Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what did you get out of the headstart?

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by Krky7

Guys, do you actually progress while your skills advance? For example, if you open a book, get your Heavy Armor to 7, will you see an actual rise in your experience bar? Would that mean that you can level up while getting your craft skills higher? Or do you just get experience finishing quests and killing things?

Oh, and to answer OP's question - got to level 7, finished all the quests in Khenarthi's Roost, had tons of fun.  

Level xp and crafting xp are separate.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I've played probably around 40 hours

Level 17, done some crafting and gathering, lots of dungeon runs for the funz.

Most importantly I explored every inch of Auridon, read a good number of in game books, and listened to the quest dialogue.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Yoda_Clone

A main and three alts, all four classes covered, all key crafting skills covered, all three alliances covered, and the knowledge -- with all due respect to the fanboys -- that this game still isn't ready for prime time.

I won't sub until a lot of issues are fixed: balance issues (melee builds suck relative to ranged builds), bugs, memory management issues, bugs, subpar questing / design of quests / organization of quests in all but the Daggerfall Covenant, bugs, duplicity of quests between alliances, bugs, performance issues, bugs, etc.

There are a lot of things I like about the game, but far too many shortcomings to warrant a subscription.  The game needed better testing (not testing by gaming guilds) and more time in development.

EDIT: Typo

I read all that.. and I really think to myself 'what is this guy comparing this to because it is, even in it's current state, more balanced and stable than 'most' long standing MMOs". I'm far from a fanboy but the only thing I've experienced in your list is a few quest bugs (the most glaring ones have already been fixed) and the dismount bug (which is now fixed). Seriously, sounds like you're just making a lot of that stuff up to me. I can't fathom performance issues, the game is rock solid, look elsewhere for what's causing your problems because it definitely isn't the game engine.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RLoyaltyRLoyalty Member UncommonPosts: 1

1day 19hours gameplay did constant grinding with a buddy (rings of mara ftw)

Level 33 Dragonknight Heavy armor 1h and shield (pure tank specc)

Level 20 Blacksmith

Level 10 Enchanting

I had some fun but tbh rushing to lvl 50 (VR1) is boring . I suggest people to take it slow and enjoy the quest, but im in a guild that rushes so we can do good in pvp and prepare for the raids whenever they get out.

• shassshass Member UncommonPosts: 107

Really enjoyed it to start. Found few bugs but then it all went pear shaped. Stuff went missing from inventory ( minor items but annoying) Plenty of bugged quests. Numerous crashes with the error reporting screen already waiting. Didn't like the idea of bringing servers down at peak time to patch and now I have to put up with wifey who works till late evening and was frozen out by patch and now cannot play because servers are down prior to launch. Early access was a bit of a scam.

Won't subscribe for awhile, but will try again when things improve.

• intiorizedintiorized Member UncommonPosts: 143

20 hours played, lvl 12. Dont know what to do with my skill points because i want to use them everywhere.

Love the game, I´m going to subscribe for 6 month longer if there is an option.

Bugs are sometimes annoying and kill the immersion, also that the servers in EU going down in Europe is a bit frustrating, but they have to do their jobs, and since they´re in US it has to be evening in  EU.

But all in all it´s the best MMO start i´ve been playing so far and it has the potential to be my next and last MMO home if there is nothing unusual happening.

So see you guys soon in Tamriel.

http://www.northlanders.rocks

1st German Crowfall Guild

• MrSaltyMrSalty Member UncommonPosts: 39

Level 39

50 Provisioning

20 Clothing 

19 Woodworking

18 Blacksmithing

2 days 19 hours played

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    A belly ache from all the popcorn.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217

Level 25 for me.

50 provisioning

11 blacksmithing

10 alchemy

Done quite a bit of PvP as well, but the Daggerfall Covenant isn't doing so good in my campaign!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    level 21 on my main, tried out a few of the classes to about levle 3 -5 and level 7 blacksmith.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • balinalthorbalinalthor Member Posts: 1

I played a High Elf Sorcerer (lvl 12) and am LOVIN IT! I really enjoy questing which is a first for MMOs. I spend my time exploring to find new areas and new quest lines. I havent focused to much on Provisioning but I have been stashing mats in the bank as I go. I happened to join a "Traders" guild that ended up with 500+ members (before launch) that makes selling/buying easy. This game really has surprised me in many areas, such as, how in depth the lore is, crafting, flexibility of characters, and simply how freaking fun it is. I did notice some bugs with questing and such but all is well seeing how the game wasnt even out yet... give it some slack. Im really looking forward to seeing what mods are made for this game. I am in no rush to hit cap for the first time ever because I am enjoying the game and all it has to offer. Overall I give this game a 9.5/10 but im sure gamespot will give it a 7  

@balinalthor ;

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Adokas

Level 25 for me.

50 provisioning

11 blacksmithing

10 alchemy

Done quite a bit of PvP as well, but the Daggerfall Covenant isn't doing so good in my campaign!

In my campaign it's "all" Aldmeri Dominion ruling the land. Which is my faction.

We practically own the entire map. Which is not a good thing.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

played 30 hours

almost got to level 14 

level 18 Provisioner

level 9 Blacksmith

And i had lots of fun...

^

I've leveled each class to level 6-9, and I still have no idea what I want to play. FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.

• Me? I mostly played Skyrim.   I made a couple charaters and got em out of the tutorial.

There is nothing special about headstart, its for people who don't realize they are just chasing the dragon.

http://beta.southparkstudios.com/clips/sz4yf5/randys-chasing-the-dragon

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

ALmost nothing. 5 hours of total gameplay. 

Tuesday - servers down for maintenance

Wednesday - server AGAIN down for maintenance

Today - no play time whatsoever as they decided to take the servers down for maintenance during PRIME TIME! So basically the servers will be down from 7 pm to 12 am GMT time. Great! 

I guess you can only play if you are unemployed and you play in the day. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

played 30 hours

almost got to level 14 

level 18 Provisioner

level 9 Blacksmith

And i had lots of fun...

Level 9 templar

sword and shield / restoration staff

tried all the crafting profession

Hooked and already missing having a house in game, I hope they add it soon.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    Originally posted by carpal
    Originally posted by Tamanous

Very little time to play but am level 9 and about to grind a ton of plants for alchemy next. Got to set up settings especially sound to maximize immersion. Got into a rhythm of play style I like. My NB caster is working out great with the knowledge I gained from beta.

Taking it slow and easy and enjoying the lore. Love the optional chat choices that are pure lore base. Seeking out non-quest npcs also sometimes provides some great information even though it may not proc a quest.

Be curious as to how you plan on farming plants.  You would have alot if you picked them up while questing.  What are you going to do, run all over the world again looking for plants?  have fun.

I simply look for them while questing or look for things to do while picking plants. Dark Anchors and the smaller ones pop up often, lore books need finding and of course side quests are discovered. I also enjoy the main story arc and sometimes simply progress that if not into wandering.

Basically it is simple to find many things to do no matter what your main goal for the play session is. Way back in Wow I'd sometimes just pick herbs but was easy with flying mounts. It was my way to chat with friends and still do something relaxing (like many did with fishing but fishing in every mmo I have played bored me to death and I refuse to do it). ESO is great with providing something different to be discovered just about everywhere. I often pop into public dungeons for fun even without have a quest. I might find a skyshard or lore books and interesting story bits on parchment laying about.

You stay sassy!

• Yoda_CloneYoda_Clone Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by Yoda_Clone

A main and three alts, all four classes covered, all key crafting skills covered, all three alliances covered, and the knowledge -- with all due respect to the fanboys -- that this game still isn't ready for prime time.

I won't sub until a lot of issues are fixed: balance issues (melee builds suck relative to ranged builds), bugs, memory management issues, bugs, subpar questing / design of quests / organization of quests in all but the Daggerfall Covenant, bugs, duplicity of quests between alliances, bugs, performance issues, bugs, etc.

There are a lot of things I like about the game, but far too many shortcomings to warrant a subscription.  The game needed better testing (not testing by gaming guilds) and more time in development.

I read all that.. and I really think to myself 'what is this guy comparing this to because it is, even in it's current state, more balanced and stable than 'most' long standing MMOs". I'm far from a fanboy but the only thing I've experienced in your list is a few quest bugs (the most glaring ones have already been fixed) and the dismount bug (which is now fixed). Seriously, sounds like you're just making a lot of that stuff up to me. I can't fathom performance issues, the game is rock solid, look elsewhere for what's causing your problems because it definitely isn't the game engine.

Given 40 years of experience in real time software development, most of it in simulation software... yeah, it is.

Speak not of what you do not know lest others who do know count you as just another fool.

• Terminus-EstTerminus-Est Member UncommonPosts: 352
    I got about 2.5 - 3 hours and made it to level 6. There was so much downtime you can hardly call it an early access.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by RLoyalty

1day 19hours gameplay did constant grinding with a buddy (rings of mara ftw)

Level 33 Dragonknight Heavy armor 1h and shield (pure tank specc)

Level 20 Blacksmith

Level 10 Enchanting

I had some fun but tbh rushing to lvl 50 (VR1) is boring . I suggest people to take it slow and enjoy the quest, but im in a guild that rushes so we can do good in pvp and prepare for the raids whenever they get out.

And when they find out how huge the difference between VR1 and VR10 is, they will wanna rush that too..

( but then welcome on the boards, great info sharing this with us inyour first post....and i do agreew ith you rushing things gets boring fast)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

30+ hours playtime not even sure anymore.

Main is level 13 Bow wielding nightblade. 24 Provisioning, all other crafts at like 8. 20-25 Skyshards taken care of so far.

3 Alts that I made to try out different builds/ classes a bit  ranging between levels 5-8.

Would be higher but spent a few hours dicking around in Cyrodiil having a blast ganking stragglers on the tail end of the massive zerg we were up against. So fun watching the 5 or so guys who break off from the force of 80+ rushing to gank 1 guy only to have a few of my own guys pop out of stealth and slaughter them with me.

The downtimes have sucked for me, but every moment it's been up that I've been able to play has been great so far. Almost blew the game off completely due to very low expectations, but decided to grab it a few hours before the 5 day early access started. Finished patching just in time for the servers to come up. Certainly money well spent in comparison to some of the other recent crapfests like D3, Darkfall: UW, and a few others.

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    I tell you what head start has gotten me...and addiction to TESO that's what!!! image
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

I will say that I'm having much more fun with the live game then I did in Beta.  I've learned a lot about the game,  and I find it to be somewhat challenging.  I've run into quite a few bugs, and I've spent evenings being frustrated with broken quests that I just had to move on and come back to.

Overall I'm enjoying it more then I thought I would..  its definitely a process to get where I want to go with my character, and its taken me up to level 17 before I actually felt powerful and balanced enough to really enjoy the combat,  but still.... enjoyable.

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

played 30 hours

almost got to level 14 

level 18 Provisioner

level 9 Blacksmith

And i had lots of fun...

Bottle of good Balmora wine:)

On a serious note: 2 x level 6 characters and one level 12 character.

And something around level 12 provisioning, 6 blacksmithing, 5 woodworking, 5 clothing and alchemy and enchanting not that far behind.

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

I am on a roll, got my 500 member guild store trading guild, over 1k styles, 79 gear types waiting to be researched, 25 traits researched so far...   Treasure Chest Stalker achievement!  All 10 race style motifs unlocked, over 15 motifs sold for 1k each...  Blacksmithing 6,  Combat level 6.   bank full of mats, ready to push me up to 12 blacksmithing just about.

+ No life anywhere in the foreseeable future!