Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What mmorpg(s) are you playing now?

2»

Comments

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

Technically ESO.  Hopefully for more than a month....

As far as games with online multi-player:  League of Legends and Dark Souls 2

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

FFIVX - ARR

Star Trek Online

WoW

Occasional checkin with:

Neverwinter

Champions

GW2

Rift

Defiance

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428

Albion Online - this game is so fun, it reminds me of the early days of EvE online.

FFXIV as well with the wife.

• Aribeth1973Aribeth1973 Member Posts: 6
    hi im looking for a decent MMO to play , do you recommend EVE , have you played Lineage ? if so how do it compare
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Aribeth1973
    hi im looking for a decent MMO to play , do you recommend EVE , have you played Lineage ? if so how do it compare

I do NOT recommend Eve. It has pretty bad (to me, since "bad" is subjective) pve content, and pve mission combat is easy-mode. You can just set auto-pilot to circle the enemies, and keep firing missiles until you win. STO has much better space ship combat.

I have NOT played Lineage.

• KamofilaKamofila Member UncommonPosts: 116

Recently I've tried out EQN Landmark, Marvel Heros, DAoC Private Server Genesis, STO and Fallen Earth.  All these games are decently fun but not quite what im looking for.  although i do like some of the mechanics in EQN Landmark but only see myself playing EQN and not Landmark.

I play Path of Exile and BF4 quite regularly and also a private EQ server i have been playing for years called Shards of Dalaya which imo totally blows modern day EQ out of the water and though P99 is nice it just doesn't have enough content and progression.  Shards of Dalaya has almost endless progression, you could playing the game every day for a year and not be close to maxxing out character and reaching all 13 Tiers....YES 13 Tiers of raiding mostly 18 man some 6 raid bosses as well.  I've been playing on and off for a few years now and my cleric is only T6 and my Bard is maybe T2 equivalent.

Been Testing Wildstar and although i find some of it for lack of a better word....dull, the overall game is so fleshed out and complete with some awesome combat mechanics.  What i like about Wildstar far outweighs the things i don't like about it.  I see myself playing Wildstar for at least a good six months.

Do you like lollipops? Suck it. Don't bite you greedy twit.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Aribeth1973

Never played Lineage but for what it's worth, I've been playing EVE on and off with several RL friends since 2005. If you end up enjoying the game, chances are you'll be calling it home for a long time. There's a good reason that it only gets more subs as it ages.  

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Nothing at the moment. I have thought about resubbing to DaoC but EA seems to have lost my account. Just in Limbo for now i guess.
  • Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Pirates of The Burning Sea.
    Ultima Online.
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Currently playing:

GW2

The Elder Scrolls Online

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Cecropia
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Diablo 3 RoS .. not a "true" MMO .. but close enough for me.

Right, but the thread was about "what MMORPGs are you playing now". Not: "what online games that Nariusseldon feels that are close enough to MMORPGs are you playing". Any and every chance you get, eh.

Quote a few others posted D3 RoS ... why aren't you asking them? I sense a double standard here.

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal
    Some one has to ask it at least once a month.  :P  Me I'm in FFXIV-ARR.

Rift

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    No MMO at present. Last was GW2 but I'm taking a little break. I'll probably fire it up again in a month or so.

But for now it's Diablo 3 above all else. Little Hearthstone on the side. Trying to rekindle some enthusiasm for Hex.
  • UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243
    The only MMO worth playing since it was released - The Secret World. It's certainly not my ideal MMO, but it does things differently enough to the theme park clones that I enjoy my time there.