Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Being Charged 14.99 Up front Beforre 30 Days???

Comments

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet
    Originally posted by ianicus
    Originally posted by raapnaap

I applied the game keys for two different accounts, in both cases I got asked to set up a subscription method. I didn't think much of it as that is standard practice... Then I realized:

- Both accounts did not receive their 30 'free' days of game time included with the Imperial Edition purchases.

- Both accounts state I have 29 days of playtime remaining.

- I was charged twice on my PayPal account, for a monthly subscription fee.

This is practically a scam, I expect my subscription money refunded.

people like you really need to contact the merchant before creating slanderous posts like this on other gaming websites.

LOL how is it slanderous to make it known they were incorrectly charged, which is a horrible mistake at best and a scam at worst.

its slanderous because it was not done intentionaly, it was an error they have acknolaged and advised they are fully prepared to fix, but instead the affected folks come here to whine, most productive.

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust
    Originally posted by Distopia

Most would, but if you know that most players are not going to subscribe to the game (and who would, really, to this game), then you're going to be looking for any way possible to at least get 1 sub fee out of some of them.

What do they gain when they get caught with  their hands in something like that? I know there are corrupt businesses out there, but this would be a rather amateurish scam, as it's easily traceable, there are far too many who would make noise about something like this, it would be idiotic.... How can you not see that?

They gain money.

And even if it is a mistake, that just proves that they're capable of idiocy.  

Your posts show this also

Oh ok let's get personal then, Fanboi.

Hey look..I got labeled a fanboi....even spelled right.

The fact that you rule all game makers as crooks matters not to you...but hey, I respond to you post and it's personal.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Just checking over my account.  As of 4:43pm today (the last charge on my credit card listed) I haven't been charged for my subscription.  Logging into my account, it has a thing saying I should set up a subscription, but under that says I have 30 days remaining...

Most would, but if you know that most players are not going to subscribe to the game (and who would, really, to this game), then you're going to be looking for any way possible to at least get 1 sub fee out of some of them.

What do they gain when they get caught with  their hands in something like that? I know there are corrupt businesses out there, but this would be a rather amateurish scam, as it's easily traceable, there are far too many who would make noise about something like this, it would be idiotic.... How can you not see that?

They gain money.

And besides, as this thread aptly shows, any amount of "noise" that is made will be somewhat countered by fanbois rushing to defend the newest big MMO.

WTH, you think fanbois on forums could save them from the lashing in the media, not to mention possible criminal charges?

criminal charges....wow, it seems the haters on this site have lost all grip on reality...

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby

They gain money.

And besides, as this thread aptly shows, any amount of "noise" that is made will be somewhat countered by fanbois rushing to defend the newest big MMO.

WTH, you think fanbois on forums could save them from the lashing in the media, not to mention possible criminal charges?

criminal charges....wow, it seems the haters on this site have lost all grip on reality...

This is a surprise to you? Most here have no touch with the reality of gaming

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

They gain money.

I think you might want to start at the beginning of this exchange :P A few pages back by now I"m sure.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

They gain money.

I think you might want to start at the beginning of this exchange :P A few pages back by now I"m sure.

The OP was enough of an insult to logic, I need no further proof that that I suppose lol

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Originally posted by raapnaap I applied the game keys for two different accounts, in both cases I got asked to set up a subscription method. I didn't think much of it as that is standard practice... Then I realized: - Both accounts did not receive their 30 'free' days of game time included with the Imperial Edition purchases. - Both accounts state I have 29 days of playtime remaining. - I was charged twice on my PayPal account, for a monthly subscription fee. This is practically a scam, I expect my subscription money refunded.
    Like Distopia said....you really think they are scamming us? Go through the normal checks and balances...STOP the friggin moronic conspiracy theories...

PayPal listed both transactions as being completed. It wasn't until a few minutes ago that they are now listed as cancelled by the vendor. Updated my post to reflect this change.

I was looking at the facts from PayPal as they came in, they charged me twice, but cancelled both charges minutes later. This isn't starting a conspiracy theory, this is highlighting poorly thought out launch plans on ZOE's part. I figured it out now, but countless others will not and cancel their orders because of it.

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Wait.... People were charged today for time that doesn't begin for another 32 days, essentially making people pay $75 for a game, and people got upset. There are really people here defending Zenimax for a screw up this big?

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

Originally posted by raapnaap

Originally posted by raapnaap I applied the game keys for two different accounts, in both cases I got asked to set up a subscription method. I didn't think much of it as that is standard practice... Then I realized: - Both accounts did not receive their 30 'free' days of game time included with the Imperial Edition purchases. - Both accounts state I have 29 days of playtime remaining. - I was charged twice on my PayPal account, for a monthly subscription fee. This is practically a scam, I expect my subscription money refunded.
    Like Distopia said....you really think they are scamming us? Go through the normal checks and balances...STOP the friggin moronic conspiracy theories...

PayPal listed both transactions as being completed. It wasn't until a few minutes ago that they are now listed as cancelled by the vendor. Updated my post to reflect this change.

I was looking at the facts from PayPal as they came in, they charged me twice, but cancelled both charges minutes later. This isn't starting a conspiracy theory, this is highlighting poorly thought out launch plans on ZOE's part. I figured it out now, but countless others will not and cancel their orders because of it.

you talk about facts but all you did was look at a paypal statement instead of first asking the merchant....dont talk of facts if they are not complete. Again, instead of running here with torches people should be dealing with this in a professional matter, maybe im expecting too much...

The OP was enough of an insult to logic, I need no further proof that that I suppose lol

TBH I think the OP had the right reaction, but that's pretty much where it ended, it's those that jumped at the chance to blow something else up that really took it some place else. Zenimax responded to this hours ago openly, yet people are still jumping in acting as though it's some ongoing conspiracy. IN the OP's defense he even said it wasn't that big a deal to him, it just caught him by surprise. That was before he even knew what was going on.

Originally posted by Tygranir
    Wait.... People were charged today for time that doesn't begin for another 32 days, essentially making people pay $75 for a game, and people got upset. There are really people here defending Zenimax for a screw up this big?

you.....need to maybe read a little more than the title of this thread bro...

Everything in my post is a fact. Nice shield you're carrying though. Did that thing come with free game time?

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link

See all perks Here

Everything in my post is a fact. Nice shield you're carrying though. Did that thing come with free game time?

pro tip - I dont even own the game lol, im just sick of the kids on this website and thier BS

pro tip - I dont even own the game lol, im just sick of the kids on this website and thier BS

You new here?

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link

See all perks Here

You new here?

IMO you're likely to find it's some of us that have been here the longest that are the most sick of it, go figure. Probably has something to do with the fact that when I first came here most posts carried substance, there wasn't so much of this Fanboi! HatER! bs...

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

They gain money.

lol so a simple billing error is idiocy LOL what a lauch, people are such fools these days. What harm have they done, none, there was a computer error and they have acknowlaged it and advised they are more than happy to help any affected customers...give them a freakin break, these things happen, and HAVE happened in most other major MMO's over the years.

It's theft which believe is a felony.

You new here?

IMO you're likely to find it's some of us that have been here the longest that are the most sick of it, go figure.

Agreed, but inflammatory posting and thread hijacking are not going to improve the situation.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link

See all perks Here

Originally posted by mbd1968

They gain money.

lol so a simple billing error is idiocy LOL what a lauch, people are such fools these days. What harm have they done, none, there was a computer error and they have acknowlaged it and advised they are more than happy to help any affected customers...give them a freakin break, these things happen, and HAVE happened in most other major MMO's over the years.

Im quite sure Zeni is protected in the case of a billing errro, that again, they have admitted and quickly, and have advised they are in the process of reversing....soooo.....no....its not theft.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

You new here?

IMO you're likely to find it's some of us that have been here the longest that are the most sick of it, go figure.

Agreed, but inflammatory posting and thread hijacking are not going to improve the situation.

Problem is kids cry wolf first, then look if there really is a problem.

An adult would have contacted support and they would have fixed the issue. Just like mentioned in post 10  on page1, zenemax made a statement about their mistake and either rectivied it already or told you how to proceed if they havent yet.

Originally posted by mbd1968

They gain money.

I needed a great laugh tonight

You new here?

thats rich, coming from "you new here?". But I can see your point, peace.

You new here?

Maybe it's just nostalgia but I do remember a time when posts here were intriguing most of the time, maybe a tad long winded. Today it's nothing but:

YOu're a Fanboi!

No You're a hater!.

It's like IGN took this place over.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Originally posted by raapnaap   Originally posted by Gestankfaust Originally posted by raapnaap I applied the game keys for two different accounts, in both cases I got asked to set up a subscription method. I didn't think much of it as that is standard practice... Then I realized: - Both accounts did not receive their 30 'free' days of game time included with the Imperial Edition purchases. - Both accounts state I have 29 days of playtime remaining. - I was charged twice on my PayPal account, for a monthly subscription fee. This is practically a scam, I expect my subscription money refunded.
      PayPal listed both transactions as being completed. It wasn't until a few minutes ago that they are now listed as cancelled by the vendor. Updated my post to reflect this change. I was looking at the facts from PayPal as they came in, they charged me twice, but cancelled both charges minutes later. This isn't starting a conspiracy theory, this is highlighting poorly thought out launch plans on ZOE's part. I figured it out now, but countless others will not and cancel their orders because of it.
    you talk about facts but all you did was look at a paypal statement instead of first asking the merchant....dont talk of facts if they are not complete. Again, instead of running here with torches people should be dealing with this in a professional matter, maybe im expecting too much...

Alright Mr. Fanboy, that is enough. If PayPal (or any other payment method) tells you your account got charged, people are perfectly within their right to raise an alarm. It's entirely ZOE's fault for not properly explaining their methods up-front.

For the record, people who opt not to subscribe right away do not receive their "30 days of free game time", and the condition of pre-subscribing was NEVER mentioned until after you applied a game code. That is poor management.

Finally, unfortunate folks who do not own a credit card or PayPal account and subscribed through other methods such as paysafe cards did in fact get charged right away and now have 60 days of game time. Again, piss poor management of a launch.

You new here?

Maybe it's just nostalgia but I do remmber a time when posts here were intriguing most of the time, maybe a tad long winded. Today it's nothing but:

YOu're a Fanboi!

No You're a hater!.

ah the good ole days

This discussion has been closed.