Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servers Coming Down

DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

3-4 hours to get ready for the official launch.

sigh.

Comments

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    cool
  • alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264
    So not only do they have the EU servers in the US, but they also close them in the EU prime time... fuck you ZENIMAX.
  • andreawalesandreawales Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Xarko
    cool

Not cool  ....  I was just about to ding level 8 ... sob

but seriously , really really enjoying this game ! :)

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by alexhpy98721
    So not only do they have the EU servers in the US, but they also close them in the EU prime time... fuck you ZENIMAX.

Yeah we have to get used to only people without a work can play this game.

Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Yes they were down yesterday too, a bit later than today but still in the EU prime time... some early access this was.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

They have already said the EU server is in the US so they can do the work at the same time for efficiency to make sure things get up and running before moving seamlessly to EU.

That is the side affect of the decision. You complain about something that has been known for some time now.

You stay sassy!

Originally posted by Tamanous

They have already said the EU server is in the US so they can do the work at the same time for efficiency to make sure things get up and running before moving seamlessly to EU.

That is the side affect of the decision. You complain about something that has been known for some time now.

They have said a lot of things, not everything was true. Also, the fact that they don`t care about their EU customers will cost them when people start dropping the game. 

As you might expect as soon as they announced they are taking the servers down in the middle of the EU prime time the general chat was a mirror of what people felt: that they don`t give a fuck about their EU customers....

You don`t need to be a marketing wizard to see how this will hurt the game.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I'm in the US and it's wrecking my gaming time too.. but that's ok.  Because I understand rebooting and quick server maintenance for a launch.  If you don't want server maintenance to occur, I suggest going to a single player game and stop playing MMO's.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

Just an excuse for them to bring down (reset) the server again. What are they going ot do for the 'official' launch. I suspect that 80-90% of anyone who is going to play this garbage has already bught it. Maybe even 95%. How many people do they realistically think will see all the shit that has happened with this game the past 4 months and thought... "yeah  I will buy it but not pre order it"? Not very many thats for sure. I also doubt they have copies flying off the shelves for a sub based PC MMO either. Might be different for consoles but not PC.

I have actually been waiting for someone to claim that early access was an old build and the REAL release is the actual up to date build. But I dont think even the biggest fanboy believes that. But I suspect some hope its partially true in the back of their minds.

The good news for some is that they can still get a refund for the next few hours. I have to suspect a lot of people have already done so, but once the 4th hits then youre stuck with it.

despite all the rah rah threads it very apparent the game is the exact same product as it was in beta. Some guys not getting any of the rampant bugs (lying about it) while the vast majority are getting the bugs. I also suspect the guys who lie would claim they never had the server go down on them either if they thought they could get a way with it.

The best one was the account breech, classic. Just another thing to add to the list of things this game has/had going against it.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    The more pissed off people are about the game being down, shows just how good this game really is :D
  • alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    I'm in the US and it's wrecking my gaming time too.. but that's ok.  Because I understand rebooting and quick server maintenance for a launch.  If you don't want server maintenance to occur, I suggest going to a single player game and stop playing MMO's.

This really. Also I have to say that this happens pretty much with every launch and headstart (also with people complaining too much about imaginary things).

Originally posted by Gravarg
    The more pissed off people are about the game being down, shows just how good this game really is :D

Nah people feel like theyre paying for it now, so they have spent 80 bux and want to get the most out of it before they actually have to pay a sub, which most wont do. So therefore they want as much for that 80 bucks as they can get. But really for an 80 dollar CE people should get at least 60 if not 90 days access anyway. Pretty sure every CE I bought came with 90 days.

• Species5021Species5021 Member Posts: 44

Man did i choose a wrong time to start playing, i bought it last night had to let it download and work today. Got home, made dinner. Started playing for exactly 15 minutes just now and then the servers are coming down.

*Giant sigh

Not to mention when i get back from work tomorrow the launch will arrive and i'll have to share my starting areas with the Zerg.

>.>

Major Suckage 07

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Gravarg

Sounds legit.

• Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244

Yes they were down yesterday too, a bit later than today but still in the EU prime time... some early access this was.

Spot on.

Early access my arse. Should of just been called final beta or something because the amount of downtime its had is a joke the amount of bugs still in the game is unbelievable not to mention major account issues.

• venatsvenats Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by rodarin

Just an excuse for them to bring down (reset) the server again. What are they going ot do for the 'official' launch. I suspect that 80-90% of anyone who is going to play this garbage has already bught it. Maybe even 95%. How many people do they realistically think will see all the shit that has happened with this game the past 4 months and thought... "yeah  I will buy it but not pre order it"? Not very many thats for sure. I also doubt they have copies flying off the shelves for a sub based PC MMO either. Might be different for consoles but not PC.

I have actually been waiting for someone to claim that early access was an old build and the REAL release is the actual up to date build. But I dont think even the biggest fanboy believes that. But I suspect some hope its partially true in the back of their minds.

The good news for some is that they can still get a refund for the next few hours. I have to suspect a lot of people have already done so, but once the 4th hits then youre stuck with it.

despite all the rah rah threads it very apparent the game is the exact same product as it was in beta. Some guys not getting any of the rampant bugs (lying about it) while the vast majority are getting the bugs. I also suspect the guys who lie would claim they never had the server go down on them either if they thought they could get a way with it.

The best one was the account breech, classic. Just another thing to add to the list of things this game has/had going against it.

I doubt anyone is lying, its more that those who got into the game early and managed to move through the phasing first avoided all the bugs that eventually crop up over time. I spent the first day tweaking my character and working on the crafting. By the time I got to adventuring I had to relog for just about every other quest and could not see a single working dark anchor.

Its been five days and I still haven't seen a working dark anchor. I even ran to one the moment it spawned and made that machine-noise, and it just sat there.

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289
    I am so sad! :( I was in explore mode. JUST ONE MORE HILL. 
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by rodarin
    Pretty sure every CE I bought came with 90 days.

Which MMO did you buy that it's CE came with 90 days game time may I ask?  These are ALL collector's editions...

Rift  - 30 days

STO - 30 days

WoW - 30 days

TSW - No Collector's Edition - 30 days

TOR - 30 days

EQ2 - 30 days

Eve the second decade - 60 days

The only one I could find with more than 30 days was a game that had been out for 10 years offering something more than 30 days of purchase.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Look I understand that you want to play, yet are we going to have to reads this post every-time they bring servers down? (dumb question i know)...

I just don't understand why people don't take this type of thing to the Oboards, It has no real value here. We can't do a thing about it.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

If it makes you happy: EVERY early access is like this, hope you enjoyed it .:)

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Distopia

Look I understand that you want to play, yet are we going to have to reads this post every-time they bring servers down? (dumb question i know)...

I just don't understand why people don't take this type of thing to the Oboards, It has not real value here. We can't do a thing about it.

You probably will and it won't always be from the same person. They don't have their EU datacenter in the EU. The EU players will suffer down times that are right in the middle of heavy load play times until it is moved and maintenance is done at more reasonable hours. So various people that are part of this forum are going to be upset about it and voice their opinion about it.

You can't do anything about them fixing bugs either. Do you think it's not ok for people to post about major bugs on this site as well?

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

I just don't understand why people don't take this type of thing to the Oboards, It has no real value here. We can't do a thing about it.

The moaners and groaners get more ppl to agree with them here. Makes them feel better

:P

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Originally posted by Tamanous

Having a shitty reason to do something doesn't actually justify their decision. Making things easier for them to patch doesn't make up for having the servers a continent away, nor does it make up for the awkward timing of their maintenance.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

I just don't understand why people don't take this type of thing to the Oboards, It has not real value here. We can't do a thing about it.

You probably will and it won't always be from the same person. They don't have their EU datacenter in the EU. The EU players will suffer down times that are right in the middle of heavy load play times until it is moved and maintenance is done at more reasonable hours. So various people that are part of this forum are going to be upset about it and voice their opinion about it.

You can't do anything about them fixing bugs either. Do you think it's not ok for people to post about major bugs on this site as well?

Posting about major bugs is not the same thing as posting about something we already know every time it happens. I'm sure you know that, well I'd hope you know that...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by venats

I doubt anyone is lying, its more that those who got into the game early and managed to move through the phasing first avoided all the bugs that eventually crop up over time. I spent the first day tweaking my character and working on the crafting. By the time I got to adventuring I had to relog for just about every other quest and could not see a single working dark anchor.

Its been five days and I still haven't seen a working dark anchor. I even ran to one the moment it spawned and made that machine-noise, and it just sat there.

Yes that is a legit reason. But some people claim to have never ever had a single solitary issue with ESO in beta or now in early access, THOSE are the ones I was referring to as lying.  Because it is impossible to have put any time into this game at all and not seen more than a handful of issues. Of varying degrees to be sure.

That is another thing, sure "a lot' of other games have release with bugs. But there have really only been a handful of true AAA MMO releases the past 10 years. So the comparisons should stop there. And the bugs have to be taken in context. If theyre nearly or truly gamebreaking they go beyond the typical bugs people like to talk about with other games. This game has so many issues people dont even know where to start.

Like I said in a PvP focused game there are ZERO posts about PvP being imbalanced that tells yu the game has much deeper issues.