Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rollback

Comments

• crasset15crasset15 Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by sgel
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Atleast neverwinter went back 7 hours, where here were going back 2 days. What a waste of my time. Can nobody launch a game without bugs?

In 15 years I have never played, even once, a game that launched without bugs. 

Agreed.... but some are worse than others.

Logging into someone elses account however is up there with the worse bugs I've ever heard.

I agree.This bug takes the cake. Never played a MMO with such a serious security breach on 3rd day of release.

This game releases tomorrow.  Anything you have experienced so far is early access, which is basically a paid stress test before release, and anything you experienced is completely your own fault for not waiting for the proper release.

• CeldrynCeldryn Member Posts: 84

What exactly happened in the "log into someone else's account" issue? Was this a password security breach issue or a profile mix up with what ever profile manager they are using? Big difference in levels of security breach there. One obviously is very serious (password) the other would be some sort of back end issue which relays very little back to the user normally. Specially in the game client.

I apologize if I'm getting this wrong. I'm only familiar with how AD  manages profiles/OUs in a domain.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Joejc7135
     Boy it's too bad zenimax refused to have an open to all and extended beta and maybe these issues would have cropped up during that. Instead they use beta codes as promotional giveaways and charge pre-order sales for beta invites. Money over quality is the name of the game with Zenimax and it shows. You can fool yourself if you like, but what I said is the truth.

Personally I agree they should have had an open beta, by most reports it looks bad. That's where my agreement here ends, there's no "fanboing" in what I see going on here, what I see is people correcting statements made, or offering their own view of what's going on.

The fact is there are people who sensationalize issues or points, and there are people who try and bring things into perspective. That's 90% of what people call fanboing and hating. Both sides of the debate fall into one side or the other depending on the given subject. Those who like a game sensationalize the good, those who dislike a game sensationalize the bad so on and so forth, there are some who basically stick to the center on most things. Outside of these three groups stands the troll. Best way to spot one? They come in ranting about fanbois, haters and bootlickers.

+1

Anyone using the words Fanboy or Hater is immediately discounted and their opinion null and void. I'm sure this applies for more people that just myself as well.

Certainly applies for me:)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Originally posted by Hrotha

#Greenshade

Lovely isn't it?

Isn't it lovely that people can look at your post history and see your true agenda here.  

1   You had no intention of paying to play this game past the first free month.

2   You claim Wildstar to be the second coming of Christ.

3   3 days ago you claimed that you got your money back from Green Man Gaming on your pre order.

Oh how lovely it is, these kind of posts are just complete and utter nonsense, just please move on.

OMG I am Ancient!
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by crasset15
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Atleast neverwinter went back 7 hours, where here were going back 2 days. What a waste of my time. Can nobody launch a game without bugs?

In 15 years I have never played, even once, a game that launched without bugs. 

Agreed.... but some are worse than others.

Logging into someone elses account however is up there with the worse bugs I've ever heard.

I agree.This bug takes the cake. Never played a MMO with such a serious security breach on 3rd day of release.

This game releases tomorrow.  Anything you have experienced so far is early access, which is basically a paid stress test before release, and anything you experienced is completely your own fault for not waiting for the proper release.

Not sure if serious or trolling.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

lol

Originally posted by Celdryn

What exactly happened in the "log into someone else's account" issue? Was this a password security breach issue or a profile mix up with what ever profile manager they are using? Big difference in levels of security breach there. One obviously is very serious (password) the other would be some sort of back end issue which relays very little back to the user normally. Specially in the game client.

I apologize if I'm getting this wrong. I'm only familiar with how AD  manages profiles/OUs in a domain.

I just know what I read, which was you were logged into another persons toon with full access to inv/chat/etc... Yet not Passwords account info etc..

• Joejc7135Joejc7135 Member UncommonPosts: 214

lol yeah im a troll because people saying crap like "Zenimax is doing their best!" or "What do you expect them to do!" aren't fanboying...Sorry but the fact is Zenimax COULD HAVE done better and chose not to. What they did choose was to rely on those apologists to buy it anyway and convince themselves that zenimax "Did their best."

And im not hating, im not talking about the game itself or it's content. Im talking about the way the game is managed. The decisions that where made regarding beta testing where awful and shouldn't be sugar coated. I don't expect it to change though as mmo gamers have zero willpower. Stop throwing your money at NDA locked betas for sale and things might change.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

A++ for effort :)

..Cake..

I just know what I read, which was you were logged into another persons toon with full access to inv/chat/etc... Yet not Passwords account info etc..

Interesting haha (Easy for me to say, this didn't happen to me) On the bright side, if that was what was happening then it wasn't a major account security issue then.

Again, just from my knowledge.  I'm not walking around with a CCSP and I'm not a software developer haha

Originally posted by Joejc7135

lol yeah im a troll because people saying crap like "Zenimax is doing their best!" or "What do you expect them to do!" aren't fanboying...Sorry but the fact is Zenimax COULD HAVE done better and chose not to. What they did choose was to rely on those apologists to buy it anyway and convince themselves that zenimax "Did their best."

And im not hating, im not talking about the game itself or it's content. Im talking about the way the game is managed. The decisions that where made regarding beta testing where awful and shouldn't be sugar coated. I don't expect it to change though as mmo gamers have zero willpower. Stop throwing your money at NDA locked betas for sale and things might change.

NO one said you are hating on the game, yet again you're ranting about fanbois, can't you accept people have a completely different outlook on things? What you're doing is attacking the poster(s) not the post.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by Horusra
    Lauching games with bugs....yeah skyrim had how many patches to fix....modders had to fix some....how many patches for most computer games? Software is not like a car...they are always works in progress. Always being improved and fixed. Some bugs can not be seen time X happens and that might not happen for years.

Doesn't matter whether it is a car or some software - there is no fundamental difference. And the car could be the harder to test. The design process is the same for both - different tools, different techniques for sure but fundamentally the same. Example: 

Sorry the plane crashed but:

• the air traffic control software is new and still has a few bugs in
    • or the lithium battery caught fire - its new technology.
    And - needless to say - a lot of testing goes into ensuring that there are no crashes.

Yes problems happen - from many companies.  And if the issue is "trivial" we should put it in perspective, stay calm and chill. We mustn't excuse it though - that is the wrong answer. Only by making ones irritation clear will companies get the message that bugs are not acceptable; they might be forgiven but are not acceptable..

Old story - from my mental archives - back when the USSR had broken up and economic advisors were trying to change things.  Question to Russian "class" : what do you do if you buy a radio and it turns out to be defective / broken. Their answer: sell it on as quickly as possible.  The concept of returning it was alien.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Originally posted by Azmodeus

#Greenshade Lovely isn't it?

Isn't it lovely that people can look at your post history and see your true agenda here.  

3   3 days ago you claimed that you got your money back from Green Man Gaming on your pre order.

Oh how lovely it is, these kind of posts are just complete and utter nonsense, just please move on.

obviously trolled - I have to admit though - job well done - it's great entertainment for those of us who hate this game and want it to fail hard. It's already making history with the lack of security. It's all going to be over in a few weeks but in the meantime for you eso haters this is your time to sit back and laugh and the nice thing is you can log into other people's accounts even without a valid key.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

A++ for effort :)

Fail to see your point.  Early access was free for pre-orders.  Till the 30 days free starts the game is not yours, in the sense any mmo is yours.  During this time if they wanted to delete everyones characters they could.  You are not yet invested as far as the company is concerned.  Same with any game with a free early access.  I did not pay more for the game someone on friday will pay.

Interesting haha (Easy for me to say, this didn't happen to me) On the bright side, if that was what was happening then it wasn't a major account security issue then.

Again, just from my knowledge.  I'm not walking around with a CCSP and I'm not a software developer haha

Yeah very unique bug, what else can you expect from a franchise where the dragons fly in reverse and corpses fly? LOL

I'd agree it's not really an account issue, yet it definitely is an in game character issue. There are plenty of ways that could have a nasty effect on a player. Most notably loss of items and gold.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by mbd1968
    Wrong response, companies should not be launching games with bugs. I don't buy a new car and expect it to constantly break down over the first month with the manufacturers saying 'oh, we are just fixing a few bugs'. Game developers and producers need to stop using customers who have bought the game as beta testers, this should all be done before launch.

No bugs at launch. That's a good one.

Originally posted by Righteous_Rock

#Greenshade

Lovely isn't it?

obviously trolled - I have to admit though - job well done - it's great entertainment for those of us who hate this game and want it to fail hard. It's already making history with the lack of security. It's all going to be over in a few weeks but in the meantime for you eso haters this is your time to sit back and laugh and the nice thing is you can log into other people's accounts even without a valid key.

Why would you "hate a game and want it to fail hard"?

Originally posted by gervaise1
    Lauching games with bugs....yeah skyrim had how many patches to fix....modders had to fix some....how many patches for most computer games? Software is not like a car...they are always works in progress. Always being improved and fixed. Some bugs can not be seen time X happens and that might not happen for years.

Doesn't matter whether it is a car or some software - there is no fundamental difference. And the car could be the harder to test. The design process is the same for both - different tools, different techniques for sure but fundamentally the same. Example: 

Sorry the plane crashed but:

• the air traffic control software is new and still has a few bugs in
    • or the lithium battery caught fire - its new technology.
    And - needless to say - a lot of testing goes into ensuring that there are no crashes.

Yes problems happen - from many companies.  And if the issue is "trivial" we should put it in perspective, stay calm and chill. We mustn't excuse it though - that is the wrong answer. Only by making ones irritation clear will companies get the message that bugs are not acceptable; they might be forgiven but are not acceptable..

Old story - from my mental archives - back when the USSR had broken up and economic advisors were trying to change things.  Question to Russian "class" : what do you do if you buy a radio and it turns out to be defective / broken. Their answer: sell it on as quickly as possible.  The concept of returning it was alien.

Having a relative that is a traffic controller...their software is buggy and does crash...because of that they have human backups to keep it going.  One of the reasons the stress is so high.  They have the computer working, human checking computer, and humans ready to semi-seemlessly take over when the computer burps.

#Greenshade

Lovely isn't it?

Cause they are sad angry people that can not seem to develop a market base to support a AAA developer to make a game to their standards.

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268

#Greenshade

Lovely isn't it?

That is what a fanboi does.  Special little snowflakes that want the attention on their own "special" game.

OMG I am Ancient!
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

#Greenshade

Lovely isn't it?

That is what a fanboi does.  Special little snowflakes that want the attention on their own "special" game.

What? You make no sense. If they wanted attention they would go to another forum and gain it there. When you like a game and defend it in that forum, you are just defending a game. When you go out of your way to bother people in their forum then YOU are trying to get attention.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Yeah very unique bug, what else can you expect from a franchise where the dragons fly in reverse and corpses fly? LOL

I'd agree it's not really an account issue, yet it definitely is an in game character issue. There are plenty of ways that could have a nasty effect on a player. Most notably loss of items and gold.

I totally agree  but those issues can be fixed by GM very easy. Account info leads to email addresses, passwords, bank account info potentially if the would be hackzor got to trying out the big popular banks. Much larger real life issues. I would be pissed if my  character's stuff was stolen but in reality that is minor compared to password breaches and such.

Sucks totally for those that had the issue for sure but  I disagree with some of the folks on this thread about the epic security fail comments.

• uidLuc1duidLuc1d Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Here I am not experiencing any of the bugs.  Then again I spend most of my day at the office and play for an hour or two at night.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234

#Greenshade Lovely isn't it?

Cause they are sad angry people that can not seem to develop a market base to support a AAA developer to make a game to their standards.

AAA gets held to a higher standard. We only get a handful of AAA titles - that's a small handful of chances we are getting something special, when it falls short, you can bet there are going to be some disappointed people that are going to express their opinions and wish failure so the next developer catches the drift. Otherwise we will just get more broken crappy games like eso, then there is the greedy agressive business model they have, thats an EA driven force though and everyone already knows about them.

#Greenshade

Lovely isn't it?

AAA gets held to a higher standard. We only get a handful of AAA titles - that's a small handful of chances we are getting something special, when it falls short, you can bet there are going to be some disappointed people that are going to express their opinions and wish failure so the next developer catches the drift. Otherwise we will just get more broken crappy games like eso, then there is the greedy agressive business model they have, thats an EA driven force though and everyone already knows about them.

Greedy business model....well I am out.  That is my buzz word that you should be at protest somewhere living in a tent.