Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early access extended 2 days

LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450

Due to the downtime and to give people enough time to pick up their copy they have extended early access.  In essence, a couple extra free days before the 30 days kicks in.  Good decision.

http://imgur.com/rmCa0Ar

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Good idea to take a screenshot since they are taking the forums down.
  • kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

Just want to say and I might be wrong. But this does not mean your sub is extended by 2 days at the end. This means you have a 2 day buffer from your early access key to enter your retail key in case your order is slow in the mail etc.

This is how it is for most MMORPG's these days but might not be 100%.

SNIP

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    lol, awesome ... still not putting in my key until im confident the game is nice and stable. Feel for those who bought it directly.
  • venatsvenats Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22

Due to the downtime and to give people enough time to pick up their copy they have extended early access.  In essence, a couple extra free days before the 30 days kicks in.  Good decision.

They are not giving anyone more game time. They are giving players who's games or keys are being delivered late extra time to go live with their game. If you lost game time due to the servers being dead for 16+ hours, too bad.

This game has barely reached official launch and already has had more downtime than the original Guild Wars has had in eight years. How far modern games have come!

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by Kayo45
    lol, awesome ... still not putting in my key until im confident the game is nice and stable. Feel for those who bought it directly.

Really?!?  I have done over 100+ quests the last few days and ran into only TWO quests I could not complete.  The server being down for maintenance is normal as well,  so I have no clue how much more "Nice and stable" you are looking for /boggle

-Rig

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by venats

They are not giving anyone more game time. They are giving players who's games or keys are being delivered late extra time to go live with their game. If you lost game time due to the servers being dead for 16+ hours, too bad.

It says that it covers anyone in early access that purchased digitally more early access time.

Originally posted by Rigamortis

Really?!?  I have done over 100+ quests the last few days and ran into only TWO quests I could not complete.  The server being down for maintenance is normal as well,  so I have no clue how much more "Nice and stable" you are looking for /boggle

-Rig

Quests are bugged out as time goes by, to have done 100+ quests by now would mean you were ahead of the pack in general. Yes, you saw few bugs because you were part of the herd causing the bugs for subsequent players in the first place.

Originally posted by BeansnBread

It says that it covers anyone in early access that purchased digitally more early access time.

I misread then. :D

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

This game has barely reached official launch and already has had more downtime than the original Guild Wars has had in eight years. How far modern games have come!

Did you even read the message, It clearly says that it also gives people in early access more early access time lol. As in now you don't activate the game until Sunday which is 2 more days of early access.

p.s. Must have hit the post button as someone else pointed this out..... doy!

No signature, I don't have a pen

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    LOL you want to give me 2 extra days of head-start then I expect not to see a single non-preorder player in game until sunday night, otherwise it is all just marketing spin doctor lies.
  • orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493

-Rig

Quests are bugged out as time goes by, to have done 100+ quests by now would mean you were ahead of the pack in general. Yes, you saw few bugs because you were part of the herd causing the bugs for subsequent players in the first place.

????

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207

-Rig

Wha?? lol.....ahead of the pack?  I am only level 15 at this point.  As for the "herd" causing the bugs in the first place....nice try at a troll.  Let me give you some super secret fixes for bugged quests.  Log out and back in,  and you will be in a different "phase" which as fixed it 99% of the time.  Kkthxbye~

-Rig

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by psiic
    LOL you want to give me 2 extra days of head-start then I expect not to see a single non-preorder player in game until sunday night, otherwise it is all just marketing spin doctor lies.

It's 2 more days of game time. 30 + 2. There's no marketing spin.. they are giving 2 more days access that you don't have to pay for. Doesn't matter what they call it.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217

What a lovely stance to have. Just be happy that they're giving more time. It's still 2 days more. You'd rather they didn't give it?

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by Adokas

What a lovely stance to have. Just be happy that they're giving more time. It's still 2 days more. You'd rather they didn't give it?

Some people are never happy

No signature, I don't have a pen

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    ignore, I didn't read the link

-Rig

Wha?? lol.....ahead of the pack?  I am only level 15 at this point.  As for the "herd" causing the bugs in the first place....nice try at a troll.  Let me give you some super secret fixes for bugged quests.  Log out and back in,  and you will be in a different "phase" which as fixed it 99% of the time.  Kkthxbye~

-Rig

That's not a try at a troll. That's what happens, and telling me something I know about how to "fix" (or put to real words, circumvent) their terrible scripting, does not FIX the problem.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

-Rig

-Rig

I've done over 100 quests too. 50 xs 2 on 2 charact3ers around level 12. Ebonheart Pact Daggerfall. There are 4 quests that were buggy (really buggy not an icon in the wrong place or something). 2 of those have been 'generally' fixed after yesterdays patch. I feel good now. I must be ahead of the herd too....

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by mbd1968

Don't you mean "LAUNCH DELAYED BY TWO DAYS"...

Er. no.

Game is launching as planned. Two days free game time is what they should have said.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293

-Rig

/shrug Results may vary ... I ran into plenty of bugs which tell me the game isnt ready. Honestly I was surprised since I didnt have any problems when I played a beta weekend about a month or 2 ago. This time however I was running into them from the very beginning. Character creation bugs, which led to the missing Explorer's Pack bug, world transfer fails when leaving the starter area (killing my character about 80 times), and just yesterday I went batshit crazy looking for an invisible quest NPC before I noticed they were ALL invisible and restarted the client. And thats just the bigger more annoying ones off the top of my head. Not to mention the ones Ive been reading about.

I already bought the game so ill be playing it ... I just refuse to waste my "free" month being hassled by these bugs and all the resulting emergency maintenance sessions from it. Most of these problems are probably just a result of the heavy server load anyway. Game should be much more playable in a week or 2.

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

That's great news.  So far Zenimax has listened to the customers every time and treated them right every time.  This is what makes this a AAA game company compared to all the small start ups out there that are F2P or low quality big names, and justifies being a sub.

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

-Rig

/shrug Results may vary ... I ran into plenty of bugs which tell me the game isnt ready. Honestly I was surprised since I didnt have any problems when I played a beta weekend about a month or 2 ago. This time however I was running into them from the very beginning. Character creation bugs, which led to the missing Explorer's Pack bug, world transfer fails when leaving the starter area (killing my character about 80 times), and just yesterday I went batshit crazy looking for an invisible quest NPC before I noticed they were ALL invisible and restarted the client. And thats just the bigger more annoying ones off the top of my head. Not to mention the ones Ive been reading about.

I already bought the game so ill be playing it ... I just refuse to waste my "free" month being hassled by these bugs and all the resulting emergency maintenance sessions from it. Most of these problems are probably just a result of the heavy server load anyway. Game should be much more playable in a week or 2.

You could do what I'm doing, and start crafting first, and ignore quests for a good week until enough people are through the chains that will ease the bugs on them and lower your chance of getting bugs.

So far I'm level 6, and haven't done a single quest, and hit crafting hard.   Hell I went from 5-6 by just looting chests...   Having a lot of fun, but if your not, hit crafting hard and wait on questing till more people push through it.

Zenimax has already said it was the amount of people doing them that was bugging them.  Let them go through the bottle neck first, then go through after a week into it when less people are pushing through the doorway to get away from the fire in the theater.

• RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327

-Rig

This +1

I'll take Charity when needed, but not if unwarranted

• Yoda_CloneYoda_Clone Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Digna

-Rig

-Rig

I've done over 100 quests too. 50 xs 2 on 2 charact3ers around level 12. Ebonheart Pact Daggerfall. There are 4 quests that were buggy (really buggy not an icon in the wrong place or something). 2 of those have been 'generally' fixed after yesterdays patch. I feel good now. I must be ahead of the herd too....

Moooo....!

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

Great news and very generous to give the people 2 more days.

Thank you Zenimax!

Hodor!