I just want to write down my first impressions with the game. I'm a huge TES fan, played through Morrowind 10+ times at least and played a lot Skyrim too (Well I not really like Oblivion). I immediately jumped into ESO. Well, it was a big learning experience for me.
What I liked in the game:
- Voiced dialogues: hell yeah, all of the dialogues was voiced. It was awesome.
- TES world/story: yeah I really like the storyline of the TES games.
- Hard: the game is not easy to play. (Yeah I got killed a few times when not paid enough attention.) This is pretty rare nowadays.
What I disliked:
- Quests everywhere: well, in this game I find quest everywhere what's really annoyed me. I don't want to play WoW or smthing like that (really dislike WoW), I want to play a real TES game. Morrowind/Skyrim was all about exploring. Yess, there was a few quest (I'll never forget the quest with the pillow lady in Balmora haha), but not quests to the max level. After like 3-4 quest I stopped listening to the npcs and just clicked all the dialogues randomly till I got the next quest stage. (This ruined the voiced dialogues part very quickly.) I got frustrated after like 15 quest so I went out to do some exploring. I started to search about random daedra shrines/barrows/caves/bandit strongholds etc, but haven't found any cool while in the old TES games it took me less than 5 mins to find a random Tomb/Cave etc! (Ok, I found a cave with a quest in it but thats it.) What i found is a hella lot more quests (what annoyed me even more).
- World map: everything on the map is a scaled down version compared to the other games. I know its an MMO, but it's really ruining the TES experience for me. (I don't know if High Hrothgar is in the game or not but it would be something like 20 meter high max. Yeah that's what high mean in this game.)
- Vvardenfell is not in the game: SERIOUSLY WHY?
Well this game is not bad, but it's like what's Diablo 3 compared to D2. Nothing. Not even the shadow of the original game. I'm pretty disappointed with it. (Not because it's bad, but because it's only TES in it's story/name/world.) If you are liking the TES games because the same reasons as me, don't buy this. If you like WoW type questing stuff just go and play.
Well, I missed the PvP. (Just tried it for a little. Too little to write anything about it.)