Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

47 Hours Level 15

AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Anyone else playing this slow? I read so many negative posts about someone power leveling to 50 within the first day, that I wanted to get an idea if I was the only one.

Just got my weapon swap and now I'm trying to figure out what weapon to use!  The game is addictive.

Anyway, if you guys don't mind, how many hours have you logged in and what levels are you?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Comments

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    Just a guesstimate, but I'd say I've got about 30 hours in and I'm level 14. Should hit 15 tonight.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Arndush
    Just a guesstimate, but I'd say I've got about 30 hours in and I'm level 14. Should hit 15 tonight.

I'm guessing you are younger than me! I'm not as fast as I use to be! :) 

Anyway, this to me levels at about the same pace as Vanilla WoW, which I was hoping for.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

Anyway, this to me levels at about the same pace as Vanilla WoW, which I was hoping for.

Well, I'm 35. But, I was moving slower because I did some PvP around level 10 - 11 and for the first 10 levels I was stopping to smell the roses. However, the last two nights I buckled down and did some questing. I want to get to level 15 so I can really sink my teeth in to the build I'm developing. After that, I'll probably slow down again as I venture into more PvP. Although, age doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it. It's more mentality. Do you explore everywhere? Are you driven by experiences, or are you goals driven? There are guys much older than me in my guild and they are in their 20s already. I'm sure someone may have even hit 30.

Hat tip for the pic of Rob Roy as your avatar by the way. Here's a pic of me in my Ren Faire garb. I'm a member of the Queen's Own Highlanders of Scarborough Faire in Waxahachie, TX (Just outside Dallas/Ft. Worth).

• TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141

This is leagues slower than vanilla WoW. When that game released, I didn't know about quests being good (In MMOs prior to that, they were just a waste of time) so I just grinded on mobs a la Everquest style. Literally, just killed mobs over and over, without questing. Even doing that, I was level 20 within about 6-7 hours of creating my character. A friend of mine actually did the quests, and leveled much faster than me.

I quite a few xpacs ago, but I imagine it's much faster now.

• DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346

Definitely been taking my time. Trying to play with all the crafting professions. Looking for every possible skyshard/skill point and lore book. If you do that it can a long time to level. Since you'll always head back to town to deconstruct and bank everything.

I always rush to end game but this time I'm going to take my time.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Anyone else playing this slow? I read so many negative posts about someone power leveling to 50 within the first day, that I wanted to get an idea if I was the only one.

Just got my weapon swap and now I'm trying to figure out what weapon to use!  The game is addictive.

Anyway, if you guys don't mind, how many hours have you logged in and what levels are you?

i went through about 6 hours and i'm only level 6 lol. I thought I was doing something wrong haha. 

Well, I'm 35. But, I was moving slower because I did some PvP around level 10 - 11 and for the first 10 levels I was stopping to smell the roses. However, the last two nights I buckled down and did some questing. I want to get to level 15 so I can really sink my teeth in to the build I'm developing. After that, I'll probably slow down again as I venture into more PvP. Although, age doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it. It's more mentality. Do you explore everywhere? Are you driven by experiences, or are you goals driven? There are guys much older than me in my guild and they are in their 20s already. I'm sure someone may have even hit 30.

Hat tip for the pic of Rob Roy as your avatar by the way. Here's a pic of me in my Ren Faire garb. I'm a member of the Queen's Own Highlanders of Scarborough Faire in Waxahachie, TX (Just outside Dallas/Ft. Worth).

Now that is an epic look!  :)

Originally posted by Havekk

i went through about 6 hours and i'm only level 6 lol. I thought I was doing something wrong haha. 

No, I think you are doing something right. 

I think we may be going slower than some games because there is very little experience or info to create our toons from. Plus it is slow just because there is so much other content to do besides level.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

It's just too slow right now.  Each quest takes about twice as long as it should for the xp reward.

I want to do quests, but I don't have 30 hours a week to play, let alone the 60 a lot of people devote to mmo's when they don't have other responsibilities.

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Yeah I'm level 9 with probably 40 hours or more
  • SIRKRASIRKRA Member UncommonPosts: 66

from 30th March - about 4 hours daily

i did level 6 mightblade and deleted, level 6 templar and deleted, level 3 dk and deleted, now i'm on level 9 and half mage after many hours and i like, don't know why but mage is so slow to exp on, i can say without doubt that templar was really like lightning fast to level compared to, i did level 6 in no time, i'd say if i kept templar now i'd be something like level 15 instead of 9 and half, and for me this is not normal :), still need balance

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

Noob.

(pls don't ban me! )

Originally posted by Zadawn

Noob.

(pls don't ban me! )

Noob? I believe mmorpg champion.  RPG being the highlight of my play style. :) And from the other players post here, I believe the same goes for them! 

Originally posted by adam_nox

It's just too slow right now.  Each quest takes about twice as long as it should for the xp reward.

I want to do quests, but I don't have 30 hours a week to play, let alone the 60 a lot of people devote to mmo's when they don't have other responsibilities.

Who said you have to play 30 hours a week? Besides, in a game that has no "end" why is fast leveling a good thing? I've never understood this. Don't be in such a rush, enjoy the ride. I suppose that concept developed out of endgame raiding where people said, "The real game doesn't start till max level anyway." Which always made me want to throat punch the person who was speaking. "Really, what have I been doing for the last 50 - 80 levels (depending on game) then?"

I think that slow leveling is even less of a problem in ESO. You don't have to sprint to max level to participate in part of the endgame. They let you do that at level 10. Yes, yes, I know, level 50 and veteran rank players will beat you one on one. But, there is no rule saying you have to play fair. Get friends, ambush the enemy.

• TigsKCTigsKC Member UncommonPosts: 187

My Redguard Dragon Knight is just level 7 after 10-12 hours of gameplay.

I am loving this slow pace.  I am actually playing the game and immersing myself into the content instead of racing ahead to complete quests at top speed and focusing solely on the quest items/objectives.

I don't hate on anyone for their individual play style, but I was always one of those who wanted to achieve level and skill caps ASAP to proceed to the end-game.  So, I understand that mindset, but ESO has been crafted in such a way that I feel no such need here.  No pressure, just fun.

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259

Been in there since 5 days early access.

My main is around 27 hours old and ... level 10 !  =)

I've been spending time crafting, harvesting, chatting with friends, running around smelling the roses and looking at the scenery.. all the while, having a blast not thinking about levels! 

I'm doing the quest that I am interested in, for the story, not for the XP nor the loot at the end of it (since there is no preview of what you will get if you do it like in some other games). I try to explore every parts of the world and have a lot of fun doing it!

I don't care about my level at all, and that in itself is pretty refreshing.

I like the pace of things and I sure hope they will keep it that way. 

I always thought the journey to level cap should be as important (if not more) than the so called "end game", so I'm happy to get that feeling again..

Hope it stays like that all the way!!

• WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402

This is the best and most innovative feature of this game, the fact that I feel absolutely no pressure to level higher. It just happens. Instead I am so wrapped up in the world, I feel this deep urge to explore every story and read every book. I want to scope the landscape and discover new treasure and crafting nodes. It's kind of wonderful. I just play ESO to play ESO, without a necessary goal except to experience the world. I think it's the most immersive MMORPG I've played since...idk, DAOC? There is lore in every design, every feature, and every step. That's important and something I think was missing in other recent games. I'm not sure what GW2 is, but it doesn't have the soul that encourages me to have a relationship with my experience ingame.

WoW was immersive, but was too light-hearted and failed to wear its lore on its sleeve. It was more of an MMORPG than a world. ESO is more of a world than an MMORPG. All the books and quests give you this grand sense of a magical past, a sense the world existed before we joined and will exist after we leave. I think it will only increase as they add new lore and new immersive features (I hope you all realize they are going to add housing, etc. because those are important staples of the ES experience). I think TSW failed in that it didn't capture the feeling of a world, only zones, and it was too mission-based. I think TOR failed because the experience and emotional investment in one's character was too shallow although the story was great.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Let me deconstruct your statement in a simplified format.

"I want to level quicker like in other games so that I don't waste my time playing this game"

• Originally posted by adam_nox

So deal with it - play the game for longer. If you're not able to devote 30-60 hours of game play a week, it's not hindering you at all. I don't think there is any form of measuring exp reward to time spent on a quest. Perhaps you just prefer more reward for less input.

• uidLuc1duidLuc1d Member UncommonPosts: 194
    I have about 70 hours in the game.... and three lvl 7s because... reasons.  ( I like alts and to drink while playing... a lot. )
  • CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272

So basically.... "I'm a special snowflake and the game has to bend to my will... since I dont have time to play it, the game should change according to my busy life and my own specifications and requirements".

How about ... either you find the time or mmo's (which are per definition time consuming games that require a special dedication - or at least they used to) arent for you?

Look at me for instance... I dont have the time, still I play at my own pace and I still do my stuff - do I expect to be better and to have the same stuff as someone who plays 60 hours a week? Hell no! But thats hows suppose to be!

EDIT: oh btw... I've been playing since the 5 day headstart and I'm level 18... I dont think you'll find anyone slower than me

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

I am enjoying the hell out of this game but still only get to play only a small amount each day. I am only level 10. lol

I enjoy talking to npcs for additional story and lore and reading discovered notes and books. The rate I am leveling is about exactly the rate I expect in a "real" mmo. I am a wee bit old school and got used to Asheron's Call where (unless in exploitive xp chains) it took many months or well over a year of constant playing to reach anywhere near level cap. The fun was in the journey.

I hope that many xp exploits are fixed in ESO (there will always be xp grinders though) and it doesn't suffer from vertical expansion issues that have ruined games like Wow.

You stay sassy!

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    14 hours and I am level 8, loving the pace!
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Currently like 35 hours and still not level 15

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Yes I started a new character now, but took me about 11-13 hours getting to level 10 with a templar.