Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: First Expansion Moves 2.7M Copies in Its First Week

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard has revealed some interesting statistics for Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, the first expansion to the original game. In the first week since release, RoS has sold over 2.7M copies on PC and Mac and Malthiel, the Archangel of Death, has been offed 1.5M times (and rising)

“With Reaper of Souls, we wanted to emphasize all the things that Diablo gamers have always loved about the series, from the dark gothic setting to the piles and piles of epic loot,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We’re excited to see that players are enjoying the changes we’ve made to the game, and we look forward to achieving our Paragon levels alongside everyone else in the weeks and months ahead.”

Read the full Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls press release on the Blizzard site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    They deserve it, game is much improved. Once the word gets out I'm sure it's going to sell even more.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Count me among the many that just can't get enough D3.

Always tweaking and playing with new builds, new drops changing playstyle and build choice, always pushing what I can handle solo and loving racing through bounties and rifts with a full party.

• fhnw1988fhnw1988 Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Always tweaking and playing with new builds, new drops changing playstyle and build choice, always pushing what I can handle solo and loving racing through bounties and rifts with a full party.

You just wrote something about build and variety, you sure talking about Diablo 3? Because jsut some builds work for endgame, highest difficulty.

• theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351
    By all that is holy! DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?!!!
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    ACT VI  !!!!  by end of 2014 please!
    Originally posted by fhnw1988

You just wrote something about build and variety, you sure talking about Diablo 3? Because jsut some builds work for endgame, highest difficulty.

um yeah- they purposely dotn want you to use cookie cutter builds- which is a great  news!- bad news for those sites with 'how to'. builds....lol

ive coonstanly change my builds successfuly! om tourment levels

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385
    How long did it take everyone to beat the new act? My guesse is 2-3 hours but impress me ;)
  • TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    New comer to D3 but have to say Blizzard earned my money. Glad I waited until 2.01 patch to start playing. Also glad they shutdown that abomination of an auction house.

Also enjoying hearthstone!!
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by falc0n
    How long did it take everyone to beat the new act? My guesse is 2-3 hours but impress me ;)

Took me ~5 hours to get to the final boss, exploring all corners of the maps, doing the companion quests and listening to all the chatter in town.  I was not too well geared for master difficulty but i got through it will maybe a dozen deaths mostly when chasing those damn treasure goblins.

But you dont play D3 once, you play again and run into different events and dungeons etc.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

While the improvements are nice, they are things that they owe the players of D3 before who had to deal with a rather weak (and very expensive compared to its stronger comepitors). I'm having fun though I can't help but feel the price for it was a lot higher then it should of been. They didn't add that much at all, just gameplay fixing up (again stuff that players SHOULD get for a game that needed it badly) its not exactly full of content for an expansion, and unlike an MMo that gets more as it goes, D3 isn't likely to have more added. $40 is a lot for an expansion that other games might just consider to be 1 or 2 DLCs patched together.

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
    2.7M people have stated its OK to sell us an unfinished game then charge $40 each to fix it.  Grease up folks we are going to see allot more "alpha" games releasing with "dlc" fixes rolling out for a fee. Bravo

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

I have spent more hours playing D3 than ESO..thats how much fun it is.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by Redcor
    2.7M people have stated its OK to sell us an unfinished game then charge $40 each to fix it.  Grease up folks we are going to see allot more "alpha" games releasing with "dlc" fixes rolling out for a fee. Bravo

Except for this is just ignorance. The game itself was polished as hell when it launched and it had no major issues other than the RMAH and the loot system that wasn't keeping players attention for long enough. If you consider this an "alpha" fix to make it launch ready then I want you to develop every single game I play from now on.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

No! It can't be true! Oh wait, those people who bought it are all Blizzard sheeple!! Quantity does not mean quality.

And so on and so forth....

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    These are good numbers. Now, they should fix the crusader and things will become even better. 

ull haveto excuse him.

he posted in the wrong thread...

<.<

• PegasusUKPegasusUK Member UncommonPosts: 50

While it is a huge improvement over previous it has become repetitive very fast (less than a week), the adventure mode gets boring after a few attempts. the game after all is all about loot and getting those legendaries, but what is there to do after that?

I think the Crusader is a great additon to the game and I enjoy playing and levelling him.

Should of gone for more Ultima Online mmo feel, shame vivendi are afraid of rocking the WoW boat.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by fhnw1988

Yeah, you've either been away from the game for awhile or haven't played the expansion much. Almost any sensible build can work, with the right gear.. and I've personally found a number of items that totally changed my build. Sure, there's cheat builds like the Monk's exploding palm.. but all that does is let an under geared Monk tackle difficulties they shouldn't be doing in their current gear.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by falc0n

CRank up the difficult to T6 and I bet all those people who managed the act in 2-3 hours won't be able to finish it in 2-3 months! Screw that, they probably won't manage it in 6 months :D

I think people who haven't played the expansion have no right to talk. If they only played D3 like 2 years ago or something, who are they to talk? I have seen so many people who trash the expansion basing on stuff which was Diablo 3 1.0.1

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Bought my two copies and my daughter and I are loving every minute of it. Not enough time I tell ya. One of my kids play FFXIV with me and the other RoS. Hard splitting my time accordingly. Either way great addition to the meta game and my suggestion for the next class: Valkyrie

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Everyone I know has already quit again, myself included. We could all squeeze out a few more 100k's of dps/toughness somewhere but thats it. I guess by console standards we got $40 worth. Curious that they removed all of the aspects of D2 that made it have longevity. Getting 3-4 legs an hour is just stupid. I'd much prefer getting 1 per day and being able to trade. 
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    I'm just waiting on the PS4 version.

You make me like charity

• DathanKnightDathanKnight Member Posts: 16
    I've tried counting how many we've killed...but I've lost track!
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Utinni
    Everyone I know has already quit again, myself included. We could all squeeze out a few more 100k's of dps/toughness somewhere but thats it. I guess by console standards we got $40 worth. Curious that they removed all of the aspects of D2 that made it have longevity. Getting 3-4 legs an hour is just stupid. I'd much prefer getting 1 per day and being able to trade. 

I'd love to see your character profile linked with the millions of Damage and 10s of millions of toughness required to even farm Torment 3-4!