Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Being Charged 14.99 Up front Beforre 30 Days???

Comments

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Talrune

And I don't want to start  a charge back and risk my account being blocked so I am still waiting on a callback as I type this from Zenimax.

Seems small as I said to some but if you have ever worked for a large  company and this happens it is a big no no.

I am sure it will all work out my main reason for posting this was for others to be aware.

Thanks for the warning. 

Lol the patcher has a nice message. It says to begin your free 30 days type in your game code, its fast and easy. HAHA
  • KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

I went into my account today to find a subscription plan to use..... 

There isn't even a place to enter any credit card info nor is there anywhere to select a sub...

This thread is either full of it... image or something is missing from my zenimax account that will allow me to choose a sub.

• prowessprowess Member UncommonPosts: 169
    I can't believe anyone is actually taking this game seriously...  all they want is your money.
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by prowess
    I can't believe anyone is actually taking this game seriously...  all they want is your money.

Like every other game....why are you here?

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

Weird...

By default I didn't even have a Subscription set up. (nor will I)

Imperial-packfront

Elder Scrolls Online

Member Since March 29, 2014

Account Status

Set up Subscription Plan.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339

Yeah my earlier issue was my c lient was open(this is when servers were down for prep for launch) came back in room when they released that small patch and it was repairing it self without my doing anything.  Then it ptched again I was ok cool.

THEN LOL when client restarted it said install.  So I tried many times still install on phone and email they both said nah its just checking your data (um now i'm not dumb its reinstalling)  after 15 min and giving some info via email to guy on phone he confirmed crap that's a bug we need to fix asap thnks for alerting us.  aka have fun re downloading 22gb  love game but man t his annoying as well.

Originally posted by Knotwood

There isn't even a place to enter any credit card info nor is there anywhere to select a sub...

This thread is either full of it... image or something is missing from my zenimax account that will allow me to choose a sub.

Kinda what I was thinking too....

Well as the post from Zenimax said only some folks are actually being asked for a sub  and being charged lol

And yeah not asked for a sub if you have not entered a retail key yet...all mmos ask for a plan once you enter retail key so either you have not or ya got lucky.

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665

In my 17 years of playing mmos I honestly never recalled a mmo that ad 30 days game time charging your credit card for the following month before the 30 days are up...never. 

Yeah there may be a 1.00 auth charge and I though perhaps the 14.99 was the same thing and will fall off.  I called American Express and t hey said no this is an actual merchant charge not a pre auth and will not fall off. 

Very deceiving on their part Zenimax.  Having American Express remove that charge as well. I don't mind if they specified you have to pay your sub up front then get 30 days free but that has never been like this for any other mmo I have ever played.

I would say this was a billing error in thier system. It can happen easy enough, tons of MMO's out there have had billing issues, double charges, etc. Its too bad it had to happen in the first month, but as they have replied in thier forums, they are admitting that if there was a charge it would be an error, and are there to help correct it. Anything else is worthless speculation and trolling.

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust

Its on the right side under "Purchased Games", but it isn't set up by default.

• Angrr247Angrr247 Member Posts: 5
    Just looked at my Wildstar account I preordered and It says my next reoccurring charge will be on 3 July 2014, I checked that CC and no charge other than the $74.99 for the preorder.  Yeah I would say you got swindled.

Yeah my earlier issue was my c lient was open(this is when servers were down for prep for launch) came back in room when they released that small patch and it was repairing it self without my doing anything.  Then it ptched again I was ok cool.

THEN LOL when client restarted it said install.  So I tried many times still install on phone and email they both said nah its just checking your data (um now i'm not dumb its reinstalling)  after 15 min and giving some info via email to guy on phone he confirmed crap that's a bug we need to fix asap thnks for alerting us.  aka have fun re downloading 22gb  love game but man t his annoying as well.

See....now you are just letting it slip. The client issues were resolved much earlier.

Are you actually playing? Are you actually a paying player? I mean...c'mon.

Yeah it is. I feel your pain, I hope you have a faster connection then my ny wood internet. That goes around 170-240. I just hope when it gets downloaded, it doesnt try to redownload it again.

Originally posted by ianicus

In my 17 years of playing mmos I honestly never recalled a mmo that ad 30 days game time charging your credit card for the following month before the 30 days are up...never. 

Yeah there may be a 1.00 auth charge and I though perhaps the 14.99 was the same thing and will fall off.  I called American Express and t hey said no this is an actual merchant charge not a pre auth and will not fall off. 

Very deceiving on their part Zenimax.  Having American Express remove that charge as well. I don't mind if they specified you have to pay your sub up front then get 30 days free but that has never been like this for any other mmo I have ever played.

I would say this was a billing error in thier system. It can happen easy enough, tons of MMO's out there have had billing issues, double charges, etc. Its too bad it had to happen in the first month, but as they have replied in thier forums, they are admitting that if there was a charge it would be an error, and are there to help correct it. Anything else is worthless speculation and trolling.

To be  clear my  original post was before they admitted this so i was not trolling.

To be  clear my  original post was before they admitted this so i was not trolling.

You failed to mention you went in and setup your Subscription.

Originally posted by ilives

Um I never  went in and setup a sub and even if i did still should not be charged.  Soon as I entered retail key I was being asked to choose a sub plan  after  accepting the user agreement.

I dont think you are trolling ethier way. This other guy is making it sound like its all ok now, that they admitted they were stealing money, and they have plans to give it back.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Originally posted by Lahuzer

Originally posted by spacebot

I'm thinking they don't bill people themselves but have a service that does. Either way looks like a mistake. They do happen. Anyone remember Warhammer online's problems with mutlibilling credit cards?

This is just  a mistake why are people assuming it's not? Ahh  right better drama and all that "ESO IZ EVEL CAUSE THEY BILLED ME WRONG!"

They are "EVIL" until they prove me otherwise... 

I have no problem with 15 bucks. I have a problem with a company taking money from my card, and holding them until my 30 days are up. It's just bad business. It's stupid and only brings more hate towards them. It makes them look greedy and stupid. Way to go Zenimax. Morons.

Hmm.. what a deliciously interesting turn of events this is!!!!  image

No idea if they are charging people or are just putting through a pre-authorization.  If you were CHARGED the sub fee despite what they said, then they are wrong and you are correct to be upset with them. 

See how it works?  Doesn't matter if I like the game or not.  When a company screws up, you call them on it.  Don't defend them just because you like the game.

Of course if this is NOT really a charge but just a pre-authorization then the whole thread is moot.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Originally posted by spacebot

I'm thinking they don't bill people themselves but have a service that does. Either way looks like a mistake. They do happen. Anyone remember Warhammer online's problems with mutlibilling credit cards?

This is just  a mistake why are people assuming it's not? Ahh  right better drama and all that "ESO IZ EVEL CAUSE THEY BILLED ME WRONG!"

They are "EVIL" until they prove me otherwise... 

I have no problem with 15 bucks. I have a problem with a company taking money from my card, and holding them until my 30 days are up. It's just bad business. It's stupid and only brings more hate towards them. It makes them look greedy and stupid. Way to go Zenimax. Morons.

Hmm.. what a deliciously interesting turn of events this is!!!!  image

No idea if they are charging people or are just putting through a pre-authorization.  If you were CHARGED the sub fee despite what they said, then they are wrong and you are correct to be upset with them. 

See how it works?  Doesn't matter if I like the game or not.  When a company screws up, you call them on it.  Don't defend them just because you like the game.

Of course if this is NOT really a charge but just a pre-authorization then the whole thread is moot.

Well as I said American Express confirmed it was a charge not a pre auth.  And I trust they know what they doing for their customers.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by ilives

Huh? ofcourse has to set up a  susbcription so that they charge him after 30 days and not now.

Really getting tired of fans defending Zenimax for every single error and blunder since day one.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust

When you put your retail key in (not pre release) the page takes you to set up a  sub by default. Stop calling others trolls only because you are mis informed about an issue. 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

You may want to re-check as people on the official forums are saying it was a pre-authorization (even those originally complaining).

This is very common.  Most places put through a charge (usually $1) to make sure the card is valid etc.  Sometimes a hotel or similar place will put a blanket hold of the room cost + some expenses.  When the real charge comes through it washes out.  Also they only stay for a few days even if the real charge never comes. 

If it was a real charge then they are wrong and you should be upset though.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

Well as I said American Express confirmed it was a charge not a pre auth.  And I trust they know what they doing for their customers.

Unfortunately that isnt always the case. I worked in customer service for a major online retailer for over 5 years. And in that time I encountered many, many instances where a pre-authorization hold was put on a customer's debit/credit card for a purchase, and the customer's bank insisted that we had actually charged the card, when in fact we had not. For some reason, the pre-authorization holds always showed up as charges to the bank reps.

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450

They already said it's a mistake if it's happened to anyone and it isn't supposed to charge till after 30 days.  It really is unreal how willing and eager so many people are in game forums to go ape shit over ever little thing, most of the time without even knowing any details or whether something said is factual or not.  It's like a good lot of you just constantly want to be upset about something.  Good lord....

And I would be curious to know if the OP has even put a redeem code for having purchased the game to activate free 30 days at all before raging?  Or are you expecting your 5-day early access code to grant you 30 days?  Because it won't.

This discussion has been closed.