Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you SO much for the downtime - seriously

Aliantha_AngelAliantha_Angel Member UncommonPosts: 225

I really really needed some sleep.

I know people are bummed/annoyed/whatever and I'm really sorry for those who only had the 3 day early access, but I am so freakin' tired from like 5 hours total sleep the previous two nights that I, for one, was glad I had no choice but to finally close my sleepy eyes.

I'm not gloating that I got to play and you didn't, the game is 3 days old.  For those of you chomping at the bit let me just say, the wait is worth it.  All the gloom and doom and the end of the world because the game is down a bit is craziness and just people being disappointed.

Absolutely great game and am so glad they are taking the time to fix things.

See you all back in Tamriel!

Comments

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    You are thankful they are doing their job? What a joke!

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• Aliantha_AngelAliantha_Angel Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Originally posted by xpiher

Yeah, in a world where not everyone does their job, yes, I am thankful.  Silly me for espousing simple things like gratitude.

Originally posted by alicorn

Yeah, in a world where not everyone does their job, yes, I am thankful.  Silly me for espousing simple things like gratitude.

Silly you for being thankful they are doing their job indeed. They aren't doing it out of the kindness of their heart, they doing it because if they don't their game will fail. If they properly communicated whats going on and did regular updates that would be something to be thankful for. But they didn't. 

IB4L

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

They aren't doing their job. My account does still not work when the game is up

• SavageoneSavageone Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by alicorn

I really really needed some sleep.

I know people are bummed/annoyed/whatever and I'm really sorry for those who only had the 3 day early access, but I am so freakin' tired from like 5 hours total sleep the previous two nights that I, for one, was glad I had no choice but to finally close my sleepy eyes.

I'm not gloating that I got to play and you didn't, the game is 3 days old.  For those of you chomping at the bit let me just say, the wait is worth it.  All the gloom and doom and the end of the world because the game is down a bit is craziness and just people being disappointed.

Absolutely great game and am so glad they are taking the time to fix things.

See you all back in Tamriel!

Very nice post Alicorn!!

I also got some much needed sleep and feel wonderful. Amazing what a few ZZZZ's will do for a person.

I hope they keep one top of things and maintenance, whether scheduled or not is a good thing.

See ya in Tamriel too.........*waves*

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Wholly dick headed comment Batman

I'd be curious to know how many people post on these forums instead of doing their jobs. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by laserit

Wholly dick headed comment Batman

I'd be curious to know how many people post on these forums instead of doing their jobs. 

*raises hand*

Though TBH I would be playing ESO instead of doing my job if the server had been up, but unfortunately it was down my entire shift :-(

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by evilized

Moved on to trolling this game now xpiher? Great.

No. As I'm playing ESO and mildly enjoying it. The level of hate and fanboyism with this game is seriously over the top though. Its worse, IMO, than GW2 was. 

That depends on what you are looking for in a game....  However someof the things from GW2 would certainly be welcome in this game, i think the dynamic events would be perfect in combination with the deep story quests of  eso.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

No. As I'm playing ESO and mildly enjoying it. The level of hate and fanboyism with this game is seriously over the top though. Its worse, IMO, than GW2 was. 

That depends on what you are looking for in a game....  However someof the things from GW2 would certainly be welcome in this game, i think the dynamic events would be perfect in combination with the deep story quests of  eso.

I fully expect rift PQs with GW style consquences for failing to happen in the future. The game and its lore are perfect for it. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• Aliantha_AngelAliantha_Angel Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Actually they have them although they're tweaking them some.  I was able to participate in a couple of "anchors" and I found them to be enjoyable.  The GW2 events happened waaay too often in my opinion but then that is just my opinion.

What's funny is how people get labeled "fanboys" if they make one positive comment.  I guess I am anyway, but my eyes are open, I just have played enough launches (going back to UO 15 years ago or so, and one extended downtime at launch just doesn't seem to me to warrant the angst.