Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: A Look at the Game Via the Numbers

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bethesda has published a fascinating infographic to give players an idea of the sheer enormity of the game. In "Elder Scrolls Online By the Numbers", we are told that five million people registered for the beta, that someone offered their firstborn for a chance at beta participation, and that there are over ten thousand NPCs in the game, among other interesting tidbits. Click the image below to check out the full infographic.

Meanwhile, game servers are down in preparation for tonight's official launch. According to information we have received, servers should be up and running at or around 7:00 pm EST / 4:00 pm PST.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Seems like the fad started by WOW's recent 'via the numbers' is really catching up. First neverwinter and now ESO.  
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    If they are hyping beta registrations on launch day, then sales must have been terrible.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424

Didn't GW2 do it first? 

And while i don't mind these infographic, Zenimax, atleast WOW and GW2 released theirs to show how far the games had come, not to tells how many miles of cables they had. Seriously, their PR hasn't been doing their job right.

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401

Bragging about beta numbers after early access starts? Shouldn't they be bragging about pre-order sales?

I mean even Neverwinter had over 3 million beta registrations so this isn't exactly saying much.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    5 million = The amount of comparisons in the MMO genre in the next 10 years.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Oh hey look, the obligatory "show numbers to make it look better then it really is" marketing ploy! Must say, they really must be far more limited on numbers then they expected to throw beta numbers rather then say "Number of enemies slain" or other fancy/meaningless numbers to give marketting hype of its popularity... well that or they didn't have methods in place to keep track of that stuff. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • uggeh12uggeh12 Member UncommonPosts: 44

Where is the number of hours spent staring at the login screen waiting for the servers to come back up during early access?

or 

Number of players who were logged into someone else's account 

or 

Number of mobs that respawn instantly allowing progression to 50 in under 20 hours

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445

the game could be a raging success, and still you will decry the game. just goes to show yet again , how little your opinions really mean in the big picture of  industry.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by uggeh12

Where is the number of hours spent staring at the login screen waiting for the servers to come back up during early access?

or 

or 

Number of mobs that respawn instantly allowing progression to 50 in under 20 hours

Oh come on.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Amjoco

or 

or 

Oh come on.

You are aware that the more you defend the game the worse it looks, right? A game stands on its own in front of detractors.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AviorAvior Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Originally posted by killahh

the game could be a raging success, and still you will decry the game. just goes to show yet again , how little your opinions really mean in the big picture of  industry.

Goes the other way also. The game can be a giant steaming turd, and you'd call it a decadent chocolate roll with peanuts.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Originally posted by Dihoru

or 

or 

Oh come on.

You are aware that the more you defend the game the worse it looks, right? A game stands on its own in front of detractors.

I'm not so much defending the game, but trying to grasp why people never learn. If you have played any game releases in the past, and then purchase this games pre-release, then you should be aware there will be problems. It is inherent in every single release. So if you are dumb enough to pay for the pre-release, you certainly have no right to complain about it. 

Don't buy pre-release and you won't hurt your poor spoiled feelings.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Avior
    Originally posted by killahh

Goes the other way also. The game can be a giant steaming turd, and you'd call it a decadent chocolate roll with peanuts.

How about neither? AS no game is perfect and very few are truly god awful.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    I registered for Beta. Never stepped a virtual foot in the game though.
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

or 

or 

Oh come on.

I'm not so much defending the game, but trying to grasp why people never learn. If you have played any game releases in the past, and then purchase this games pre-release, then you should be aware there will be problems. It is inherent in every single release. So if you are dumb enough to pay for the pre-release, you certainly have no right to complain about it. 

If you say so. What i find interesting is that you spend a lot more time on forums instead of playing. If i wasn't re downloading the game again (thanks to crappy patcher) i would be in game right now rather than defending it.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    TESO was going to be good, but then it took a an arrow in the knee.
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

or 

or 

Oh come on.

If you say so. What i find interesting is that you spend a lot more time on forums instead of playing. If i wasn't re downloading the game again (thanks to crappy patcher) i would be in game right now rather than defending it.

Oh don't worry about me! I'm playing right now.  1day 6hrs. :) I defend all games I play by the way. But, the ones I dislike I just ignore. Seems like the sensible thing to do. It seems childish to try and discredit what others enjoy.

• G4NK3DG4NK3D Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    Oh hey look, the obligatory "show numbers to make it look better then it really is" marketing ploy! Must say, they really must be far more limited on numbers then they expected to throw beta numbers rather then say "Number of enemies slain" or other fancy/meaningless numbers to give marketting hype of its popularity... well that or they didn't have methods in place to keep track of that stuff. :)

Actually the Early Access has been packed and has already been a VERY successful launch compared to any other MMO i've seen in years and the hard copies of the game are already sold out before they even hit the shelves.

• BrixonBrixon Member UncommonPosts: 259

Well no matter what all the wizards of smarts say, only time will truly tell.

Seems like a non-WoW clone with 3 faction pvp, extensive character customization (not seen since SWG), in the Elder Scrolls Universe could find some success in the current MMO market place.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    I have no real opinion of the game.  But does any game want to be compared to a Big Mac?
  • reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by Robsolf
    I have no real opinion of the game.  But does any game want to be compared to a Big Mac?

Lol thanks man. I needed a laugh. :)