Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital Imperial Edition, Deleting Your Character, Losing Special Edition Items?

ImperatorBellusImperatorBellus Member UncommonPosts: 35
I wanna delete my game and re-download the client. I have an updated beta and it says ESO Beta in steam when I play it so I rather have the client. Anyway, I accidentally created a character without editing physical features and he has the name I wanna use. If I store my digital edition benefit Items in a bank and delete the character, would those Items be removed?

Comments

• SkeeterslintSkeeterslint Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Originally posted by ImperatorBellus
    I wanna delete my game and re-download the client. I have an updated beta and it says ESO Beta in steam when I play it so I rather have the client. Anyway, I accidentally created a character without editing physical features and he has the name I wanna use. If I store my digital edition benefit Items in a bank and delete the character, would those Items be removed?

Put them in the bank and you'll be fine you won't lose them.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

You can delete the client and redownload it without deleting your character since its stored serverside (on the Zenimax servers).

Just do it that way to be 100% sure.

Ahh never mind, I misread what you were asking.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158
    You can rename what Steam displays by the way. Just right click, properties and set the name.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    If I store my digital edition benefit Items in a bank and delete the character, would those Items be removed?

You will lose those items, just as the recurring login pop up message says.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    If I store my digital edition benefit Items in a bank and delete the character, would those Items be removed?

Make your new character first, then put your items in the bank and see if the other character has them, if he does then delete the first one (you have 8 slots for character).

Originally posted by Arkain

Make your new character first, then put your items in the bank and see if the other character has them, if he does then delete the first one (you have 8 slots for character).

Whoa wait... the bank is account-wide not per character?  I did not notice that. Cool!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Arkain

Whoa wait... the bank is account-wide not per character?  I did not notice that. Cool!

It is account wide - here's one problem though - the treasure map packs cannot be placed in the bank for some reason.

Individual maps can but not the bundled map packs you get in the mail.

So you end up losing lots of bank space on individual maps for enemy regions that you can't do til 50+

Thanks for the info. I was considering just chucking the maps, because there's a lot of them and they are taking up a good bit of bank space. Account wide bank, though... dunno why I didn't even think to check that. Thanks!