Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Being in love with this game the 20 kill quest has pretty much killed all leveling in Cyrodiil!

13»

Comments

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Originally posted by kanechart

For people who don't know the nerf:

Revised the quest to kill 20 players in Cyrodiil to make it a daily quest, rather than repeatable.

It was a nice source of Alliance rewards but it was not really for the alliance but the exp you gained. This pretty much help people who liked to just pvp and leveling while in Cyrodiil very possible. Even the alliance rewards that you gained was coming in a fair speed so you can keep most of your gear updated.

Now don't get me wrong. I think this is pretty much the worst thing to do is have people level via Cyrodiil as this is a PvE game and should be experienced fully that way. But I also understand that PvPers are just PvPers and they like it and that is a 100% fine. I do want to support them and have their own thing. This pretty much kills that now..

Anyways I thought I make a post on what you guys think about this change.

Someone was telling he got from 10 to 35 in a couple of days doing that quest before the nerf.

Maybe they are smart and dont want people to be burned in just one month they want the pvprs to stay longer so they make their leveling harder.

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Moar61

I'm pretty sure it was just easily exploitable to get to the top of the leaderboards. My campaign got it's first Emperor last night (our side, Daggerfall), and we never seen this guy once while we battled, defended, sieged. He was just off camping or something. 

I on the other hand was at every single major attack, defense, scroll capture, etc. and ended up 5th in line for emperor (the other 4 also did the same as I). 

Don't know about your ap gains but then I recently checked it out how this quest worked before fixing it. Basically with no effort put into it approximately 5k ap in 10-15 minutes. That gives atleast 20k per hour and 200k in ten hours. Also during that I did crash like 3 times so cut few minutes for relog from 15 minutes, our group was not full and there were even less enemies. I can imagine that some smart guy could easily get 2-3 times more ap during some bigger action. Also you can just afk in camp (no need to be anywhere around keep or objective with other players). It was an exploitable I'd say the way it worked.

• ManasongManasong Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by kanechart
    I noticed a lot of Zenimax wants this comments. If they do please source it... If not don't say it. This whole thing I think was mainly to nerf the alliance points. The EXP was just something that also happen with it. Meaning it might actually be fixed later on.. But people keep claiming Zenimax vision and the next day their vision changes :P

The phrase "I think was mainly to nerf the alliance points" also counts as a "Zenimax wants this", if you think they will change something is because you think that "Zenimax wants the game like this". So unless you can source that Zenimax wants to fix EXP gains later, your argument is invalid, we are expressing our opinions on how we see "What Zenimax wants", we have no uncontestable proof except our own logic.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

They need to add more daily PvP quests.. more varied ones as well. Simple as that really. Capture this kind of thing... revive so many players... etc. The 20 kill quest was just free XP/AP. People could level and get points without even trying by zerging, it needed to be nerfed... it was almost an exploit.

Also, two friends playing on opposite factions could exploit it by meeting somewhere constantly and killing each other in turn.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Our guild is now camping public dungeons with 30 people in Cyrodill.
    You shall not pass !!!!!!

We mostly have 2 scouts close to give us a heads up if people enter the dungeon, then we sneak to the front untill we find them.

Had great battles and funny ganks so far, loving the way Zenimax setup the pve in Cyrodill :) !

• KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by gotha
    Originally posted by hulgar
    Im guessing here..but this change smell kill exchanges to me..group of player A and B exchangig kills between them and turning the quest to fast level to 50.

If they are who cares.  Its not destroying anyone elses game.  If they are gain resources which are effecting the economy nerf the reward,  no reason to get angry over people leveling up fast because they hate the content.

Did you say level fast because they hate the content?  I thought so.  What the F are they playing the game for?  I just don't get it.  I hate this game so bad until I need to try to find the cheapest way I can to level and get the agony over with..AHHH!!  Really?  Why make the CHOICE to play the game at all?

I am sure people was using this in a way Zeni didn't intend or they wouldn't have changed it.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    PVP leveling gimps them on skill points in the long run so let them level that way and come 50 we will dominate them so badly they will all ragequit.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by psiic
    PVP leveling gimps them on skill points in the long run so let them level that way and come 50 we will dominate them so badly they will all ragequit.

So true it's unreal. By level 20 I've got at least 15 skill points from skyshards, dungeons and quests.

After going through the veteran ranks.. a player who's done all the PvE will have well over 100 more skill points than someone who only did PvP. PvP levellers better get their build right from the start or it's going to hurt.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Do you know what did happen ?

Some players did exploit this quest, they organized groups from the 3 different factions and killed each other in a quiete area just for quest XP.

Exploits in form of repeatable quests are the reason why you see some lvl 50 players.

• hulgarhulgar Member Posts: 93
    What happends here is that, insthead of blaming, calling out by name etc etc all the peeps and guild that abused the system (and im sure most people know them by name) and reporting them for harming the game. Everyone went with the "as long as dont affect me, they can play the game as they see fit" mantra. And when devs reacted everyone go to their throats.
    Well..now you see that their way of playing the game affects you..so next time maybe you denounce them and report for hurting everyones game.
    Got to learn the hard way