Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Servers Coming Down

124»

Comments

  • HorusraHorusra maryland, MDPosts: 2,577Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by rodarin
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by rodarin
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    The more pissed off people are about the game being down, shows just how good this game really is :D

    Nah people feel like theyre paying for it now, so they have spent 80 bux and want to get the most out of it before they actually have to pay a sub, which most wont do. So therefore they want as much for that 80 bucks as they can get. But really for an 80 dollar CE people should get at least 60 if not 90 days access anyway. Pretty sure every CE I bought came with 90 days.

    i'm pretty sure that whenever you say you're pretty sure about something you're just making it up.

    Nope, Rift 90 days for the CE, Lotro 90 days but I bought a lifetime pass so a moot point, Vanguard 90 days. AOC 60 days, I bought a regular version of Warhammer so no idea what they gave for a CE.

     

    Didnt buy Swotor. So those are basically all the AAA MMO releases the past 7-8 years. So all but one gave more than 30 days. I think Warhammer was 60 also. Swotor pretty sure was only 30 as well.  Someone who bought a CE of that one can comment.

    No idea what country you are in...Rift in the US was 30 days.

  • MeridiasBeaconMeridiasBeacon baltimore, MDPosts: 86Member
    finished the starter areas yesterday and was ready to roll with the "not so n00bs" today :(
  • CeldrynCeldryn Rock Hill, SCPosts: 84Member
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Mardy

    I think by now, with the internet pulling the whole world together, people know there really isn't a good time to do maintenance.  If they do maintenance during the day/afternoon US time, it interferes with Euro/South East Asia players.  If they do maintenance during the evening, it interferes with US primetime.  If they do maintenance during wee early hours, they interferer with oceanic players like from Australia & NZ.

     

    With the world working as one and people playing the game from all over the world, there really isn't a good time.  So while it sucks to have the servers down, just know that these downtime generally are longer when the game is new.  They eventually become nothing but 1 hour downtime here and there later on.  It is what it is folks.

    Good advice!

    Well said

  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel houston, TXPosts: 7,273Member Uncommon
    This thread is too pessimistic.  Change the title to "servers coming up" and maybe through the magic of positive thinking they'll turn them back on.

    "Loan me a Dragon I wanna see space"


    image

  • alterfenixalterfenix Bielsko-BialaPosts: 343Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by rodarin
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by rodarin
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    The more pissed off people are about the game being down, shows just how good this game really is :D

    Nah people feel like theyre paying for it now, so they have spent 80 bux and want to get the most out of it before they actually have to pay a sub, which most wont do. So therefore they want as much for that 80 bucks as they can get. But really for an 80 dollar CE people should get at least 60 if not 90 days access anyway. Pretty sure every CE I bought came with 90 days.

    i'm pretty sure that whenever you say you're pretty sure about something you're just making it up.

    Nope, Rift 90 days for the CE, Lotro 90 days but I bought a lifetime pass so a moot point, Vanguard 90 days. AOC 60 days, I bought a regular version of Warhammer so no idea what they gave for a CE.

     

    Didnt buy Swotor. So those are basically all the AAA MMO releases the past 7-8 years. So all but one gave more than 30 days. I think Warhammer was 60 also. Swotor pretty sure was only 30 as well.  Someone who bought a CE of that one can comment.

    I did buy Rift CE directly from Trion (preorder) and it was 100% only 30 days... Next, please.

  • AmjocoAmjoco Layton, UTPosts: 4,774Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Vobrias
    Originally posted by rodarin

    Just an excuse for them to bring down (reset) the server again. What are they going ot do for the 'official' launch. I suspect that 80-90% of anyone who is going to play this garbage has already bught it. Maybe even 95%. How many people do they realistically think will see all the shit that has happened with this game the past 4 months and thought... "yeah  I will buy it but not pre order it"? Not very many thats for sure. I also doubt they have copies flying off the shelves for a sub based PC MMO either. Might be different for consoles but not PC.

     

    I have actually been waiting for someone to claim that early access was an old build and the REAL release is the actual up to date build. But I dont think even the biggest fanboy believes that. But I suspect some hope its partially true in the back of their minds.

     

    The good news for some is that they can still get a refund for the next few hours. I have to suspect a lot of people have already done so, but once the 4th hits then youre stuck with it.

     

    despite all the rah rah threads it very apparent the game is the exact same product as it was in beta. Some guys not getting any of the rampant bugs (lying about it) while the vast majority are getting the bugs. I also suspect the guys who lie would claim they never had the server go down on them either if they thought they could get a way with it.

     

    The best one was the account breech, classic. Just another thing to add to the list of things this game has/had going against it.

    [mod edit]

    Well thousands would disagree with you! :) 

    Edit: besides, it is making you look silly agreeing with a guy that has an entire post of speculations and personal agendas against the game. Unless you are agreeing that speculations are truth.

    Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

  • trisoxtrisox Somewhere. Maybe.Posts: 44Member Uncommon

    I always wonder why people try to trashtalk a game they don't like. it's just a game, move on. i dislike a lot of games, but im not running to the forums telling everyone how bad it is, because everybody deserves to have his own opinion ;)

    Oh wait...im on mmorpg.com - totally forgot its a game on here, right? Some kind of Pen and Paper RPG? Can't imagine any other reason why they put so much effort into stuff like that.

  • AmjocoAmjoco Layton, UTPosts: 4,774Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by trisox

    I always wonder why people try to trashtalk a game they don't like. it's just a game, move on. i dislike a lot of games, but im not running to the forums telling everyone how bad it is, because everybody deserves to have his own opinion ;)

    Oh wait...im on mmorpg.com - totally forgot its a game on here, right? Some kind of Pen and Paper RPG? Can't imagine any other reason why they put so much effort into stuff like that.

    I have written almost the exact same thing you just did countless times. It is amazing what people write! I read one post here and the member wrote that he hated the game and hoped it would utterly fail!  I'm not sure what he thought he would get out of posting that.  Humans are odd sometimes I guess.

    Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

  • AmjocoAmjoco Layton, UTPosts: 4,774Member Uncommon
    For customers eligible for Early Access, please note that we have extended the access period until sunday, April 6th at 8am EDT / 12pm GMT.

    Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

  • alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 bucharestPosts: 250Member
    Originally posted by bgonzal
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    I'm in the US and it's wrecking my gaming time too.. but that's ok.  Because I understand rebooting and quick server maintenance for a launch.  If you don't want server maintenance to occur, I suggest going to a single player game and stop playing MMO's.

    I don't think people have an issue with maintenance.  It is a part of life with MMOs.  The issue is with the timing of it and what I consider poor planning.  Maintenance is typically done in the mornings and not later in the day, or in case of EU, during prime time.   People have payed for the game and they are also charging a subscription for it.  I can understand wanting to be more efficient, but it should not at the price of customer satisfaction.  

    I work during the day so it is not a deal breaker for me, but if I took time off from work to play during the launch I would be upset. There are almost always issues with launches though so I have learned that taking time off usually just leads to frustration so  no longer do it. 

     

    Yes this was the problem, it was done at the worst possible time, other companies try to do them during the night, at least the ones that are not an emergency like this one.

  • AlastirAlastir Lexington, KYPosts: 14Member Uncommon
    So , I buuy the game . Says i get 5 day early game play . Severs go down for 14 - 15 hours . Then they shut it down again for 4 hours , Then i have to download the game again . Another 4-6 hours .
  • AmjocoAmjoco Layton, UTPosts: 4,774Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Alastir
    So , I buuy the game . Says i get 5 day early game play . Severs go down for 14 - 15 hours . Then they shut it down again for 4 hours , Then i have to download the game again . Another 4-6 hours .

    Curious,why the heck would you download the game again? 

    Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

  • SenanSenan Tuscaloosa, ALPosts: 783Member Uncommon
    I'm a little confused here. If the EU servers are located here in the US... why are we separated? Genuine question.

    image
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Behind you, ORPosts: 1,520Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Seilan
    I'm a little confused here. If the EU servers are located here in the US... why are we separated? Genuine question.

    I wondered the same. At first they (people) said it was because they could service both easily and readily. BUT...then I wondered why they all weren't on one megaserver.

     

    I thought most MMOs separated servers (NA/EU) due to latency. So why have two mega servers?

    image
    "This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

124»
Sign In or Register to comment.