Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servers Coming Down

Comments

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ
    Originally posted by alexhpy98721
    So not only do they have the EU servers in the US, but they also close them in the EU prime time... fuck you ZENIMAX.

Yeah we have to get used to only people without a work can play this game.

If I remember correctly, you have been posting non-stop that you want a refund because you can't play the game....SO why are you Trolling here?

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    [mod edit]

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• PoachinatorPoachinator Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by rodarin

Just an excuse for them to bring down (reset) the server again. What are they going ot do for the 'official' launch. I suspect that 80-90% of anyone who is going to play this garbage has already bught it. Maybe even 95%. How many people do they realistically think will see all the shit that has happened with this game the past 4 months and thought... "yeah  I will buy it but not pre order it"? Not very many thats for sure. I also doubt they have copies flying off the shelves for a sub based PC MMO either. Might be different for consoles but not PC.

I have actually been waiting for someone to claim that early access was an old build and the REAL release is the actual up to date build. But I dont think even the biggest fanboy believes that. But I suspect some hope its partially true in the back of their minds.

The good news for some is that they can still get a refund for the next few hours. I have to suspect a lot of people have already done so, but once the 4th hits then youre stuck with it.

despite all the rah rah threads it very apparent the game is the exact same product as it was in beta. Some guys not getting any of the rampant bugs (lying about it) while the vast majority are getting the bugs. I also suspect the guys who lie would claim they never had the server go down on them either if they thought they could get a way with it.

The best one was the account breech, classic. Just another thing to add to the list of things this game has/had going against it.

[mod edit] The game is quite good and has been running well for 4 days now. Yes there was some down time, there always is but lets compare this to some other MMO releases here recently, its gone quite well indeed. I have run 4 characters up to 15-20. The bugs that were in the last beta are pretty much gone. One broke quest compared to about 20 that weekend for me. 

How many more people do you think will actually start new at launch? If any gamer was going to play this game they most likely have already started playing via either pre-order option. My guess is there won't be some gigantic swell that is going to make some major impact on the game overall. 

• Vada_GVada_G Member UncommonPosts: 85

Due to the issues with the phasing/quest mob spawns when there are a lot of players doing the quests,

I recommend that if you have early access, as soon as the servers come back up, you log on and push through until you are clear of the starter zones or you wait a few days until the initial rush of new players have cleared.

The spawning issues clear up right after a server reset/maintenance but start becoming a problem again after five or six hours.

If you're already in Cyrodill, you should be ok as Zenimax should have adapted to the higher population by the time they get to that level (or at least activated enough overflow servers to handle it).

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Poachinator

Just an excuse for them to bring down (reset) the server again. What are they going ot do for the 'official' launch. I suspect that 80-90% of anyone who is going to play this garbage has already bught it. Maybe even 95%. How many people do they realistically think will see all the shit that has happened with this game the past 4 months and thought... "yeah  I will buy it but not pre order it"? Not very many thats for sure. I also doubt they have copies flying off the shelves for a sub based PC MMO either. Might be different for consoles but not PC.

I have actually been waiting for someone to claim that early access was an old build and the REAL release is the actual up to date build. But I dont think even the biggest fanboy believes that. But I suspect some hope its partially true in the back of their minds.

The good news for some is that they can still get a refund for the next few hours. I have to suspect a lot of people have already done so, but once the 4th hits then youre stuck with it.

despite all the rah rah threads it very apparent the game is the exact same product as it was in beta. Some guys not getting any of the rampant bugs (lying about it) while the vast majority are getting the bugs. I also suspect the guys who lie would claim they never had the server go down on them either if they thought they could get a way with it.

The best one was the account breech, classic. Just another thing to add to the list of things this game has/had going against it.

[mod edit] The game is quite good and has been running well for 4 days now. Yes there was some down time, there always is but lets compare this to some other MMO releases here recently, its gone quite well indeed. I have run 4 characters up to 15-20. The bugs that were in the last beta are pretty much gone. One broke quest compared to about 20 that weekend for me. 

How many more people do you think will actually start new at launch? If any gamer was going to play this game they most likely have already started playing via either pre-order option. My guess is there won't be some gigantic swell that is going to make some major impact on the game overall. 

According to The Tamriel Foundation, they did a survey. It isn't official but gives an idea of sales.

Imperial Edition Physical 15%

Imperial Edition Digital 61%

Standard Edition Physical 3.5%

Standard Edition Digital 22.5%

So, you are somewhat right. There will be more folks but not as many as some might think on an official launch.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by Sternweather

Due to the issues with the phasing/quest mob spawns when there are a lot of players doing the quests,

I recommend that if you have early access, as soon as the servers come back up, you log on and push through until you are clear of the starter zones or you wait a few days until the initial rush of new players have cleared.

The spawning issues clear up right after a server reset/maintenance but start becoming a problem again after five or six hours.

If you're already in Cyrodill, you should be ok as Zenimax should have adapted to the higher population by the time they get to that level (or at least activated enough overflow servers to handle it).

I'm 98% positive that the boss spawn issue during quests is caused because people are rude, inconsiderate ass-clowns.

They run up to the NPC to finish the quest. Upon seeing another player there  who has just caused the mob to spawn they KS said mob.

The game has flagged your toon as having completed that step, but gets confused because you didn't interact with it by either

A) Killing it

or

B) Dying and needing to get it to respawn .

Just my personal theory from having this exact scenario happen MULTIPLE times, requiring me to relog to get the npc to respawn the mob.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Poachinator

What a pile of shit this post is. The game is quite good and has been running well for 4 days now. Yes there was some down time, there always is but lets compare this to some other MMO releases here recently, its gone quite well indeed. I have run 4 characters up to 15-20. The bugs that were in the last beta are pretty much gone. One broke quest compared to about 20 that weekend for me. 

According to The Tamriel Foundation, they did a survey. It isn't official but gives an idea of sales.

Imperial Edition Physical 15%

Imperial Edition Digital 61%

Standard Edition Physical 3.5%

Standard Edition Digital 22.5%

So, you are somewhat right. There will be more folks but not as many as some might think on an official launch.

IIRC, the number of sales of GW2 during the first week after launch was fairly large, which had not been predicted.   I know that a friend saw us playing ESO yesterday, and rushed out to buy it.  There will most likely be an envelope of purchases similar to that. 

The real test will come after 5 weeks.....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    The more pissed off people are about the game being down, shows just how good this game really is :D

Nah people feel like theyre paying for it now, so they have spent 80 bux and want to get the most out of it before they actually have to pay a sub, which most wont do. So therefore they want as much for that 80 bucks as they can get. But really for an 80 dollar CE people should get at least 60 if not 90 days access anyway. Pretty sure every CE I bought came with 90 days.

i'm pretty sure that whenever you say you're pretty sure about something you're just making it up.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247

I've only had to relog for two quests so far. I have no idea if this is the same build or a different build than in beta, if they had another prepared, etc. And I don't care. Frankly, I only care about my gaming experience - and when able to play it has been nearly flawless - and the community has been pretty helpful, turning back in dungeons to help others with groups of mobs, random teaming, etc.

That, and Zenimax just announced they're extending early access until Sunday before they have to transition to live. I would assume, but am not certain, this stops your 30-day timer from starting. So, good job all around. They've been listening to the community. I haven't always liked the result (backtracking to starter island, rather than putting you there and letting you skip it) but I do feel as though they're listening. Unfortunately, a vocal minority is louder than a silent majority - much like in politics. Listening too much can quickly derail things.

- Nellus

• RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327

If anyone bought this game and took time of work to play (like some co workers of mine). They really do need to think about whay they did that. I'll only understand if they have never touched an MMO before at launch

Thats why I'm off from the 11th for 10 days :)

• BahzBahz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Originally posted by alexhpy98721
    So not only do they have the EU servers in the US, but they also close them in the EU prime time... fuck you ZENIMAX.

+1

• bgonzalbgonzal Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    I'm in the US and it's wrecking my gaming time too.. but that's ok.  Because I understand rebooting and quick server maintenance for a launch.  If you don't want server maintenance to occur, I suggest going to a single player game and stop playing MMO's.

I don't think people have an issue with maintenance.  It is a part of life with MMOs.  The issue is with the timing of it and what I consider poor planning.  Maintenance is typically done in the mornings and not later in the day, or in case of EU, during prime time.   People have payed for the game and they are also charging a subscription for it.  I can understand wanting to be more efficient, but it should not at the price of customer satisfaction.  

I work during the day so it is not a deal breaker for me, but if I took time off from work to play during the launch I would be upset. There are almost always issues with launches though so I have learned that taking time off usually just leads to frustration so  no longer do it. 

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

I think by now, with the internet pulling the whole world together, people know there really isn't a good time to do maintenance.  If they do maintenance during the day/afternoon US time, it interferes with Euro/South East Asia players.  If they do maintenance during the evening, it interferes with US primetime.  If they do maintenance during wee early hours, they interferer with oceanic players like from Australia & NZ.

With the world working as one and people playing the game from all over the world, there really isn't a good time.  So while it sucks to have the servers down, just know that these downtime generally are longer when the game is new.  They eventually become nothing but 1 hour downtime here and there later on.  It is what it is folks.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by bgonzal
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    I'm in the US and it's wrecking my gaming time too.. but that's ok.  Because I understand rebooting and quick server maintenance for a launch.  If you don't want server maintenance to occur, I suggest going to a single player game and stop playing MMO's.

I don't think people have an issue with maintenance.  It is a part of life with MMOs.  The issue is with the timing of it and what I consider poor planning.  Maintenance is typically done in the mornings and not later in the day, or in case of EU, during prime time.   People have payed for the game and they are also charging a subscription for it.  I can understand wanting to be more efficient, but it should not at the price of customer satisfaction.  

I work during the day so it is not a deal breaker for me, but if I took time off from work to play during the launch I would be upset. There are almost always issues with launches though so I have learned that taking time off usually just leads to frustration so  no longer do it. 

Upset at who? I mean I could understand a reaction like "damn, I guess I should have just gone to work" /self aimed facepalm. But anything else? Not really. Maybe a "aww man, damn" guess I"ll do something else".

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• nytkinnytkin Member CommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by Taranx

If anyone bought this game and took time of work to play (like some co workers of mine). They really do need to think about whay they did that. I'll only understand if they have never touched an MMO before at launch

You know, I'm not upset about the downtime for server maintenance. 

I would just have liked to have some notice or announcement about it, instead of just a few minutes before they said, SURPRISE SERVERS COMING DOWN FOR HOURS!

A clear, timely announcement to the ESO community is a good business practice.

Unless this was an emergency, unplanned downtime, let's see a schedule or announcement about when these maintenance downtimes will happen so that we, the paying ESO community, can plan our lives (yes, we all have them) accordingly.

Several of us took today off to play.

Had we known the server would be down at least 3-4 hours today, we would have made different plans.

It's about respect.

Thanks!

Devil bunny needs a ham, and he's pretty sure knocking you off a building will get him one.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I'll give you that today's ...whatever...is at an odd hour but it is (supposedly) only 3/4 hours.

Yesterday though was a required fix. 'Big Badda Boom'

Sure it was a long time during 'day' hours but it had to be patched.

• GodOfForbiddenFruitsGodOfForbiddenFruits Member Posts: 52
    Urgh... I have never even played in early access. I only had 3 days, and I couldn't figure out my build, and when I thought multiple times to just go in and play and figure it out along, it was down. And now I could've gotten this for like $30 I know people selling codes, and I paid $42-$45~.... Wasted $12-$15. Can't really refund since I bought it from some retailer which doesn't refund by now.
    Originally posted by GodOfForbiddenFruits
    Urgh... I have never even played in early access. I only had 3 days, and I couldn't figure out my build, and when I thought multiple items to just go in and play and figure it out along, it was down. And now I could've gotten this for like $30 I know people selling codes, and I paid $42-$45~.... Wasted $12-$15. Can't really refund since I bought it from some retailer which doesn't refund by now.

I have about 24 hours play time and I know many with more. I'm not sure who you are trying to blame, ZOE or yourself.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Iselin
    The more pissed off people are about the game being down, shows just how good this game really is :D

Nah people feel like theyre paying for it now, so they have spent 80 bux and want to get the most out of it before they actually have to pay a sub, which most wont do. So therefore they want as much for that 80 bucks as they can get. But really for an 80 dollar CE people should get at least 60 if not 90 days access anyway. Pretty sure every CE I bought came with 90 days.

i'm pretty sure that whenever you say you're pretty sure about something you're just making it up.

You just made that up

• GodOfForbiddenFruitsGodOfForbiddenFruits Member Posts: 52
    Urgh... I have never even played in early access. I only had 3 days, and I couldn't figure out my build, and when I thought multiple items to just go in and play and figure it out along, it was down. And now I could've gotten this for like $30 I know people selling codes, and I paid $42-$45~.... Wasted $12-$15. Can't really refund since I bought it from some retailer which doesn't refund by now.

I have about 24 hours play time and I know many with more. I'm not sure who you are trying to blame, ZOE or yourself.

How about no one? Just because someone comments on a relevant thread, saying his issues, doesn't mean he blames someone. Especially why would I blame ESO when they got nothing to do with this? I could've played from the start, it's not their fault I had tons of stuff to do irl and couldn't figure out my build even though I was in 4 betas, or more precisely decided to change it last minute.

All I am saying is I am sad that I overpaid $12-$15 by my standards and didn't use it properly. Early access that  is.

Originally posted by Mardy

I think by now, with the internet pulling the whole world together, people know there really isn't a good time to do maintenance.  If they do maintenance during the day/afternoon US time, it interferes with Euro/South East Asia players.  If they do maintenance during the evening, it interferes with US primetime.  If they do maintenance during wee early hours, they interferer with oceanic players like from Australia & NZ.

With the world working as one and people playing the game from all over the world, there really isn't a good time.  So while it sucks to have the servers down, just know that these downtime generally are longer when the game is new.  They eventually become nothing but 1 hour downtime here and there later on.  It is what it is folks.

Good advice!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

You just made that up

I did :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by nytkin
    Originally posted by Taranx

You know, I'm not upset about the downtime for server maintenance. 

I would just have liked to have some notice or announcement about it, instead of just a few minutes before they said, SURPRISE SERVERS COMING DOWN FOR HOURS!

A clear, timely announcement to the ESO community is a good business practice.

Unless this was an emergency, unplanned downtime, let's see a schedule or announcement about when these maintenance downtimes will happen so that we, the paying ESO community, can plan our lives (yes, we all have them) accordingly.

Several of us took today off to play.

Had we known the server would be down at least 3-4 hours today, we would have made different plans.

It's about respect.

Thanks! 

Good point.

The tone of the message suggests that the downtime is for some "inevitable" issue.

If so it could have been announced in advance;  if not its actually just more downtime in the first few days.

(And I hope they are using online patching whenever possible.)

How about no one? Just because someone comments on a relevant thread, saying his issues, doesn't mean he blames someone. Especially why would I blame ESO when they got nothing to do with this? I could've played from the start, it's not their fault I had tons of stuff to do irl and couldn't figure out my build even though I was in 4 betas, or more precisely decided to change it last minute.

All I am saying is I am sad that I overpaid $12-$15 by my standards and didn't use it properly. Early access that  is.

Oh I am sorry. I just saw that you were upset about not being able to play. The discussion was about the Servers Coming Down, not folks getting the game cheaper. Sorry I misunderstood the entire problem. /bow

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

Nope, Rift 90 days for the CE, Lotro 90 days but I bought a lifetime pass so a moot point, Vanguard 90 days. AOC 60 days, I bought a regular version of Warhammer so no idea what they gave for a CE.

Didnt buy Swotor. So those are basically all the AAA MMO releases the past 7-8 years. So all but one gave more than 30 days. I think Warhammer was 60 also. Swotor pretty sure was only 30 as well.  Someone who bought a CE of that one can comment.