Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1day =max lvl?

167891012»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    It's not so much belittling as putting things in perspective. This is to MMO gaming as 69 hot-dogs in one minute is to eating.

Calling them freaks is to belittle  them. You can put things in perspective without insults. Too hard?

A lot of people do this to get the worlds first...if that makes them happy why the hell anyone else cares? their racing to max lvl is somehow spoiling your fun? do you feel better now after insulting them? if yes i am glad you took it out of your system.

You have a problem with circus freaks? What's the politically correct label for the sword swallowers, contortionists and ground glass eaters these days?

Actually never mind... the new term is "internet celebrity" image

Why would you even say that stuff?  It's not indicative of your posting behavior.

I don't get why people who make world achievements are regarded as freaks.  They earned it, buddy.  They earned it.  I didn't, you didn't.  They did.  ... They did.

Do you really have to ask?

Here's a lengthy thread where mostly people are talking about whether it's possible or not and then making inferences about what it says about the game based on that.

As you indicated, we both know that this is doable through coordinated and dedicated AOE grinding in all MMOs.

So...after we get beyond the non-ESO-specific nature of this "achievement" what are we left with? We are left with someone ( or more likely a few someones by now) who have perverted a gaming experience the same way that eating 69 hot dogs in 10 minutes is a perversion of eating.

Yes, people do this and worse for attention every day and Guiness catalogs it. But get real man, there are worthy world firsts and other achievements and there are weird ones. 

We're not talking about someone becoming renowned for running the fastest 1000 meters or cracking the genetic code or even being the best ESO player in PVP - those are things I could and do admire - but I don't admire just any random guy who does just any old goofy thing as a world first.

Some deserve praise and others are just weird curiosities.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Thane

yea, you got those in all the mmos.

"uuuh i reached max lvl in xxx hours and xxx mins, and now i have nothing to do! what a stupid game!"

as i mention before, you can also rush through skyrim in an hour. but it is just stupid to do so.

But now that the cat is out of the bag, this is exactly what will happen.

Look what happened in FFXIV:ARR. Soon as someone hit 50 by fate grinding and skipping all that content, the entire game across all realms became nothing more than one huge fate grinding power leveler. The masses started hitting 50 in days. Once someone finds an "easier way" to level. That becomes the "standard" to level. Then entire communities will miss much of a game's content for the sake of hitting cap. 

Why?

I don't think it's because players want to bypass content. It's because players are afraid of getting behind other players and will somehow be left out. So this is what happens. It's the developer's fault for allowing it to happen in the 1st place.

Cool story, except that just like in FFXIV, now youre max level but cant even complete your max level character. In ESO, youre missing tons of skill points that you need to fill out all of your passives and various other skills and have to go back and play through the low level areas anyway. In FFXIV you hit 50 through fates, then had to go back and complete all of the main story content you skipped over in order to unlock your 50 gear like relic weapons.

Sure, people might power level to 50 in both games, but theyre no closer to being truly complete characters than most other people who in the case of FFXIV were much further along in the story and closer to unlocking relics and stuff, and in the case of ESO who probably have more skill points to fill out their builds at half the level.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    It's not so much belittling as putting things in perspective. This is to MMO gaming as 69 hot-dogs in one minute is to eating.

Calling them freaks is to belittle  them. You can put things in perspective without insults. Too hard?

A lot of people do this to get the worlds first...if that makes them happy why the hell anyone else cares? their racing to max lvl is somehow spoiling your fun? do you feel better now after insulting them? if yes i am glad you took it out of your system.

You have a problem with circus freaks? What's the politically correct label for the sword swallowers, contortionists and ground glass eaters these days?

Actually never mind... the new term is "internet celebrity" image

Why would you even say that stuff?  It's not indicative of your posting behavior.

I don't get why people who make world achievements are regarded as freaks.  They earned it, buddy.  They earned it.  I didn't, you didn't.  They did.  ... They did.

Do you really have to ask?

Here's a lengthy thread where mostly people are talking about whether it's possible or not and then making inferences about what it says about the game based on that.

As you indicated, we both know that this is doable through coordinated and dedicated AOE grinding in all MMOs.

So...after we get beyond the non-ESO-specific nature of this "achievement" what are we left with? We are left with someone ( or more likely a few someones by now) who have perverted a gaming experience the same way that eating 69 hot dogs in 10 minutes is a perversion of eating.

Yes, people do this and worse for attention every day and Guiness catalogs it. But get real man, there are worthy world firsts and other achievements and there are weird ones. 

We're not talking about someone becoming renowned for running the fastest 1000 meters or cracking the genetic code or even being the best ESO player in PVP - those are things I could and do admire - but I don't admire just any random guy who does just any old goofy thing as a world first.

Some deserve praise and others are just weird curiosities.

It's apparent you have little to no appreciation for his achievement.  While you are at it, you may as well bad mouth 1st crafting achievements and 1st kill achievements .. because the people who got them didn't play it slow enough to meet your standards.
      They were just too fast, which makes them failures.

Sorry, but if you can't compete, that is not an excuse to trash others.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

[mod edit]

If an achievement is not worthwhile to you, then let it go.  Someone achieved it, let them have their moment.

If an achievement is worthwhile to you, embrace it.  Share it with others.

There is nothing personal, lol .. I just dislike when someone goes out of their way to downplay a life achievement.  Let the guy have his moment already .. sheesh.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    [mod edit]

If an achievement is not worthwhile to you, then let it go.  Someone achieved it, let them have their moment.

If an achievement is worthwhile to you, embrace it.  Share it with others.

There is nothing personal, lol .. I just dislike when someone goes out of their way to downplay a life achievement.  Let the guy have his moment already .. sheesh.

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

What would be even more interesting is why (from your earlier post) you might consider the best PVP player as an achievement.  Really, does it matter any more than the 1st person to get max level?  PVE vs PVP mindsets I guess.

PVE'ers are people too! .. =D

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

So you dislike something and you post about it... I guess we're pretty similar that way.... me with my dislike of making a fuss over dumbass achievements and you with your dislike of being critical of that image

Why you consider this a dumbass achievement is an interesting tale, I'm sure.

What would be even more interesting is why (from your earlier post) you might consider the best PVP player as an achievement.  Really, does it matter any more than the 1st person to get max level?  PVE vs PVP mindsets I guess.

PVE'ers are people too! .. =D

Damn, did I forget to throw PVErs a bone? image

Being the best raid healer is an achievement I can respect...

Being the best tank is an achievement I can respect....

Being a hard-working  DPSer with good situational awareness in group dungeons is an achievement I can respect...

Soloing PVE content without dying is an achievent I respect...

Trivializing a months long MMO gaming experience by powering through 1-50 in hours is not one of those things I respect... 

And no, despite your best efforts to distort it, it has nothing to do with PVE vs. PVP nor any jealousy... I also can't eat 69 hot dogs in 10 minutes and I'm OK with that.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by evilastro

Its not exploiting, he didn't do some bugged quest for infinite XP, he just did grinding.

If anything, Zenimax should just cut its losses and un-nerf the XP from dungeons and group content.  Funnelling everyone into quests will just lead to people finding ways around it like this guy did.  

They nerfed "at level" exp gaining. If you constantly push forward and do content above your level you will get exp a LOT QUICKER, which is exactly what everyone is doing who are level 30+ after 2 days. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Its an achievement. How people view the achievement is another matter but it is an achievement. 

And whilst 50 isn't / won't be the pinnacle of power (in the same way that 90 isn't the pinnacle in WoW say) it is a significant step. And under 1 day is fast. 

Those suggesting that said folks will be complaining about "lack of content":

• this may come as a shock but some people hate PvE; they could be around long after pure PvE folk have "consumed" the content in however many days / weeks / months it takes;
    • and if they want they can always do later - with a different character of whatever.
    And if these folk are dedicated PvP'ers (they may not be of course) these characters will not be gimped. They will have everything possible as quickly as possible to provide an edge. Level 50 was just the day achievement! There will be someone maxing out every single profession for example - which is why map and crafting add-ons are considered by some to be "unfair aids". Different mentality.
  • Bozo256Bozo256 Member Posts: 74

Anyone know how many of these guys are actually questing vs group AOE grinding?

After watching that guy's twitch feed of him AOEing zombies I feel like I'm playing this game all wrong.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    Originally posted by Bozo256

After watching that guy's twitch feed of him AOEing zombies I feel like I'm playing this game all wrong.

Chionese power leveling. THe guy was in a ppower leveling group which he paid some money for.

THese powerleveling companies know every exploit in the game to get people max level  in under 20 hours.

THey have already hacked these servers as well and Zenimax is pretty much toast at this point for the PC portion of the game. Even on xbox and ps4 , the chinese probably have modded boxes to hack those servers as well.

It is one of the biggest messes I;ve witnessed,,,, this could top Vanguard SOH...in mess.

Now the Chinese are hacking Zenimax servers to powerlevel their customers? WTF...

This thread is awesome.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Chionese power leveling. 

(grabs my American made tinfoil hat)

Originally posted by Bozo256

Chionese power leveling. THe guy was in a ppower leveling group which he paid some money for.

His entire clan was doing it. THe only difference between him and his clan mates was that his clan mates logged out of game. I'm tired of seeing this doom and gloom posts from people who obviously have an agenda against the game. It didn't take hacking to do this. It didn't take power level company/gold sellers. It just simply took knowledge that was gathered in beta. The guy didn't exploit at all, he simply took on harder mobs than with a group and burned them down to get the extra exp from killing mobs at a higher level. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• andreawalesandreawales Member Posts: 44
    Hmmm ... I played for about 10 hours and I have  reached level 7 , am I doing something wrong here ?
    Originally posted by andreawales
    Hmmm ... I played for about 10 hours and I have  reached level 7 , am I doing something wrong here ?

Only if you care about leveling quickly. The starter zone actually slows your leveling down, but its meant to draw you into the story, which is why it shouldn't be skipable by default. Zenimax has made some terrible decisions in patching the game and this is one of them. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• andreawalesandreawales Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by andreawales

Only if you care about leveling quickly. The starter zone actually slows your leveling down, but its meant to draw you into the story, which is why it shouldn't be skipable by default. Zenimax has made some terrible decisions in patching the game and this is one of them. 

Yes I went back to the starter zone because I had read somewhere on here that it shouldn't be missed , I have to say I have really enjoyed it so far , and certainly haven't found it boring as some people have been saying :)

• Randallt3mpRandallt3mp Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by M0rbid
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    2 levels an hour? Sounds like an exploit to me. That might be possible to level 10 or 20, but not from 20 to 50.

It was webcasted lol .. the person used massive AOE.

If AOE is an exploit, then that is a problem for Zenimax, not players.  Players use what is available.

I don't think I've ever seen a game where AOE groups can't bust the leveling curve all to shit. Anyone who is in an extreme hurry to level up as fast as humanly possible knows this and plans accordingly.

All it takes is some scouting in beta to figure out where the density of mobs in the open world is really high for different levels.

Personally I think they're all people like a notorious over-poster and thread starter in these forums who shall remain nameless, who recently said here that leveling 1-level cap is a tutorial and the "real game" starts after that...

People like that will always find a way to "beat the system".... there loss lol. They get their 15 minutes of attention - and it's not unlike the attention we give to other things that make us cringe...like a bad accident on the highway-- and then they wait many more months in forums until the next release they will "beat."

Freaks have always been and will always be good entertainment for a couple of minutes.

Same principle is how WoW max level gets done, in a hurry.

No exploits, just a bunch of supporters willing to get someone there, really, really fast.  They all assist, and the recipient reaps the rewards.  The recipient was Jake Shelton.

It's not really beating the system, so much as it is "DONE, max level in under 24 hours, you all were wrong about leveling time."

The person's experience was undoubtedly dreadful, so no reason to belittle his efforts.  I wouldn't even try what he did.

Oh look, it's Iselin with his own particular brand of nastiness towards anyone or anything that he does not admire or endorse and/or anything he construes as showing ESO off in a negative light.

How refreshing.

Play the game how you want to and enjoy it. Don't deride and label others as freaks simply because they enjoy a playstyle that you do not.

Just because these players have more dedication to ESO than you Iselin is no excuse to insult them.

Rofl Dedication?  If to you banging some chick and never contacting that person again is dedication. haha.

MMOs Played: FFXI,Age of Conan, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, GW2

Playing:None

Waiting For: Wildstar, The Repopulation, Archeage, TESO, Warhammer 40K:EC, EQN

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744

It has already been confirmed that the level 50s are devs and senior testers. They did it to draw attention to the game with threads like this.

Source:

ESO devs create level 50 characters for April Fools prank.

• xerrixerri Member Posts: 30
    its the 30% exp gain from ring of Mara  3 people can be linked not just 2 player 1 uses his for player 2  player 2  then links to a 3rd

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by xerri
    its the 30% exp gain from ring of Mara  3 people can be linked not just 2 player 1 uses his for player 2  player 2  then links to a 3rd

How? You can only marry one person?

Game doesn't let you polygamy.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Chionese

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• xerrixerri Member Posts: 30
    its been done if i say it be no better then the ones that have and are

• GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Originally posted by Retired

It has already been confirmed that the level 50s are devs and senior testers. They did it to draw attention to the game with threads like this.

Source:

ESO devs create level 50 characters for April Fools prank.

Oh you.