Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It lives?

Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
I'm kind of surprised by the fact this game is still alive.  I remember playing it back during the lull between Vanilla World of Warcraft and the Burning Crusade.  Mostly noteworthy for being a bit on the grindy side.   Anyone else kind of wondering why someone would buy up and revive this game?

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    It keeps dying and being brought back to life. It's in beta again.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    Originally posted by Grunty

Seriously?  Now I'm curious as to what they are changing in the actual game.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Originally posted by Colt47
    Originally posted by Grunty

Seriously?  Now I'm curious as to what they are changing in the actual game.

Probably not. I'm assuming it was popular in Korea or something which is why these companies keep thinking it will make them profit. Then they buy it, put it online again, then it dies out because they didn't advertise it. It keeps happening in that cycle. Yet I still cannot figure out why. There must be some aspect of the game that is different than generic MMORPG's.

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    Yet I still cannot figure out why. There must be some aspect of the game that is different than generic MMORPG's.

It's that Lightfoot skill. I kept going back to it because I enjoyed the idea of "you need to use these skills and level them up to reach their full potential."

• ThoshaThosha Member Posts: 3

Was quite suprised today that I suddenly got a mail from 9dragons. Seems it is indeed still alive.. somehow

For me it died that day acclaim suddenly dropped it.

Spring Content Update!

Hello Dragons!

Put on your best gear and get ready to test your skills with these new challenges! 9Dragons is celebrating the new season with a new dungeon, Black vs. White War renewal, banner upgrades, Wild Tiger Fighter clothing and gear, and a handful of exciting events!

Access the Dungeon of Conqueror now for tougher mobs and greater rewards! Be cautious though as the difficulty level depends on the color pass you use.

The Black vs. White War begins twice per day in Bloody Plains and ends in the Cave of Conqueror. Will your team prevail?

Last but not least, collect and use new event items, gear, and Spring Dragon weapons during the five-week Spring into Spring events! Craft new Spring Flower Boxes and obtain items like 5x EXP cards, Full Bloom Epithet, and +10 Spring Dragon Event Weapons!

Game on!

9Dragons Team

• steelfrenzysteelfrenzy Member Posts: 147
    Originally posted by Bakkoda24
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    Yet I still cannot figure out why. There must be some aspect of the game that is different than generic MMORPG's.

It's that Lightfoot skill. I kept going back to it because I enjoyed the idea of "you need to use these skills and level them up to reach their full potential."

That was definitely the best feature that I can remember. I don't quite know why other games don't try out different mechanics. Instead it's typically the same stagnant boring crap, but oh well.

• samevolsamevol Member UncommonPosts: 7
    wow this game stll lives.