Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Being Charged 14.99 Up front Beforre 30 Days???

Comments

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Originally posted by Panthien
    Originally posted by Tygranir
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by ianicus
    Wait.... People were charged today for time that doesn't begin for another 32 days, essentially making people pay $75 for a game, and people got upset. There are really people here defending Zenimax for a screw up this big?

you.....need to maybe read a little more than the title of this thread bro...

Everything in my post is a fact. Nice shield you're carrying though. Did that thing come with free game time?

pro tip - I dont even own the game lol, im just sick of the kids on this website and thier BS

You new here?

IMO you're likely to find it's some of us that have been here the longest that are the most sick of it, go figure.

Agreed, but inflammatory posting and thread hijacking are not going to improve the situation.

Problem is kids cry wolf first, then look if there really is a problem.

An adult would have contacted support and they would have fixed the issue. Just like mentioned in post 10  on page1, zenemax made a statement about their mistake and either rectivied it already or told you how to proceed if they havent yet.

I understand that but, at least in my opinion, people still have a reason to be upset. Unplanned withdrawals from accounts are the leading cause of overdraft charges. This mistake could cost people money they do not have available at the moment. Zenimax has acknowledged and is working to correct the issue, but people still have a right to be upset.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by raapnaap

Originally posted by Gestankfaust

Originally posted by raapnaap I applied the game keys for two different accounts, in both cases I got asked to set up a subscription method. I didn't think much of it as that is standard practice... Then I realized: - Both accounts did not receive their 30 'free' days of game time included with the Imperial Edition purchases. - Both accounts state I have 29 days of playtime remaining. - I was charged twice on my PayPal account, for a monthly subscription fee. This is practically a scam, I expect my subscription money refunded.
    Like Distopia said....you really think they are scamming us? Go through the normal checks and balances...STOP the friggin moronic conspiracy theories...
      PayPal listed both transactions as being completed. It wasn't until a few minutes ago that they are now listed as cancelled by the vendor. Updated my post to reflect this change. I was looking at the facts from PayPal as they came in, they charged me twice, but cancelled both charges minutes later. This isn't starting a conspiracy theory, this is highlighting poorly thought out launch plans on ZOE's part. I figured it out now, but countless others will not and cancel their orders because of it.
    you talk about facts but all you did was look at a paypal statement instead of first asking the merchant....dont talk of facts if they are not complete. Again, instead of running here with torches people should be dealing with this in a professional matter, maybe im expecting too much...

Alright Mr. Fanboy, that is enough. If PayPal (or any other payment method) tells you your account got charged, people are perfectly within their right to raise an alarm. It's entirely ZOE's fault for not properly explaining their methods up-front.

For the record, people who opt not to subscribe right away do not receive their "30 days of free game time", and the condition of pre-subscribing was NEVER mentioned until after you applied a game code. That is poor management.

Finally, unfortunate folks who do not own a credit card or PayPal account and subscribed through other methods such as paysafe cards did in fact get charged right away and now have 60 days of game time. Again, piss poor management of a launch.

Nice post that I read part of...

FINALLY....you take this up with your card accounts...not try and bad mouth a game for what is most likely just  an easily fixed error.

Get it through your thick skulls...it has happened before and was fixed.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665

Originally posted by raapnaap I applied the game keys for two different accounts, in both cases I got asked to set up a subscription method. I didn't think much of it as that is standard practice... Then I realized: - Both accounts did not receive their 30 'free' days of game time included with the Imperial Edition purchases. - Both accounts state I have 29 days of playtime remaining. - I was charged twice on my PayPal account, for a monthly subscription fee. This is practically a scam, I expect my subscription money refunded.
    Like Distopia said....you really think they are scamming us? Go through the normal checks and balances...STOP the friggin moronic conspiracy theories...
      PayPal listed both transactions as being completed. It wasn't until a few minutes ago that they are now listed as cancelled by the vendor. Updated my post to reflect this change. I was looking at the facts from PayPal as they came in, they charged me twice, but cancelled both charges minutes later. This isn't starting a conspiracy theory, this is highlighting poorly thought out launch plans on ZOE's part. I figured it out now, but countless others will not and cancel their orders because of it.
    you talk about facts but all you did was look at a paypal statement instead of first asking the merchant....dont talk of facts if they are not complete. Again, instead of running here with torches people should be dealing with this in a professional matter, maybe im expecting too much...

Alright Mr. Fanboy, that is enough. If PayPal (or any other payment method) tells you your account got charged, people are perfectly within their right to raise an alarm. It's entirely ZOE's fault for not properly explaining their methods up-front.

For the record, people who opt not to subscribe right away do not receive their "30 days of free game time", and the condition of pre-subscribing was NEVER mentioned until after you applied a game code. That is poor management.

Finally, unfortunate folks who do not own a credit card or PayPal account and subscribed through other methods such as paysafe cards did in fact get charged right away and now have 60 days of game time. Again, piss poor management of a launch.

thats part of the billing error genious, you do have to SET UP a subscription plan to get your free month, but it was supposed to BILL, till the free month was up. you need to do some research befor coming in here, and PS I dont even own the game, as ive said, im just tired of people spreading misinformation all over this god forsaken website.

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
    Wait.... People were charged today for time that doesn't begin for another 32 days, essentially making people pay $75 for a game, and people got upset. There are really people here defending Zenimax for a screw up this big?

Everything in my post is a fact. Nice shield you're carrying though. Did that thing come with free game time?

pro tip - I dont even own the game lol, im just sick of the kids on this website and thier BS

You new here?

IMO you're likely to find it's some of us that have been here the longest that are the most sick of it, go figure.

Agreed, but inflammatory posting and thread hijacking are not going to improve the situation.

An adult would have contacted support and they would have fixed the issue. Just like mentioned in post 10  on page1, zenemax made a statement about their mistake and either rectivied it already or told you how to proceed if they havent yet.

I understand that but, at least in my opinion, people still have a reason to be upset. Unplanned withdrawals from accounts are the leading cause of overdraft charges. This mistake could cost people money they do not have available at the moment. Zenimax has acknowledged and is working to correct the issue, but people still have a right to be upset.

but people werent just upset, they spread misinformation an confusion all over this site and im sure plenty of others. And that presents a whole other set of problems, and in all honesty just makes a person look like a fool.

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
    ANYWAY, this thread is so played out and irrelevant it might as well be the next star wars movie. Move along folks.
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    no..i put it on my card and no charges came out of it. They will charge you once you have passed 30 days free

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Alright Mr. Fanboy, that is enough. If PayPal (or any other payment method) tells you your account got charged, people are perfectly within their right to raise an alarm. It's entirely ZOE's fault for not properly explaining their methods up-front. For the record, people who opt not to subscribe right away do not receive their "30 days of free game time", and the condition of pre-subscribing was NEVER mentioned until after you applied a game code. That is poor management. Finally, unfortunate folks who do not own a credit card or PayPal account and subscribed through other methods such as paysafe cards did in fact get charged right away and now have 60 days of game time. Again, piss poor management of a launch.
    thats part of the billing error genious, you do have to SET UP a subscription plan to get your free month, but it was supposed to BILL, till the free month was up. you need to do some research befor coming in here, and PS I dont even own the game, as ive said, im just tired of people spreading misinformation all over this god forsaken website.

My posts are not misinformation other than the original post which has since been updated.

Stop attempting to justify ZOE's poor handling of their product launch. Another example of this: I have yet to receive an official message from ZOE confirming this was a technical issue in their billing software. Nothing in my mail box about it, nothing on the ESO website about it. Perhaps a random forum post in a random thread few people will ever read?

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Originally posted by Talrune
    I mean it is not a huge deal just seems deceptive.

Not a huge deal? This is beyond bad. How can they even do something like this before the first 30 days are over. They better pay back or they will have a shitstorm on their hands.

Um.... A credit card PRE-authorization is hardly unusual. Not sure why you have an issue grasping the concept, perhaps you should read the thread?

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

Alright Mr. Fanboy, that is enough. If PayPal (or any other payment method) tells you your account got charged, people are perfectly within their right to raise an alarm. It's entirely ZOE's fault for not properly explaining their methods up-front. For the record, people who opt not to subscribe right away do not receive their "30 days of free game time", and the condition of pre-subscribing was NEVER mentioned until after you applied a game code. That is poor management. Finally, unfortunate folks who do not own a credit card or PayPal account and subscribed through other methods such as paysafe cards did in fact get charged right away and now have 60 days of game time. Again, piss poor management of a launch.

My posts are not misinformation other than the original post which has since been updated.

Stop attempting to justify ZOE's poor handling of their product launch. Another example of this: I have yet to receive an official message from ZOE confirming this was a technical issue in their billing software. Nothing in my mail box about it, nothing on the ESO website about it. Perhaps a random forum post in a random thread few people will ever read?

or you know you could do the grown up thing and contact support LOL

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/67461/bank-account-being-charged#latest

Go read this before anyone of you guys wish to misinform the people out there. 

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

My posts are not misinformation other than the original post which has since been updated. Stop attempting to justify ZOE's poor handling of their product launch. Another example of this: I have yet to receive an official message from ZOE confirming this was a technical issue in their billing software. Nothing in my mail box about it, nothing on the ESO website about it. Perhaps a random forum post in a random thread few people will ever read?

I figured all you'd have to come back with is an immature response.

"lol".

I'm done here, enjoy your forum parade.

My posts are not misinformation other than the original post which has since been updated. Stop attempting to justify ZOE's poor handling of their product launch. Another example of this: I have yet to receive an official message from ZOE confirming this was a technical issue in their billing software. Nothing in my mail box about it, nothing on the ESO website about it. Perhaps a random forum post in a random thread few people will ever read?

I figured all you'd have to come back with is an immature response.

"lol".

I'm done here, enjoy your forum parade.

"twirls his baton" ITS A PARADE!!!!!!

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

People just need to learn how to read their cc statements.  Seriously, it's not anything Zenimax did, it's not anything your cc company did.  You simply shouldn't get freaked out over "pending" transactions, because they are not posted, they are not finalized, you don't get charged for that amount.  There is no harm, no foul.  Seeing multiple pending transactions is 100% completely normal.

Here's how pending transactions are explained through one of the cc companies I use:

1. What is a pending transaction?

Pending transactions are processing but have not yet posted to your account. They can only be removed by the merchant and may remain on your account for up to five days. 

Because your card information is sometimes provided to merchants (like restaurants, gas stations, hotels, car rental agencies, and airlines) before the final transaction amount is known, they may place a hold on your account for a certain amount to make sure the card is valid or has sufficient available credit. The hold will show as a pending transaction and the amount of the pending transaction may be different from the amount when it shows in your posted transactions.

For example, you may see a pending transaction of $5 from a gas station, and then the full amount that you spend will appear once the transaction posts. Similarly, you could see a pending transaction of $100 from a hotel though your final posted amount may be less.

Some merchants may issue multiple authorizations before the transaction posts. The actual amount you spent will appear when it posts to your account within five (5) business days.

2. How long will it be before a pending transaction posts as final?

A pending transaction may post within one to five days.

3. How does a pending transaction affect my balance?

A pending transaction is deducted from your available credit but is not included in your account balance. The amount of the transaction will be added to your account balance and post to your account when the merchant determines the amount. 

4. Can I dispute a pending transaction?

A pending transaction cannot be disputed with Capital One because it isn't final-the transaction may change or may never post to your account if the merchant does not finalize it.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• ProtuniaProtunia Member Posts: 111

Pre charging $14.99 is not normal at all so just stop protecting this mistake they made and feeding this fire...lol!

Yes sometimes its .05 cents or .65 cents or $1, but its not $14.99  this is what is pissing of some players.

I know if I had bought the game and entered in a few things then saw BAMN!  $14.99 I'd be pissed too.

The good thing is people noticed it and said something and people are making sure everyone knows about it including the company in some ways I have seen.

Have all customers been notified that there has been an error in the amount of pre charge they are doing with peoples accounts...

I mean at some point you just have to stop defending this HUGE mistake and admit it was a MISTAKE that needs to be corrected.

Anyhow after all this drama I am sure it will be posted all over the internet by now how the company wrongly charged people.

So am i gonna have fun reading this back and forth pissing contest for the next hour??

Because to tell you the truth it is entertaining! :D

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444
    For frick sake. Yes it's not nice if they some how charged you already. If they have, just complain and you'll get your money back. No point in yelling doomsday all over the forums, we seen this happen before. Complain to them, get the money back, continue playing or stop playing, it's quite simple. No point in complaining here

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

You new here?

Technically speaking yes, but its misguided and rediculas. A rational person would have thought hey they made a mistake lets contact support.

We really are at the point people are just raging for the sake of raging.

Originally posted by Protunia

Pre charging $14.99 is not normal at all so just stop protecting this mistake they made and feeding this fire...lol!

Yes sometimes its .05 cents or .65 cents or $1, but its not $14.99  this is what is pissing of some players.

I know if I had bought the game and entered in a few things then saw BAMN!  $14.99 I'd be pissed too.

The good thing is people noticed it and said something and people are making sure everyone knows about it including the company in some ways I have seen.

Have all customers been notified that there has been an error in the amount of pre charge they are doing with peoples accounts...

I mean at some point you just have to stop defending this HUGE mistake and admit it was a MISTAKE that needs to be corrected.

Anyhow after all this drama I am sure it will be posted all over the internet by now how the company wrongly charged people.

So am i gonna have fun reading this back and forth pissing contest for the next hour??

never said it wasnt a mistake, DID say it isnt fraud like so many were claiming...and the mistake....not huge at all lol, ALL aaa mmo's have had billing problems if my memory is serving me.

• ProtuniaProtunia Member Posts: 111

never said it wasnt a mistake, DID say it isnt fraud like so many were claiming...and the mistake....not huge at all lol, ALL aaa mmo's have had billing problems if my memory is serving me.

Never seen $14.99 bub....you're still protecting the company btw..are you getting paid for this? ; )

Never seen $14.99 bub....you're still protecting the company btw..are you getting paid for this? ; )

of course im defending them, when someone outright spreads lies about something or someone, im going to protect them whoever they are, PS I dont own the elder scrolls online either, so this is on principal only that im writing here lol

• veratutazzveratutazz Member UncommonPosts: 136

Sadly, the whole rant of this forum thread misses IMHO the most important infuriating part of this whole issue.

I paid a whoppingly silly amount of money for this game. My decision, no harm no foul.

I expected 30 days of free gameplay with purchase of said game.

In order to receive said 30 days of gameplay

THAT I HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED

I have to authorize additional payment source.

I have no problem with them turning off my account after 30 days or even 29, framkly

However, I am now in effect losing the days I paid for if I do not authorize immediately.

Tonight's gameplay time -- which, I would like to note-- I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR

Is being witheld from me unless I prove I have the ability for further payment .. immediately.

Ask me for my credit card information in 30 days .. this is ridiculous and yes, IMHO grounds for a potential lawsuit.

As you know, anyone can sue for any reason.. Zenimax is knowingly and willingly witholding a product I have already paid for simply because I am not allowing them further information at this time. Tonight's time is being WITHELD.. there is not a server issue or some other form of game problem. the next 30 days are clearly already purchased.

Let us set up our accounts, but do not turn off our ability to play during the 30 day period we have already paid for .. lol

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

First I'm gonna, image  then I'm gonna image the whole time I'll look like this image

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

It's not a pre-charge!!!image   Are you people new to credit card use?

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

Originally posted by veratutazz

Sadly, the whole rant of this forum thread misses IMHO the most important infuriating part of this whole issue.

I paid a whoppingly silly amount of money for this game. My decision, no harm no foul.

I expected 30 days of free gameplay with purchase of said game.

In order to receive said 30 days of gameplay

THAT I HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED

I have to authorize additional payment source.

I have no problem with them turning off my account after 30 days or even 29, framkly

However, I am now in effect losing the days I paid for if I do not authorize immediately.

Tonight's gameplay time -- which, I would like to note-- I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR

Is being witheld from me unless I prove I have the ability for further payment .. immediately.

Ask me for my credit card information in 30 days .. this is ridiculous and yes, IMHO grounds for a potential lawsuit.

As you know, anyone can sue for any reason.. Zenimax is knowingly and willingly witholding a product I have already paid for simply because I am not allowing them further information at this time. Tonight's time is being WITHELD.. there is not a server issue or some other form of game problem. the next 30 days are clearly already purchased.

Let us set up our accounts, but do not turn off our ability to play during the 30 day period we have already paid for .. lol

I bet if you take a long hard look at the agreement you clicked through.....they advised. Is that a lil sneaky, sure, do I think its a big deal? nah, but I guess I dont consider the cost of a night out at mcdonalds for me and the wife a big deal either LOL

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    What's the problem? Get a refund.. mistakes happen. As for needing to provide a payment source upfront, that's normal for MMOs with a mature rating. In fact, it's a legal requirement that they have to fulfil. It's not up to them.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

You are absolutely right, it's a mistake that shouldnt have been made, but like anything in life, mistakes can be made.

But still the mature and rational way to deal with it was to contact support.

But instead people desided to rage mah pennies are stoluhn!

But lets see.. soe, bliz. trion, nscost to pick a few.. had double charging, restarting billing after months cancelation (ussually after a come back and try the game campain or scroll of resurection.) EA... do I need to go into that?

Heck even humans do! How many customers end up walking out of the store when they get too much change back?

This discussion has been closed.