Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.COM staff..

Can any of you fearless reporters of gaming goodness get any kind of information from Zenimax about when they might plan on giving the community a tidbit of information about when they think they might be bringing back the game ?

I get that they are working hard... but the complete blackout of information seems so noobish. 

Thanks in advance if yah get anything for us.

Lolipops !

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

It's not a blackout. Here is their official response:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64824/eso-north-american-megaserver-downtime-4-1-to-4-2

Last night a few North American users reported inventory-related issues with their character account, such as seeing additional inventory items appear, or seeing items that were not earned through gameplay. We've identified and fixed the problem, but the issue necessitated some downtime overnight for the North American megaserver. This problem has not manifested on the European server, so it continues to run as normal. The fix will be implemented as soon as all required pre-testing is complete this morning.

We were already planning to push a new game build to both servers this morning, and we will continue to work towards this. Stay tuned for complete patch note shortly. In addition to this aforementioned priority fix, we are also working quickly to restore our 'send in-game mail' functionality, some content blocking fixes that are preventing some users from finishing quests, and a few other tweaks. Our goal is to have all of these fixes initiated later this morning, eastern US time.

We will update this post as soon as we have an exact timeline for the service to be restored.

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430

Its only been down for 11 hours. The official response has only been the same for the last 10 of those hours. My money is on 1400 EDT for a return to service (someone should start a pool). 

If this is going to happen, its better that it happens now with the true believers who pre-ordered and paid extra to get in early than when it launches and the undecided try it out. We're more likely to take it on the chin and come back than someone who sprung for the box with the intent of giving it a shot.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by Dewguy79
    The only thing noobish are the people who preorder a mmo expect early access to be flawless.  During downtime here is a tip go outside .

Not sure where you get the impression i was expecting a flawless release of this game, and while i was asking for information the above poster pleasantly provided it for me. While all you have done is flame me falsely.

As for going outside... i live in Barrow Alaska and last i checked it is a warm and balmy -18 degrees outside and polar bears are moving out of hibernation. So i think i will stay inside where i will nto get eaten or frozen.

Thanks for your well thought out advice though.

Lolipops !

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Voiidiin
    The only thing noobish are the people who preorder a mmo expect early access to be flawless.  During downtime here is a tip go outside .

Not sure where you get the impression i was expecting a flawless release of this game, and while i was asking for information the above poster pleasantly provided it for me. While all you have done is flame me falsely.

As for going outside... i live in Barrow Alaska and last i checked it is a warm and balmy -18 degrees outside and polar bears are moving out of hibernation. So i think i will stay inside where i will nto get eaten or frozen.

Priceless image

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234

You're being a little impatient considering the game has not launched yet, I guess it hasn't.
  • SheepduckSheepduck Member Posts: 32
    I get most my information from the ESO sub reddit, it's better than the official forum IMO 
  • DrahxDrahx Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by laserit

Priceless image

Grab a .45/70 and a parka, then head out for a walk. I was out all winter for my daily hikes even in -40. Toughen up buttercup!

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    They just updated saying 1-2 pm EDT
  • M0rbidM0rbid Member Posts: 60
    But have they fixed the account security issue where players have reported logging in to full control of OTHER peoples characters? This is a MASSIVE issue. Zeni need to give clear communication on this and soon imo.

An update:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64824/eso-north-american-megaserver-downtime-4-1-to-4-2

As of noon EDT, we are currently looking at a maintenance completion ETA of 1-2 hours.

Thank you all for your patience. If you haven't checked out the patch notes yet, you can view them here in English, French, and German.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by M0rbid
    But have they fixed the account security issue where players have reported logging in to full control of OTHER peoples characters? This is a MASSIVE issue. Zeni need to give clear communication on this and soon imo.

From your previous posts it seems as if you aren't playing. Do you really care about the matter, or here to stir up another thread?

My answer would be to wait until the notes come out.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

From your previous posts it seems as if you aren't playing. Do you really care about the matter, or here to stir up another thread?

The notes are out and are here:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64066/patch-notes-v1-0-1

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

Love... this...  image

• M0rbidM0rbid Member Posts: 60
    @Amjoco

Of course i care, i have been genuinely on the fence about this game the whole time. I want the game to succeed.

The account security issue that is letting players log in to full control of other peoples accounts IS a huge issue. Even posters like Iselin agree with my sentiment on how serious this is.

It NEEDS clear communication and soon.

You and a couple of other die hards following me around threads trying to downplay the issue and sweep it under the carpet is not going to help the game succeed imo.

Originally posted by BeansnBread
    Originally posted by Amjoco

The notes are out and are here:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64066/patch-notes-v1-0-1

Awesome thank you BNB. I didnt see anything in there about a red button, a final countdown, and the game blowing up. These have to be fake notes! hehe

Now, just to get back in there and start my crafting again! I'm starting to look like a young Sean Connery in Plate and I want to kill something!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by Sheepduck
    I get most my information from the ESO sub reddit, it's better than the official forum IMO 

Same!

Of course i care, i have been genuinely on the fence about this game the whole time. I want the game to succeed.

The account security issue that is letting players log in to full control of other peoples accounts IS a huge issue. Even posters like Iselin agree with my sentiment on how serious this is.

You and a couple of other die hards following me around threads trying to downplay the issue and sweep it under the carpet is not going to help the game succeed imo.

I wasn't following you sir. The previous thread was closed, and I saw this one and I wanted info on the game in hopes it would lead to the server starting backup. You just happened to be here.

Also, I'm hardly a die hard fan, I enjoy all games, and see it as a bit upsetting that fellow gamers would go as far as visit forums just to ridicule others and the games they enjoy. 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Daxamar
    Originally posted by Sheepduck

Same!

And ZOS knows this. They participate in the discussions there (at least Jessica does) and many patch notes are fixes to problems identified and discussed there.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

There is a difference in expecting some issues, and being completely locked out of a game for half the day, assuming it comes back up soon.  Stop being dumb.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Sigh selfish bastard.. bears gotta eat to ya know.

• PoliticaldadPoliticaldad Member UncommonPosts: 134

ohhhh can we load the EU server too ...... then when NA dies we mug their server with new toons and bag space.... :)

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    @Amjoco Of course i care, i have been genuinely on the fence about this game the whole time. I want the game to succeed.

Well let's start out by you are not giving clear information.  You cannot gain full access to other players accounts I. E passwords, cc info ect. ect.  There were a few instances where people logged into their own account and had another players toon or inventory.  Again you did not and never had access to that other players account information .  Please stop spreading misinformation.  

That's a subjective definition.  

While personal information was not obtainable, using accounts for gold spamming and being able to take personal and bank inventory was definitely possible.  It's a serious issue.  

• BulldozeBulldoze Member UncommonPosts: 115

M0rbid, very fitting username.

I am the Arch-fiend, the Despoiler of Worlds, and by my hands shall the false Emperor fall.

Originally posted by DAS1337

There is a difference in expecting some issues, and being completely locked out of a game for half the day, assuming it comes back up soon.  Stop being dumb.

Well in order to fix some issues you have to be locked out. No need to cal the guy names.

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

LOL.  You know, in past MMO you just knew that if its longer then one hour, go to bed, its going to be a very long maintenance.     Also it helps to look at the Official Server Status Webpage found here:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/server-status

Well would you look at that, they had all kinds of communication about mainenence, guess you just had to know where to look before getting angry and rushing to the forums...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64331/north-american-megaserver-maintenance-4-2-14-01-00am-edt

North American MegaServer Maintenance - 4/2/14 @ 01:00am EDT

ZOS_MichaelServotteZOS_MichaelServotte Administrator, Moderator admin

4:58AM edited 2:12PM in Server Status

Hi everyone!

We are bringing the North American megaserver down for maintenance. We'll let everyone know when this operation has ended as soon as we have an update. Thanks for your patience!

Post edited by ZOS_GinaBruno at 2:12PM

Michaël Servotte
    Community Manager (Français) - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube

7:32AM

Hello,

Our team is still working on the North American megaserver as we speak. We are working hard to resolve the issue and bring everything back up as soon as possible.
    We will keep you informed as we receive updates. Thank you for your patience.

Michaël Servotte

9:19AM

The maintenance occurring on the North American megaserver is still in progress. As soon as we will be able to communicate an ETA for the end of this operation, stay assured we will come share this information with you. Thank you for your patience.

Michaël Servotte

10:55AM

The North American megaserver is still down for the ongoing maintenance our team is conducting. While we cannot communicate any ETA at this stage, rest assured we will come back here with more updates as soon as we have them. Thank you for your patience.

Michaël Servotte

ZOS_JessicaFolsomZOS_JessicaFolsom Administrator, Moderator admin

12:31PM

Good morning, all. Maintenance on the North American megaserver is still under way. We know you have questions; we'll have a more detailed update for you shortly. Thanks for hanging in there while work on bringing things back online.

Jessica Folsom
    Community Manager (English) - The Elder Scrolls Online

ZOS_GinaBrunoZOS_GinaBruno Administrator, Moderator admin

2:12PM

You can now view the patch notes, here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64066/patch-notes-v1-0-1#latest

Gina Bruno
    Assistant Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online

This discussion has been closed.