Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "great" Eve community

Comments

• thefounderthefounder Member Posts: 19

People are dumb.

People are a Flock - of sheep. They believe. They have Faith - in Lies.

Sheeple.

Sheeple are bred for slaughter and manipulation.

Dont be dumb. Is it too late? It happened already.

Thanks for being you.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by Teala
    This was a witch hunt started by Ripard Teg(a member and co-chair of EVE's  CSM), because he has an issue with the player and character of Erotica 1.  Plan and simple.   And those of you that participated in it - pat yourselves on the back...congratulations...you have shown that you can still be duped as easily as ever.   

Did you listen to the recording? Are you telling me it was staged? If not then this "witch-hunt" is warranted and justified. People like that are garbage and belong behind bars or at the very least, banned from using a computer.

I listened to the recording multiple times.   I heard them do nothing that warrants this to be construed as torture or some kind of heinous crime.   If asking someone to sing a couple of songs and recite a few lines from a make believe charter is harsh treatment to you...I have to wonder about what your ulterior motives are regarding this. I heard two consenting adults playing a game.   One guy got upset.  People do that when they realize they have been scammed and are not getting their money back.  People do that when playing chess even.  Or playing cards.   Yes, even people playing video games that can't handle losing get upset.   That is what I heard.  I heard no torture - as Ripard Teg described it as being...and some of you others.   That was not torture at all.   So stop making it out as such.   

I did however hear the guy being scammed break all kinds of rules regarding EVE's EULA.   

And if you must get upset...put the blame right where it belongs...not on Erotica, not on Sohkar, not on any scammer, ganker or awoxer.   Put it on CCP.   They nurtured this atmosphere of "collecting tears"...they even made jokes about it.    They fed it with videos even like HTFU.   You want someone to blame.   Blame CCP.

Otherwise, this is part of the game...it has been since day one.   The difference now is someone in game(someone with the ability to directly petition CCP) has decided to get rid of scammers and such, so they have started an in-game inquisition - and anyone that sides with him is a part of it.  Congratulations.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Lol best advert for Eve ever, in more ways than one.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Originally posted by Solar_Prophet
    Originally posted by Paske

So basicly, Erotica 1, one of the most exposed scammers has *GASP* scammed someone.

That someone was dumb enough to give them even more assets.

Now they are bu** hurt and write angry posts about it.

You have to understand, EVE is NOT your garden variety game. No one will hold you by your hand while you make your first steppes. No one cares if you toiled for months to get that ISK only to see it blown up/ scammed/ stolen / whatever.

You bought 500$ worh of PLEX, sold it for ISK , got your self 20bil CNR only to get it blown up on Jita undock ? Excuse us while we point and laugh at you.

The game isnt for everyone, it never was and it never said it was. Scamming, stealing, lying, doing what you want or must is all alowed.

Using third party people in order to get intel on your rivals in attempt to steal all their assets and then mock them in public ? More power to you !

You dont like it? May I sugest some other game then. EVE is harsh and doesnt forgive. Adapt or die.

Gotta love how you and others are still trying to make this about the scam.

THIS. WAS. NEVER. ABOUT. THE. SCAM.

The guy fell for a scam, and I couldn't care less about him losing his in-game property. He made a stupid choice, and in all honesty absolutely deserved to lose said property.

The issue here is the fact that for two hours, several people strung him along with false reassurances & hope with the sole purpose of pushing him to his breaking point for their own sadistic enjoyment. That's the issue here, not the loss of digital property. One would think that would go without saying, but then again perhaps I'm giving the people defending this sort of garbage too much credit.

I hope that, should some of you find yourselves being mugged or bullied some day, the cops simply tell you that , "Life is harsh and doesn't forgive. Adapt or die." Then maybe you'll realize just how ridiculous and disgusting your attitudes are.

Utter crap.   So now you are saying Sohkar was mugged and bullied.   Please...what is next, Erotica one waterboard tortured him.

The guy got scammed.  It happens all the time in EVE.   It is part of EVE.

And let's not hold the guy that got scammed to any accountability what - so - ever.   Because he was incapable of stopping it himself at any time - right?  Someone had a gun to his head.   Oh wait, he was tied to a chair!   Right...?

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

In my opinion the guy who do this are idiots. However the biggest idiot in this story is the "victim". Not because he got scammed, or got angry, but because his wife got a panick attack duo to HIS behavior and all about some virtual money. The people who do this are sadist, no doubt about this. You can not hide about the fact you are just playing a game and acting out a virtual person. This excuse stops to work the moment you drag them into a teamspeak channel and you talk to a player. They where clearly playing onto the emotions of the player (making fun of the panick attack), not the character. 

• DarSepkiDarSepki Member Posts: 51

So basicly, Erotica 1, one of the most exposed scammers has *GASP* scammed someone.

You have to understand, EVE is NOT your garden variety game. No one will hold you by your hand while you make your first steppes. No one cares if you toiled for months to get that ISK only to see it blown up/ scammed/ stolen / whatever.

You bought 500$ worh of PLEX, sold it for ISK , got your self 20bil CNR only to get it blown up on Jita undock ? Excuse us while we point and laugh at you.

The game isnt for everyone, it never was and it never said it was. Scamming, stealing, lying, doing what you want or must is all alowed.

Using third party people in order to get intel on your rivals in attempt to steal all their assets and then mock them in public ? More power to you !

You dont like it? May I sugest some other game then. EVE is harsh and doesnt forgive. Adapt or die.

The guy fell for a scam, and I couldn't care less about him losing his in-game property. He made a stupid choice, and in all honesty absolutely deserved to lose said property.

The issue here is the fact that for two hours, several people strung him along with false reassurances & hope with the sole purpose of pushing him to his breaking point for their own sadistic enjoyment. That's the issue here, not the loss of digital property. One would think that would go without saying, but then again perhaps I'm giving the people defending this sort of garbage too much credit.

I hope that, should some of you find yourselves being mugged or bullied some day, the cops simply tell you that , "Life is harsh and doesn't forgive. Adapt or die." Then maybe you'll realize just how ridiculous and disgusting your attitudes are.

You make a valid point, if only it was based off of facts:

The purpose of the room wasn't to push people to the breaking point. I thought it was at the beginning and had to do a bit of research to find out that this wasn't the case. This is partially why the "witch" in this hunt was targeted. People were way to quick to pass judgement then to spend the extra effort to find the facts

You degrade your argument by wishing physical harm against those who disagree with you. This tells me that you are emotionally and not logically driven with this post.

Please consider the following FACTS logically before posting further:

1. The victim has made a public post. In it, he tells people that he is at fault, and people should drop it.

2. The blogger, and elected community representative, has never spoken to the victim before or after he made his post publicly shunning the scammers. The victim's attempt to speak to this blogger have been ignored.

3. The blogger who started this now is refusing to speak to anyone who doesn't absolutely agree with his position. He has been openly rude against anyone who wants to bring up the 'side issues' that have been raised because of this.

Those who continue to go on this witch hunt are no longer going in support of the 'victim' that are claiming to support. Like witch hunts in the past it only requires the actions of the accuser(s) to go on. And seeing that the main accuser is ignoring the desire of the victim of said act, it suggests that the accuser is acting on their own agenda.

Those who continue to support him have been more likely to emotionally driven. They have been posting hateful things such as declaring those who choose to defend against it as 'sociopaths' or like in your case, wishing physical harm. I hope people like you will learn to clear their emotions at the door and show restraint and respect and not spread the hate over a little drama.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by DarSepki

The purpose of the room wasn't to push people to the breaking point. I thought it was at the beginning and had to do a bit of research to find out that this wasn't the case. This is partially why the "witch" in this hunt was targeted. People were way to quick to pass judgement then to spend the extra effort to find the facts

You degrade your argument by wishing physical harm against those who disagree with you. This tells me that you are emotionally and not logically driven with this post.

1. The victim has made a public post. In it, he tells people that he is at fault, and people should drop it.

2. The blogger, and elected community representative, has never spoken to the victim before or after he made his post publicly shunning the scammers. The victim's attempt to speak to this blogger have been ignored.

3. The blogger who started this now is refusing to speak to anyone who doesn't absolutely agree with his position. He has been openly rude against anyone who wants to bring up the 'side issues' that have been raised because of this.

Those who continue to go on this witch hunt are no longer going in support of the 'victim' that are claiming to support. Like witch hunts in the past it only requires the actions of the accuser(s) to go on. And seeing that the main accuser is ignoring the desire of the victim of said act, it suggests that the accuser is acting on their own agenda.

Those who continue to support him have been more likely to emotionally driven. They have been posting hateful things such as declaring those who choose to defend against it as 'sociopaths' or like in your case, wishing physical harm. I hope people like you will learn to clear their emotions at the door and show restraint and respect and not spread the hate over a little drama.

If sohkar had not said anything, and if the "witch hunt" had not happened, would Erotica 1's behavior be considered acceptable?  If the answer is "No", then it doesn't matter what sohkar said after the fact and it doesn't matter if the CSM was conducing a "witch hunt".  Erotica 1 deserved a ban.  If the answer is "Yes", then the question to answer is why CCP decided to ban Erotica 1.  My guess would be Erotica 1 making Eve look bad and potentially driving off new players.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

If sohkar had not said anything, and if the "witch hunt" had not happened, would Erotica 1's behavior be considered acceptable?  If the answer is "No", then it doesn't matter what sohkar said after the fact and it doesn't matter if the CSM was conducing a "witch hunt".  Erotica 1 deserved a ban.  If the answer is "Yes", then the question to answer is why CCP decided to ban Erotica 1.  My guess would be Erotica 1 making Eve look bad and potentially driving off new players.

Erotica 1 did nothing wrong.  CCP has known about the bonus room for a very long time.  He has in fact posted numerous recordings of bonus rounds up in the past.   This is not new information.  Hell Erotica 1's image is on in-game billboards as a wanted criminal and has been for a couple of years now.  Everyone knows about Erotica 1's scams.   This is about one guy, Ripard Tag not liking scammers...go read his blog.    He has never liked gankers, scammers or awoxers.    So he becomes a CSM.   He now has a direct link to CCP to petition them.    Well it turns out he petitioned them about the Sohkar matter just a few days after it happened and CCP did nothing about it.   So Ripard decides to write blog and put it on EVE24 news website...he makes it an public issue and using the right words like torture and panic attack, despicable, deprived and other major key words he gets people that do not like scammers to feed off these keywords...and start a crusade about it.  

And tada...instant Inquisition.     

Oh and just for everyones information.   I am not Erotica 1.    I do not know this person.    I personally do not like scammers, gankers or awoxers...in fact I am one of the biggest carebears in the game of EVE.   For 7+ years my main has been a miner.   Yep, I am a miner in EVE.    So if anyone should be siding with Ripard Teg - you'd think it would be me.   Well I do not agree with him and I think he is the one being a despicable human being.    He is the kind of person you should fear.   He is the kind of person that uses peoples own feelings to manipulate them into doing things they normally wouldn't do.    Just like the Inquisitors of old...he knows what words to use to incite people.   This maybe just a game...but look what he managed to do.  He managed to vilify an individual and twist what happened into something more.   In essence, he took a person labeled them a witch...and people fell for it.    It really is that simple.   

I have nothing against people that play the game the way they like it.   If you want to be a scammer and manage to take a player for all their worth...hell, do it!  Not my fault that person was an idiot.   Want to gank a miner.   Please - be my guest!  Gank away!   If that miner was too stupid to mine in a safe manner and use a tank build to protect themselves...to frikking bad!   You should have been smarter.    Oh, you were awoxed?   Well I guess you should have done a little research on the person you just let into your corp...to see that that is what they are.    You screwed up.   

And...yes...as I said, I am a carebear...one of the biggest you'll ever find in EVE.   In fact my main has never killed one player in EVE in the 7 years I have played.   I do have alts that have killed - but only in self defense.    I have never gone out of my way to kill another player in game. 

So there you go...in EVE - Teala is a big frikking carebear.  o.0   Yet, I am siding with Erotica 1 because I don't see that they did anything wrong.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Erotica 1 did nothing wrong.  CCP has known about the bonus room for a very long time.  He has in fact posted numerous recordings of bonus rounds up in the past.   This is not new information.  Hell Erotica 1's image is on in-game billboards as a wanted criminal and has been for a couple of years now.  Everyone knows about Erotica 1's scams.   This is about one guy, Ripard Tag not liking scammers...go read his blog.    He has never liked gankers, scammers or awoxers.    So he becomes a CSM.   He now has a direct link to CCP to petition them.    Well it turns out he petitioned them about the Sohkar matter just a few days after it happened and CCP did nothing about it.   So Ripard decides to write blog and put it on EVE24 news website...he makes it an public issue and using the right words like torture and panic attack, despicable, deprived and other major key words he gets people that do not like scammers to feed off these keywords...and start a crusade about it.  

And tada...instant Inquisition.     

You are bringing up just as much irrelevant information as the people who keep going on about the scams.  It doesn't matter if Erotica 1 has had fifty bonus rounds and nobody said anything to them about it.  If a drug dealer successfully makes fifty drug deals and doesn't get caught or the DEA agent doesn't bust them because they don't look all that important, it doesn't make the drug deals OK.  And no, I'm not drawing a parallel between Erotica 1 and a drug dealer, I'm drawing a parallel between CCP and other agencies who enforce rules.  In an ideal world, the rules would be enforced universally, and without bias.  The way things actually work is that the rules are enforced where it's possible to enforce them, and it is largely complaint based, which is naturally biased.  Attention was drawn to Erotica 1 based on complaints from a source that CCP deemed reliable enough to make a CSM before the complaint was made.  When that happened, Erotica 1's behavior was examined and found to be unacceptable.

* Scamming is not relevant to the ban.

* Prior successful scams and bonus rooms are not relevant to the scam.

* A CSM's dislike of Erotica 1's behavior isn't relevant, other than it drew attention to Erotica 1's behavior.  It could just as easily be argued that it was Erotica 1's behavior that drew the CSM's attention.  Complete the circle and keep arguing from there.

* It didn't even have to be Erotica 1.  It could have been any person who's behavior prompted someone to release a recording of that behavior that drew attention to the behavior and related the behavior to Eve.

The only relevant thing is whether or not Erotica 1's behavior passed CCP's "acceptable" test when attention was drawn to it.  Obviously Erotica 1's behavior did not pass that test, even if it passes your personal test.

Edited for a bit of grammar and more explanitory explanation.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Teala - Erotica 1 did nothing wrong.

Teala - Where did i say Sohkar deserved it?

Two polarizing statements by same person.

Why are we still talking about this guys? let this die we are going in circles arguing with someone who can't even make up her own mind.

• RorhcRorhc Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by calranthe

This is why I play EVE, while I myself do not scam, I enjoy living in a universe without limits, I survive in a game where my own common sense and abilities are tested.

Worse are the people calling for "broken legs" the meta game and scamming are part of the game, this person chose to become part of that game to live within that world, one read up on crime and punishment part of eves forum is an education.

Stay with your "safe" games and cuddle your teddy at night.

I play in a world with pointy sharp objects and do not need bubble rap to keep me safe.

I live in NYC. I play games to relax. If you're trying to sound hard ,don't use video games as an example.

This could end up being very interesting.

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Teala - Erotica 1 did nothing wrong.

Teala - Where did i say Sohkar deserved it?

Two polarizing statements by same person.

Why are we still talking about this guys? let this die we are going in circles arguing with someone who can't even make up her own mind.

Yes, because this is about me...not what we are discussing.   Which you've been doing a lot of. 

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

I think for most people it wasn't about the scam or championing the "victim's" cause; it was about a person feeling pleased by something the rest of us find on some level abhorrent and pleased enough to record it for posterity and then put it up in the internetz as if it was some sort of accomplishment that deserved recognition.

He got the recognition he deserved.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Hazelle

I think for most people it wasn't about the scam or championing the "victim's" cause; it was about a person feeling pleased by something the rest of us find on some level abhorrent and pleased enough to record it for posterity and then put it up in the internetz as if it was some sort of accomplishment that deserved recognition.

He got the recognition he deserved.

Believe me, such players won't sleep any worse knowing they are hated.
    They can create millions of threads complaining about griefers and scammers, but the fact remains that they won't give a sh*t as they know they are just games and the angry people yelling at them are thousands of miles away, capable of doing nothing.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

You say that It does not matter if the victim thinks it was fine. It does not matter if the victim agreed to take part in it.

Let me ask you this:

• Would it be fine to hit your spouse because she tells the police that she fell down the stairs and always comes bck to you?
    • Would it be ok to rape a woman because she dresses sexy and provokes it, while afterwards denying it happened.
    • Is it fine to kill someone because he asks you to do it.
    • Is it normal to speed up and run over a pedestrian because he knew what he was getting into when he crossed the street.

Guess what? That is not how it works and thank god there are not many people like you out there because then we would be truly F#$*@!

The law and morals also exists to protect those that can not or are not willing to protect themselves. Be that because they are mentally challenged, psychologically traumatized, scared or simply not aware what they got involved with.

Think about that before you continue to post more of your crazy thoughts.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by Yamota
    This was a witch hunt started by Ripard Teg(a member and co-chair of EVE's  CSM), because he has an issue with the player and character of Erotica 1.  Plan and simple.   And those of you that participated in it - pat yourselves on the back...congratulations...you have shown that you can still be duped as easily as ever.   

Did you listen to the recording? Are you telling me it was staged? If not then this "witch-hunt" is warranted and justified. People like that are garbage and belong behind bars or at the very least, banned from using a computer.

I listened to the recording multiple times.   I heard them do nothing that warrants this to be construed as torture or some kind of heinous crime.   If asking someone to sing a couple of songs and recite a few lines from a make believe charter is harsh treatment to you...I have to wonder about what your ulterior motives are regarding this. I heard two consenting adults playing a game.   One guy got upset.  People do that when they realize they have been scammed and are not getting their money back.  People do that when playing chess even.  Or playing cards.   Yes, even people playing video games that can't handle losing get upset.   That is what I heard.  I heard no torture - as Ripard Teg described it as being...and some of you others.   That was not torture at all.   So stop making it out as such.   

I did however hear the guy being scammed break all kinds of rules regarding EVE's EULA.   

And if you must get upset...put the blame right where it belongs...not on Erotica, not on Sohkar, not on any scammer, ganker or awoxer.   Put it on CCP.   They nurtured this atmosphere of "collecting tears"...they even made jokes about it.    They fed it with videos even like HTFU.   You want someone to blame.   Blame CCP.

Otherwise, this is part of the game...it has been since day one.   The difference now is someone in game(someone with the ability to directly petition CCP) has decided to get rid of scammers and such, so they have started an in-game inquisition - and anyone that sides with him is a part of it.  Congratulations.

I guess we just have different empathy levels because what I heard was a bunch of people, taking joy in mentally tormenting a inexperienced/stupid player. Torture, is a strong word but I think you think that torture is only physical, it is not. And what I heard on that recording was nothing short of mental torture. Coercing people into humiliating themselves, recording it and post it online is what in your book? Playful bantering?

And I do blame CCP. Amusing though that you hint about my "ulterior motives". My ulterior motives is that I hate despicable, sadist behavior and companies making profit of said behavior so I want it to be known what they are doing. I dont care much about scamming, happens in any game, but in Eve it is on a whole different level. It is about hurting the other person, not take stuff that they probably dont need anyway, but to enjoy the thought that you are hurting someone else. And that is sadism and has no place in online gaming

Like that idiot who asked for harassing some guy to get him to kill himself. Sure CCP acted there but that was because of the bad publicity it was causing.

And not only that, Eve is ripe with racist and sexual remarks. I have read bios that had all kinds of hateful, racist text and when you report it, absolutely nothing happens. So I guess that is part of the game as well?

• DarSepkiDarSepki Member Posts: 51
    Originally posted by taus01

You say that It does not matter if the victim thinks it was fine. It does not matter if the victim agreed to take part in it.

Let me ask you this:

• Would it be fine to hit your spouse because she tells the police that she fell down the stairs and always comes bck to you?
    • Would it be ok to rape a woman because she dresses sexy and provokes it, while afterwards denying it happened.
    • Is it normal to speed up and run over a pedestrian because he knew what he was getting into when he crossed the street.

Guess what? That is not how it works and thank god there are not many people like you out there because then we would be truly F#$*@!

The law and morals also exists to protect those that can not or are not willing to protect themselves. Be that because they are mentally challenged, psychologically traumatized, scared or simply not aware what they got involved with.

None of your examples are not even close to what you THINK has happened here. You have escalated the situation to match what happened here to every other immoral act. So I will not answer them. But in the effort of matching your absurd argument I shall ask my own:

• Do you think it is acceptable to escalate this argument into a physical confrontation? Or wish physical harm come to those who do not believe in your viewpoint? (There have been several examples of people who share your viewpoint who have crossed this line.)
    • Do you believe in a legal system based on due justice? (It's CCP they can do whatever they want or need. But as all your questions deal with outside of game this one applies)
    • Do you think it is OK dismiss other viewpoints because they hurt your feelings.
    Your entire point is based on the fact that Erotic 1 has committed an immoral act. That has not yet been proven, certainly not within the case that involved Sohkar. If you understand the concepts and rules of the bonus room you wouldn't post with such hostility. Fact is you are only contributing to the anger and hate that has been spreading around because of this.

Let me ask you this:

None of your examples are not even close to what you THINK has happened here. You have escalated the situation to match what happened here to every other immoral act. So I will not answer them. But in the effort of matching your absurd argument I shall ask my own:

• Do you think it is acceptable to escalate this argument into a physical confrontation? Or wish physical harm come to those who do not believe in your viewpoint? (There have been several examples of people who share your viewpoint who have crossed this line.)
    • Do you believe in a legal system based on due justice? (It's CCP they can do whatever they want or need. But as all your questions deal with outside of game this one applies)
    • Do you think it is OK dismiss other viewpoints because they hurt your feelings.
    Your entire point is based on the fact that Erotic 1 has committed an immoral act. That has not yet been proven, certainly not within the case that involved Sohkar. If you understand the concepts and rules of the bonus room you wouldn't post with such hostility. Fact is you are only contributing to the anger and hate that has been spreading around because of this.

I have no idea why you try to deflect the real issue other than that you are truly oblivious to the fact that what was done by Erotica 1 was both morally wrong and judically wrong.

A human being was taken to the breaking point for personal amusement and his family was dragged into it and made fun of. Erotica 1 then used the recordings to publicly shame the individual by posting them on a public website for only one purpose, to make fun of the individual and gain some form of respect amongst other similarly disturbed individuals.

Erotica 1 showed no empathy towards the victim even after 2 hours of pointless psychological abuse and ridicule by not only making fun of his wife but also using the victims desperation and vulnerability to prolong the humiliation even further.

These actions are consistent with high functioning sociopaths. They present themselves as something they are not, they mimic feeling and use empathy to lure their prey.

It does not matter that Sohkar or any other victims in this so called "bonus room" have agreed to the rules or if they agreed to the recording or the public broadcast of them. It's of no consequence just like in the examples i gave in my last post.

It can also easily be demonstrated that not only psychological but also financial damage was done too, since the in game currency ISK is indirectly linked to real world currency via the buying and selling of so called PLEX inside and outside of the game.

PS: As for your deflecting questions. It also does not matter what other people have done before or after this. It does not matter what viewpoints someone has or what CCP thinks. No one is dismissing anything or has hurt feelings. It's irrelevant to the fact that what was done is wrong.

Let me ask you this:

I have no idea why you try to deflect the real issue other than that you are truly oblivious to the fact that what was done by Erotica 1 was both morally wrong and judically wrong.

That is your opinion, not everyone agrees with it.  In fact I have found this story posted all over the Internet and most agree that Sohkar was the one that was out of line.   He chose to participate.  He could have stopped at any time.  Nothing you say can change that fact.    Nobody put a gun to his head or tied him to a chair.   There was no torture - and you really need to stop using  that word.   It was the furthest thing from torture.

A human being was taken to the breaking point for personal amusement and his family was dragged into it and made fun of. Erotica 1 then used the recordings to publicly shame the individual by posting them on a public website for only one purpose, to make fun of the individual and gain some form of respect amongst other similarly disturbed individuals.

He wasn't taken to no breaking point.   He finally realized, finally...that he had been scammed.   This wasn't his first time around the block in this game in regards to being scammed.    Erotica 1 had scammed him 2 times before.   So stop making excuses for poor little old Sohkar.

Erotica 1 showed no empathy towards the victim even after 2 hours of pointless psychological abuse and ridicule by not only making fun of his wife but also using the victims desperation and vulnerability to prolong the humiliation even further.

Pointless psychological abuse.  You really like to sensationalize this don't you.   Hello, are you Ripard Teg?

These actions are consistent with high functioning sociopaths. They present themselves as something they are not, they mimic feeling and use empathy to lure their prey.

So your a board certified psychiatrist?

It does not matter that Sohkar or any other victims in this so called "bonus room" have agreed to the rules or if they agreed to the recording or the public broadcast of them. It's of no consequence just like in the examples i gave in my last post.

Right, lets not hold people accountable for their own actions.   Instead, let's make it seem like they are incapable of making sound judgement calls - let's go further and make it sound like the player behind the keyboard has an IQ of less that 80.    But totally forget that this guy is an air traffic controller in real life.   That he is a grown adult, that has to make adult type decisions every day.   Let's just neglect all that.

It can also easily be demonstrated that not only psychological but also financial damage was done too, since the in game currency ISK is indirectly linked to real world currency via the buying and selling of so called PLEX inside and outside of the game.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but even CCP says items in game have no real world value.    Plus, everything in game is owned by CCP...go read the EULA.   You as a player own nothing in game.

PS: As for your deflecting questions. It also does not matter what other people have done before or after this. It does not matter what viewpoints someone has or what CCP thinks. No one is dismissing anything or has hurt feelings. It's irrelevant to the fact that what was done is wrong.

The only wrong that was done was a player(the guy that got scammed) broke EVE Online's EULA when he went into a rage and started tossing racial slurs around, threatening people with harm, and threatening peoples family members with harm   Those "are" clear violations of EVE's EULA.  

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885

Erotica1 banned Sokhar not. Res ipsa loquitur

Originally posted by kitarad

Erotica1 banned Sokhar not. Res ipsa loquitur

Yes, it proves that if you have a direct line to petition CCP you can get another player banned.   It also proves that CCP doesn't abide by their own rules.   It also proves that CCP has a double standard.

Let me ask you this:

That is your opinion, not everyone agrees with it.  In fact I have found this story posted all over the Internet and most agree that Sohkar was the one that was out of line.   He chose to participate.  He could have stopped at any time.  Nothing you say can change that fact.    Nobody put a gun to his head or tied him to a chair.   There was no torture - and you really need to stop using  that word.   It was the furthest thing from torture.

He wasn't taken to no breaking point.   He finally realized, finally...that he had been scammed.   This wasn't his first time around the block in this game in regards to being scammed.    Erotica 1 had scammed him 2 times before.   So stop making excuses for poor little old Sohkar.

Pointless psychological abuse.  You really like to sensationalize this don't you.   Hello, are you Ripard Teg?

Right, lets not hold people accountable for their own actions.   Instead, let's make it seem like they are incapable of making sound judgement calls - let's go further and make it sound like the player behind the keyboard has an IQ of less that 80.    But totally forget that this guy is an air traffic controller in real life.   That he is a grown adult, that has to make adult type decisions every day.   Let's just neglect all that.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but even CCP says items in game have no real world value.    Plus, everything in game is owned by CCP...go read the EULA.   You as a player own nothing in game.

The only wrong that was done was a player(the guy that got scammed) broke EVE Online's EULA when he went into a rage and started tossing racial slurs around, threatening people with harm, and threatening peoples family members with harm   Those "are" clear violations of EVE's EULA.  

Let me know when you have any real counter arguments and stop being delusional.

I never used the word torture for example so get your act together and snap out of it!

There is no opinion here at all, this is a misdemeanor, defamation and possibly assault. The evidence is clear in that it shows Erotica 1 had only one intention entering into this "bonus room" game and that was to humiliate and break the victim for his personal amusement and to further his reputation amongst others by posting it publicly on the internet and even advertising for it.

Yes, the law protects everyone from a crime, even those that subject themselves to one, it protects them from predators such as Erotica 1 and it does not matter if they agree to be violated.

You however desperately keep trying to find excuses for the assault on this person and his family by a sociopath and his friends. There is something wrong with you if you can not understand that simple concept.

I will ignore all the rest of your strawman arguments, deflections and feeble attempt at blaming the victim because frankly i am getting tired to explain this.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Let me ask you this:

I never used the word torture for example so get your act together and snap out of it!

Yes, we do not hold people accountable for their actions if they are the victims of abuse or other psychological mistreatment. This is standard procedure in spouse abuse cases where the victim usually protects the abuser. There is NO EXCUSE for hitting your spouse it is simply assault.

You however desperately keep trying to find excuses for the assault on this person and his family by a sociopath and his friends. There is something wrong with you if you can not understand that simple concept.

I will ignore all the rest of your strawman arguments, deflections and feeble attempt at blaming the victim because frankly i am getting tired to explain this.

You claim a strawman argument after you say something is wrong with him based on your own subjective opinion... let me put it to you this way: The only person wrong here is the one claiming idiocies when both the "victim" and the "sociopath" say otherwise.

Originally posted by Dihoru

Let me ask you this:

Yes, we do not hold people accountable for their actions if they are the victims of abuse or other psychological mistreatment. This is standard procedure in spouse abuse cases where the victim usually protects the abuser. There is NO EXCUSE for hitting your spouse it is simply assault.

You claim a strawman argument after you say something is wrong with him based on your own subjective opinion... let me put it to you this way: The only person wrong here is the one claiming idiocies when both the "victim" and the "sociopath" say otherwise.

It does not matter if the victim says he was fine with the abuse. It's still abuse, it is still defamation and it is still wrong.

You can go and ask any judge right now if he would let an abuser go free if the victim says it is fine that he gets abused. We both know what the answer of the judge will be.

It's quite clear you are refusing to understand although i am pretty sure you know exactly what i mean and you know exactly that what was done was wrong. Admitting you are wrong does not make you look weak, it's the opposite.