Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sadly i need to get a refund :(

nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219

I tried everything, uninstallng virus protectors, disabiling fire wall, checking internet setting, undoing my router, running administrator, this is the first game I ever had problems with just installing and the installation, that's just signs of things to come and I  been at this for hours, I cant even login to the main forums for help. Wow...

Comments

• SatchoSatcho Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Servers have been down for a large portion of the day and forums followed for maintenance today. 
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Can you be a bit more specific about the issues/errors that you are seeing so that we can give you some tips/hints to fix it?

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    You havent tried everything. I reinstalled windows prior to installing just have a clean slate for gaming goodness.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• lttexxanlttexxan Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by nomatics856

I tried everything, uninstallng virus protectors, disabiling fire wall, checking internet setting, undoing my router, running administrator, this is the first game I ever had problems with just installing and the installation, that's just signs of things to come and I  been at this for hours, I cant even login to the main forums for help. Wow...

*potato

It's better to lurk in forums and be thought a fool...than to endlessly "Quote" and remove all doubts.

• wangkomwangkom Member Posts: 119
    OP, grab your money and run while you still can, but hey that's just my opinion.
  • RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327

So what exactly is the problem? Having no clue what it is I'll take a guess

Running Windows 8.1? When you click ESO icon on desktop nothing happens? If so, make sure you have an ESO Tile on your Metro interface. Run the tile. If it is like what happened to me, the game then runs. After that running from the desktop works

**note** Reboot your computer before you do this the first time

I'm only guessing with the lack of information you supplied on the symptom. So I technically just set your arm in plaster because you just said you don't feel well

Just a note this is what happened after I installed the installation file and tried to run to download client

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Ok

I'm running 8.1 but I don't really use Metro I use the desktop infact I run it like it's Windows 7,if you are using Metro try from the desktop I 'm having heaps of trouble with Metro I hate the damn thing. 

p>
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096

Lol if you bought it from ESO web site, dont expect any help. They will just send you message to another department with no name. I am still waiting to hear back from this mystery department. Enjoy losing all your stuff, and account to some one randomly spawning into your character, they might ban you for it to. If the person spams chat. I am glad gamestop gave me my money back lol. 

I will say the game was a great game for 2 days lol. I guess that is something. Well minus quests not working, and bank/mail problems but hey. 

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096

This should help you though.

Business Contact Information 

Customer Service URL: http://www.zenimaxonline.com
    Customer Service Email:   [email protected]
    855-296-3170

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Yeah you need to provide more details. If your Anti Virus or something is causing this then it's your responsibility not theirs and the company who made it. I know you said you disabled it all but a lot them have crappy little things still causing and preventing things. Either way this game is one the few MMORPG's that seem to run really well without a lot of issues for the majority of people. Even WoW had a lot more client crashing / running issues back when it first came out. I'm amazed how little impact there has been when coming with client issues.

SNIP

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    Zenimax arent giving out refunds, I've tried twice. Reporting them to the BBB.

Legally they have to.

If the product is not working, just call up your bank and ask for to remove the charge, or tell them its fraudulent because you didn't get the product you paid for.

Not much Zeni can do when your bank takes the money away from them.

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

I`m leaning towards one myself did not contact them yet but i don`t think they can refuse a refund for an EU client... unsure about other continents. 

It also shows what kind of a company they are if they are refusing to refund people when the game is not even launched yet.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Sadly the BBB has no real power as a whole, much less when it comes to internet games that are global.  It's mainly just a place for people to complain to and feel better as if something were done or will get done.  They can give bad reviews of a place and people may or may not follow their words.  Though given the trend with gamers who are willing to pay hundreds just to get into an alpha game that has little content, this isn't really the market that is hurt by such.  It's basically just another gaming review site if you really think about it with regards to video games.  Though the whole practice is typically self-imposed by a company and self-regulated.

That aside, I'm not entirely surprised Zenimax isn't giving out refunds if that is indeed the case.  There was another speculation thread showing pre-order data that didn't look too promising.  It's likely that their sales weren't as good as expected and they're clinging to what purchases they are able.  Match that with all these pre-order bonuses and quite a bit of emails and advertisements and a skeptical person could see something fishy going on.  Hopefully they release numbers soon, but if it was anything record breaking they'd likely be flaunting it to get even more people interested.

The console version may help the game a bit, but as a whole that's already limited thanks to it being a next-gen exclusive game.  Add to that that most console gamers don't want to have to rent their games if they initially shell out $60 for it.  While numbers for a single player version of Elder Scrolls reached quite a bit, more than half of those purchases were made when it was 75% of or at a discounted price for their respected gaming systems.  This indicates that many people are watching their spending when it comes to gaming, and the business model just doesn't suit them.  However this is really only when it comes to people outside of this genre who are looking at ESO as a ES game.  Then you have the split within the genre, with most only willing to pay a fee if the game is perfect and has sublime end game (which Zenimax hasn't talked much about, and there is currently no raids in game).

I wrote an article for some site a year or two ago about how the game would try and become more "Elder Scrolls" like in the last few years of development; this was given as an addition to them selling the box price and not having a monthly fee.  It would be insanity to try and sell single player gamers a MMO version that has a monthly fee, I exclaimed.  That is, of course, unless it was a cash grab.  The box price plus a half year or a full year of subscriptions helps recuperate costs of servers, staff and the making of the game.  Then at the right time there is a point for more profit to make the game free-to-play.  Star Wars -- a game I predicted was doing this six months before they released -- is now making serious bank.  Wildstar said it was a smart business move to do this -- or at least prepare for it -- especially if you don't have a big IP behind a game.  Naturally I'd say they will try to stick it out as long as possible due to their C.R.E.D system.  But as a whole, you can bet they have plans ( as explained here:    28:30  ) to at least be able to switch over if and when it's required.

Therefore and to reiterate, the prospect of not being given a refund is no surprising if they are following the norm when it comes to "smart" business in this genre.  It's a balancing act for some companies -- is it more profitable to be a good guy developer and acquire player gratuity and respect, or try to grab as much money as possible and likely burn out even quicker on their game.  Nowadays there's little reason to try and be the good guy what with people buying anything no matter the questionable morals behind something in question.  So long as they get their gaming fix that they will power through and toss aside.

This is just in general if they are not giving out refunds and applies to all games / companies that do such.  Not just a ESO exclusive if they're guilty of such.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
    BBB.... does anyone even look at that relic?

• PuffingtonPuffington Member Posts: 35
    I had my refund within 24 hours of contacting customer support. Their game may be a bit lacking but I found their customer support to be A+ and will be giving it another look on XBone
  • syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    Originally posted by onlinenow25

Legally they have to.

If the product is not working, just call up your bank and ask for to remove the charge, or tell them its fraudulent because you didn't get the product you paid for.

Banks don't "take" money from companies.  If the charge is less than $100, it isn't worth their money to hire someone to investigate the charge and attempt to get a refund for the bank.  The banks end up taking the loss on small disputes.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by onlinenow25

Legally they have to.

The irony in that statement is astounding. I don't really care about people seeking refunds, however lying to get one is something else entirely. It's certainly not a responsible approach. There was no deceit here on Zenimax's part, the game is very much the game they advertised. On top of that you bought a fresh piece of software, issues are a common part of that.

They have a responsibility to get it working in a timely manner come launch, as far as we can tell they're trying to pay dues on their part in that.

IF the guy can't get the game to work that should be grounds enough, as long as he should be able to make it work, ie the fault lies in faulty software.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Sephros
    You havent tried everything. I reinstalled windows prior to installing just have a clean slate for gaming goodness.

Any game that you have to reinstall windows for before you install it should stay of everyone's hard drive.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by mbd1968

Any game that you have to reinstall windows for before you install it should stay of everyone's hard drive.

Can't think of many games that would require such, but there are many a PC that could use a fresh install of windows to be able to run software properly.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AviorAvior Member UncommonPosts: 54

I requested my refund today, and it was approved pretty quickly after a verification process.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I'm sure you have eaten many different cooks saliva and possibly other bodily fluids.

Nice attempt to try to twist my words there champ.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530

I'm assuming you mean "stay OFF everyone's hard drive", to which I'd COMPLETELY agree. Sheesh, man if you're standard practice is to reinstall the OS every time there's a problem, then you've got bigger issues. Keep it clean, maintained, and virus free, and it will last you. I simply cannot stand the "reinstall when you have issues" argument, pointless and a waist of time.