Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch Notes

DrahxDrahx Member Posts: 84

*EDIT*  These are indeed yesterdays patch notes, but updated today by ZOS_KaiSchober at 

OVERVIEW

The Elder Scrolls Online v1.0.1 features a number of fixes to existing content. Here’s a brief overview of what awaits you in this patch:

• Fixes to quests that were blocking progression.
  • New option to view the intro cinematic any time.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

Alliance War
General
  • Revised the quest to kill 20 players in Cyrodiil to make it a daily quest, rather than repeatable.
Combat & Gameplay
General
  • Reduced the percentage required to gain credit for a kill for healers that were healing an ally.
  • Fixed an issue where you could get dismounted from your horse when jumping over various objects.
  • Fixed an issue with fishing where the game client could crash.
  • Fixed an issue where abilities with a cast time were not properly reducing your movement speed during casting.
  • Fixed an issue where the monkey pet granted to beta testers occasionally had collision.
Crafting & Economy
General
  • Fixed an issue where low-level players were being granted high-level food recipes. You should now receive recipes appropriate for your level.
Dungeons & Group Content
General
  • Fixed an issue where the chest containing the portal to Crow’s Wood would occasionally get stuck in an open or closed position, and would prevent you from entering.
  • A Son’s Promise: Fixed an issue in Crows’ Wood where Rulantaril's Construct would instantly respawn.
  • Fixed an issue with Dark Anchors which could prevent monsters from spawning.
Exploration & Itemization
General
  • You will no longer receive veteran rank swords from fishing in Stonefalls.
Mac Client
General
  • Fixed an issue with the MacBook Air that was causing NPCs to multiply as you moved the camera around.
Quests 
Auridon
  • In the name of the Queen: Fixed an issue in the quest where the priestesses at the Northern and Western ritual sites would occasionally get stuck in a kneeling pose, blocking your progress.
  • New in Town: Malareth has been run out of Vulkhel Guard for the time being, but she vows to return at a later date. Those of you on this quest are advised to abandon the quest until she returns. Not completing this quest will not impact any achievements.
Betnikh
  • Prove Your Worth: Fixed an issue where you would lose credit for dueling NPCs if other players interfered before the NPC could land a hit.
Glenumbra
  • Bloodthorn Assassins: Increased the respawn rate of suspicious cargo, plus the chance of the correct assassin spawning in the cargo.
  • Legacy of Baelborne Rock: Tanchim now yells at only you when interacting with the rune, instead of everyone in the region, including most of Daggerfall City.
  • Vale of the Guardians: Fixed an issue where the quest could get blocked if one of the monsters defending the Wyress got stuck.
Khenarthi’s Roost
  • The Perils of Diplomacy: Added a map pin to the location of the Green Lady to resolve an issue where the red mist leading to her location was not visible.
Rivenspire
  • Shornhelm Divided: Fixed an issue where the High King Emeric would occasionally not appear on the step “Meet High King Emeric.” You can now meet him!
Stonefalls
  • Death of Balreth: Fixed a couple of issues which were preventing you from containing the spirit at the end of the quest, blocking both completion and exit.
  • Restoring the Guardians: Fixed an issue that was preventing Ragebinder and/or Blaze from appearing when summoned.
User Interface
General
  • Fixed an issue where you could not zoom in to look at your first character’s face in the character creation menu.
  • The intro cinematic has been replaced with a new, higher quality version.
  • There is now an option to play the intro cinematic any time you’d like to watch it again.
  • The issue preventing chat and name filters from working has been fixed; chat and character names are now filtered for bad language. Please be aware that Customer Support may have to alter your character name if it breaks our naming requirements.
  • Added a textual warning when deleting a character reminding you that items still attached to characters on deletion will be deleted. This includes items granted through pre-ordering, Imperial Editions, and beta rewards.
    • Note: This message is currently only in German and French. We intend on adding an English message soon.

Comments

• M0rbidM0rbid Member Posts: 60
    Nice...

But what about the glaring account security exploits people have reported? No mention whatsoever of that...

Priorities :(
  • Dragonsfire9Dragonsfire9 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    These are yesterday's patch notes.
  • Dragoncline00Dragoncline00 Member Posts: 21
    These patch notes where just posted, so how can they be yesterdays???
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Dragonsfire9

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Indeed, you know i wouldent of been so mad if they just told me they were having problems. Instead of just were sorry you farmed gold/spammed your banned and there is nothing we can do.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Adding native gamepad support would beat that entire patch note. Shame on you, ZoS.

• ShrewdDuckShrewdDuck Member UncommonPosts: 21
    But what about the frog races?
  • DrahxDrahx Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Dragonsfire9

Kinda, but they've been updated

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303

Exploration & Itemization
    General
    • You will no longer receive veteran rank swords from fishing in Stonefalls.

Yeah, this stuff never happens to me. I'd love to be affected by that bug. Instead, I had to kill Baltreth 5 times. C'est la vie. I'm still having fun.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Now just bring the server up!!! =(

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    Adding native gamepad support would beat that entire patch note. Shame on you, ZoS.

So very true.

Xpadder just doesn't cut it.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    If they fixed Balreth and Guardians, Stonefall is going to go dead silent in chat. LOL
  • MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213
    These are good fixes, hope they keep the fixes & updates coming.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    Originally posted by Digna
    If they fixed Balreth and Guardians, Stonefall is going to go dead silent in chat. LOL

Well, accept for Gold Spammers and Guild Recruiters...

• chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291
    Wow these patch notes look really good I gotta say. Of what's being fixed, it all revolves around what people were having trouble with (aside from some account issues). Glad to know they're working that hard to get this running.
  • DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346
    I don't see "Silenced Daggerfall Banker" anywhere. This should have been at the top of their fixes list. How could they have missed it?
  • VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Mardy
    These are good fixes, hope they keep the fixes & updates coming.

They are fixes that should have been fixed in beta. I recognize many of them as ones I reported and I only got one beta session. I'm sure there were others that reported them in the previous beta session. (Which ran the same build)

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.