Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Servers Down in Preparation for Launch Tonight

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

It looks like Early Access is over, folks.  Elder Scrolls Online's servers have gone down for one last bit of maintenance in preparation for the game's official launch on 4/4. However, the servers are scheduled to open back up later tonight at 7pm EDT.  

In the meantime, why not join the other bored players in our launch thread, or hang out here and chat about the game, donuts, or even the game and donuts? 

Don't worry, this will be there waiting for you still...

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

This is just poor. In EU we get shafted during prime time. So that's a third day in a row where the servers go down for maintenace during prime time.

Great "early access".

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Bummer because I was thinking I had all day to plaay I waited until about 12:30 to get on and only played for 30minutes.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Kudos for being smart enough to take down servers so they can prepare for launch in 9 hours lol.
  • TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
    This company is not clearly based in the US then I assume? because it is only  April 3rd here in the USA they so I guess in USA April 3rd is official launch not 4th .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Talrune
    This company is not clearly based in the US then I assume? because it is only  April 3rd here in the USA they so I guess in USA April 3rd is official launch not 4th .

Most companies launch games at midnight of the specified date. When Blizzard launched Diablo 3, it launched at midnight on the day in Europe and then it later launched at midnight on the day in the US. So basically you're getting it early :)

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931
    Originally posted by Righteous_Rock
    Kudos for being smart enough to take down servers so they can prepare for launch in 9 hours lol.

My thinking was.. ooh a full day to play.. Play about 1/2 BAM kicked till launch. Pops in mind a song.. another one bites the dust and anothers ones gone :(

• StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263
    So my three days early access was actually 2.5 days, not counting the downtime yesterday and the day before.
  • NamibiaSWANamibiaSWA Member Posts: 3

So people paid extra to get a beta version and test the game for them -slack!

OK you got some mediocre gifts for paying for early access too, but ppl paid the extra to get an early start. Instead we are plagued with bugs that were there already in beta and remained unfixed and then downtimes over and over with 5 mins prior warning.

We are told all the time that WOW had a worse launch (more than 10 years ago) and then people did not have to PAY to play beta!

Downtime in EU peak time? Well we have already been promised regular downtimes TWICE every week. And guess what, ALWAYS in the peak times of Australians, but they don't count I guess.

• LeiHngWeiLeiHngWei Member UncommonPosts: 67

Taking the servers down before they get taken down from being overloaded?

Pre-Error 37?

• Aliantha_AngelAliantha_Angel Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Thank God for downtime, when else would I get to sleep?
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by alicorn
    Thank God for downtime, when else would I get to sleep?

When do you normally sleep when a game is up 24/7? I'd recommend then.

• PlageronPlageron Member Posts: 109

wow they need to turn their fog off...that one screen shot is like super fog....doesn't look that for me.

So far since they started the 3 day head start the servers have been down more then up.

I am thinking they may want to rename this title to " The Elder Scrolls Offline" or maybe " The Elder Scrolls Servers Down for Maintenance"

Its weird how they didn't have these issues before the 3 day head start....and of course 3 day head start also brought the gold sellers and spammers.....interesting.

I think they need to crack down on the exploiters and spammers a bit....not like these people fool anyone....they installed a client on their machine so its not like they can hide their identity....server logs will show where they are coming from due to the client program....and show what their machine ID is...which you cannot change unless you use a differing motherboard and processor.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931
    Originally posted by NamibiaSWA

So people paid extra to get a beta version and test the game for them -slack!

OK you got some mediocre gifts for paying for early access too, but ppl paid the extra to get an early start. Instead we are plagued with bugs that were there already in beta and remained unfixed and then downtimes over and over with 5 mins prior warning.

We are told all the time that WOW had a worse launch (more than 10 years ago) and then people did not have to PAY to play beta!

Downtime in EU peak time? Well we have already been promised regular downtimes TWICE every week. And guess what, ALWAYS in the peak times of Australians, but they don't count I guess.

This was not is not a beta version. You will come what 5-7 pm be able to play without some 15-20 update.

Lol WOW.. man I remember still in beta being a dwarf priest running around giving everyone a shield. Then came launch not there could only shield me :(

• RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by Stellus
    So my three days early access was actually 2.5 days, not counting the downtime yesterday and the day before.

Quote for a ESO Admin on the forums...

We want all of you to know that everyone who was part of Early Access will be granted an extended grace period until Sunday at 8AM EDT/12PM (noon) GMT before being required to transition your account to live. This will cover those who purchased ESO from an online retailer and won't be getting your box shipped in time and also gives anyone in Early Access who purchased digitally more Early Access time.

• vixen2vixen2 Member Posts: 76
    People did not play extra for early access its just a perk for preordering game.
  • devlp1213devlp1213 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    OK let me break it down
    1. The sever noticed said about 4 hours of down time
    2. They extended the time you have to activate your game code till Sunday morning.

That means more free game time for the early access people cause you 30days don't start till you activate the code. So out that all together that's means we get back in before launch unlike what everyone here seems to believe and we get free game time given to us
  • RosenthorneRosenthorne Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Originally posted by devlp1213
    OK let me break it down
    1. The sever noticed said about 4 hours of down time
    2. They extended the time you have to activate your game code till Sunday morning.

That means more free game time for the early access people cause you 30days don't start till you activate the code. So out that all together that's means we get back in before launch unlike what everyone here seems to believe and we get free game time given to us

Thanks for the tip. I will make a note of not putting in my game code until Sunday :D

Had 5 hours of amazing game time yesterday...the weekend is coming...life is good!

• imaginaimagina Member Posts: 104

Server were down for early access, server are down for launch !

What a brillant idea !

I currently loved the swap account thing as it never, ever happened in any other mmo yet, and quests are still buggy when there are a lot of people around them, just like in beta, from many reports about the early access.

This is just looking worse and more buggy than Age of conan launch.

And it's hard to dethrone such a master of disaster.

I'm so glad i learnt my lesson from playing too much mmo and have a "basis" as quality standard for a game, smartened up and cancelled after playing the two first betas and actually realising easily, how bad it was.

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Yall are a bunch of crybabys....just relax and play the game. Noone ever played a game at launch before?
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by falc0n
    ....just relax and play the game. Noone ever played a game at launch before?

Looks at headline, looks at point in red.. image

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Elder Scrolls Offline, lol so glad I didn t buy this game.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Players always complain about servers down :) It's pretty normal to have servers down before launch day, major updates etc. Just relax.

As a stress reliever I am going to post here a post of player reacting to complaints about server going down from SWTOR forum posted long time ago, which was so hilarious I almost died from laughingl

Please do not take it personal image and enjoy it....

I don't care. I'm going to go read a book, cook a delicious dinner with fresh ingredients, then maybe go for a walk. It could be down for 2 days and here's how many f**** I'd give: _______. That many. For god's sake, it's a game. Go outside or spend time with your family you lard bodied things. If you can't muster the motivation to do that through the fog of your crippling depression, at least catch up on your Netflix instant queue.

Just once I wish a game company would call you people on your whiny, entitled crap and tell you where you can stick it. Most of you don't even know how this game works. It could be magic for all you know. Don't you understand what a miracle it is that it works at all? You have a screen that works as a window to another world that syncs up with people across the globe simultaneously and you're complaining that it's not perfect? You realize 100 years ago we'd all have been burnt at the stake as witches just for possessing knowledge of this technology? This is one of the most amazing things on the planet and you're upset that it's down for a little bit? Give me a break you spoiled, mouth breathing basement dwellers. Go do something on your cell phone that connects to invisible, wireless networks and lets you communicate with anyone in the world at a moment's notice AND it plays Angry Birds. Oh wait, you probably complain if that's down for more than a few minutes too don't you? You people are all insane.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• pappacubepappacube Member UncommonPosts: 99
    I just logged out at 10pm CST.  I never saw any down time.  I've been playing since around 6pm CST.  What did I miss?
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Comparing the company practices behind ESO and a game like Final Fantasy are indicative of how bad Zenimax is handling things.

ESO:

• Downtime on EU prime time? Check
    • Items redeemed for one character only? Check
    • Charged an extra month to play the one you purchased? Check
    I'm not going to get into the myriad of minor problems the game itself has. By themselves they are definitely not gamebreaking. However, they do add up into giving an impression of a product unpolished and unfit for launch.

I'm still enjoying the game for the atmosphere, but I'm reaching my annoyance threshold fast.

Overall, it's not a disaster of a launch. It is however one of the worst launches out of all the mmorpgs that launched recently.