Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And I Thought SWTOR Was Bad....

EcnaliEcnali Member CommonPosts: 49
Elder Scrolls Online - Did a couple of Beta Weekends, enjoyed the starter quests and everything. So I bought the Imperial Edition. Finally got into the game and...OMG...the banking system, the inventory, the ... lack of an Auction Hall (that  guild store just doesn't cut it).  Much of the mechanics I Didn't get to test in Beta weekends was so bad...it's like a console game or something and a bad one at that. On the bright side for them, they made 90 bucks or so off me. The...I can't even describe it... How a game as old WoW can out-design something as new as Elder Scrolls Online is beyond me. Well, I guess their target audience is Elder Scrolls in all its console variations gamers vice MMO players. It's a pity, I really did enjoy what little I got to play in those Beta weekends - but I'm just not a console player. Now I guess we just need to see if it goes F2P faster than SWTOR - at least SWTOR actually went back and fixed much of their mechanics- admittedly, too little, too late, but I'm not sure ESO is going to be able to do that - that would require a massive amount of rewriting of their code.  I'm back to EVE, and LOTRO, and, yes, Landmark - now that's a fun crafting game. We'll just have to see how it ties into EQ NEXT. Good bye, ESO...I can't even say I'm going to miss you...because I'm not.

Comments

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

TY,for sharing this with us..... This post was so telling it almost made me weep........ You give so many examples of what you didn't like it was so telling.....

The banking system is great not sure what your getting at, you can put anything in it and use it for your whole account and you can also craft from it, so what's the thing your hating on?

And the inventory is clean I love it, You can actually sort everything......

Not sure why this couldn't have went into one of the other fifty "I don't like the game posts" but to each his own......

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    I find it odd that people complain about the inventory system. It is the easiest to manage system of any mmo I have ever played. It categorizes things automatically. I have no clue why people have issues with it unless they try to work out of the first tab with everything in it.

You stay sassy!

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Originally posted by Ecnali
    Elder Scrolls Online - Did a couple of Beta Weekends, enjoyed the starter quests and everything. So I bought the Imperial Edition. Finally got into the game and...OMG...the banking system, the inventory, the ... lack of an Auction Hall (that  guild store just doesn't cut it).  Much of the mechanics I Didn't get to test in Beta weekends was so bad...it's like a console game or something and a bad one at that. On the bright side for them, they made 90 bucks or so off me. The...I can't even describe it... How a game as old WoW can out-design something as new as Elder Scrolls Online is beyond me. Well, I guess their target audience is Elder Scrolls in all its console variations gamers vice MMO players. It's a pity, I really did enjoy what little I got to play in those Beta weekends - but I'm just not a console player. Now I guess we just need to see if it goes F2P faster than SWTOR - at least SWTOR actually went back and fixed much of their mechanics- admittedly, too little, too late, but I'm not sure ESO is going to be able to do that - that would require a massive amount of rewriting of their code.  I'm back to EVE, and LOTRO, and, yes, Landmark - now that's a fun crafting game. We'll just have to see how it ties into EQ NEXT. Good bye, ESO...I can't even say I'm going to miss you...because I'm not.

You mean you played a couple beta weekends and never tried the bank nor the inventory system? wow..

Not sure if serious or not.. am I being trolled?!?

Regardless.. enjoy those other games, that's the beauty of it, there are games for everyone's taste! =)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by Voiidiin

Sorry OP but this Troll is a really bad attempt.

Not only do you contradict yourself, but your whole post comes across as disingenuous. 

• CeldrynCeldryn Member Posts: 84
    Well that was fun hah
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Damedius
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    Someone's education system has failed them.

TBH the education system was turned on the people awhile ago. It went from education to indoctrination of the student. The goal being not the development of critical thinking but mindless regurgitation.

Oh something intelligent in a thread like this. +1

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Tamanous
    I find it odd that people complain about the inventory system. It is the easiest to manage system of any mmo I have ever played. It categorizes things automatically. I have no clue why people have issues with it unless they try to work out of the first tab with everything in it.

Because it isn't like a normal game, it's like an TES game which his arguably one of the worst features of any Elder Scrolls Games.  People want slick inventory systems that display nothing but an icon and then you mouse over to see what it is.  Not have an icon and then a short description cluttering up the screen telling you what that item is.  In fact I have always found it extremely coincidental and ironic that a game that try's to keep a slick and minimalistic UI will gaudy up their inventory systems.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• DeathFromAboveDeathFromAbove Member UncommonPosts: 112
    He's Trolling.
  • OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by cichy1012

What the hell. I cried just trying to read this. How he managed to get 90 dollars is beyond me let alone present his awesome grammer skills.

This made me spit coffee. Thanks... lol

• turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166

SO you played a couple of beta weekends and didn't learn enough about the game to determine whether or not you would like it in release?

And now you want to share this experience with all of us, so we understand why you are leaving ESO?

OK, take care of yourself, hope you find whatever it is you're looking for.

But don't post about it here if you do, because none of us care either.

T

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Havekk

What the hell. I cried just trying to read this. How he managed to get 90 dollars is beyond me let alone present his awesome grammer skills.

the very definition of irony in fact image

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Which part...the op or the grammar cop spelling grammar wrong ?

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Phry

the very definition of irony in fact image

Yeah, OP = poor grammar, guy responding to OP = poor spelling :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• NineFuriesNineFuries Member Posts: 33
    Living in the idiocracy is like a video game unto itself.  BEHOLD...moronicus maximus in the wilds!
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    That's what happens when you realize you've been duped. Your brain gets all scrambled and you can barely make a sentence. It's ok op, just learn from your mistakes, don't buy EA products.
  • slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

If you are playing EvE and LotRO, it is odd to me that you use WoW as the benchmark to compare ESO to.

It seems if you are playing LotRo, you would have used that as the benchmark. 

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291

Reply to OP,

So instead of listening to the people that tested the game over several beta weekend events that are Elder Scroll fans and warned people that ESO is in no way anything close to resembling a true Elder Scolls game and just another bland mmo you decide to drop $90 on it anyways then quit???????

I'm at a loss for words....I'm also at a loss over the people that suddenly thought that ESO is actually a good game. No idea why everyone is flooding the forums with ESO hype...where in the hell did that all come from? Like the saying goes 'you can't fix stupid'.

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by DeathWolf2u

Reply to OP,

So instead of listening to the people that tested the game over several beta weekend events that are Elder Scroll fans and warned people that ESO is in no way anything close to resembling a true Elder Scolls game and just another bland mmo you decide to drop $90 on it anyways then quit???????

I'm at a loss for words....I'm also at a loss over the people that suddenly thought that ESO is actually a good game. No idea why everyone is flooding the forums with ESO hype...where in the hell did that all come from? Like the saying goes 'you can't fix stupid'.

I thought it was a good game up intill they banned me, because they failed to keep accounts safe, and let random people get access to my character. I got a refund though, thankfully lol. As for me i guess I am going to SWTOR till wild star.

This discussion has been closed.