboy. 

My review will be short. Basically, I love the game. The PvE is the best PvE I've experienced in any game. The questing is fun and very entertaining if you pay attention to the stories and listen.  The dungeons are very immersive, fun, and abundant.  There is currently no raiding but there will be 12 player group content in the new future (deemed "adventure zones"). 

The PvP is extremely fun... But probably only if you play with an organized PvP group. My clan rolls out with 10 people and we steamroll groups of 50 or more. Granted we are all hardcore PvPers that come from a PvP centric game, but it is very fun. The siege combat is extremely well done and the game itself is very anti Zerg.  Of course there will be big zergs...but organized groups of good players can do so much more damage than a Zerg. In beta we got a group of about 30 going and we were holding off zergs of 100 plus. My only complaint about PvP is there is currently nothing important to fight over.  Hopefully they implement something awesome in the center of Cyrodiil that really gives something for people to fight over that they care about. 

My favorite part of the game is the skill system. There are essentially an infinite amount of builds that can be made. Sitting in mumble theory crafting builds with friends is very fun.  It is very rewarding to plan out a build from scratch and watch it come together successfully as you progress. 

The crafting is a good blend of themepark and sandbox characteristics. I love that the system forces you to specialize. In order to max out all crafting skills on one character it would take something like 2-3 years. 

My only complaint about the game thus far is that the leveling content isn't very conducive to group play. The questing plays very much like a single player game because of all the story and voice acting.  I enjoy solo leveling but I know many people do it in groups. It is fun to group up for dungeons, but then break back off for questing. 

There you go. A honest review. Hope this is what you were looking for. 

Thanks for the review. Im very surprised at how much I hear about PVP, Its not something i thought of when i thought of ESO. I just grouping with playing killing a beast of some sort, playing weeks, months, just to kill that one boss. Trying over and over to complete a common goal with players. I find PVP to be a short goal, in 30 minutes we kill these guys over here and we go to bed. If the game is mostly PVP maybe this game isnt for me. It could be that you are just a PVP person so your review was more pvp related. Hopefully that is what it was it doesnt seem like the rest of the reviews talk so much about PVP like you do.

Originally posted by Xasapis

Exactly. We all saw what SWTOR looked like a month after release. Tears covering the battlefield. Me being included, me being a hardcore PVE player who was sorely disappointed being in the second top guild on the biggest server. Cleared all the content possible but because of bugs couldnt complete any more and got fed up. Replaying for the story with my gf right now but it should have just been made into a few games instead of an MMO.

Originally posted by justmemyselfandi
    Here's a review for you: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/04/the-elder-scrolls-online-review-in-progress/

I dont care about companies who get paid to review games. WoW is ranked as the number 1 game in most of those charts and as a game its complete shit. Yes, I played the game up until a few months ago, but thats because im a PVE fan. I enjoy the hell out of raiding with friends. Its a great experience but that isnt what they review these games about and still rate them high. They are bought out to review these games. MMO just released a review which didnt look to nice, didnt read it all but im guessing they couldnt say much more than that since they get ad funding from them.

Originally posted by JimmyYO

I understand but im still trying and some of these people have been very helpful.