Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Servers Down for Unscheduled Maintenance

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

April 2nd Update (12:47 pm EST): The North American mega server is still down for maintenance. In the meantime, you can go to the Elder Scrolls Online site to check out the patch notes.

(source):

Last night a few North American users reported inventory-related issues with their character account, such as seeing additional inventory items appear, or seeing items that were not earned through gameplay. We've identified and fixed the problem, but the issue necessitated some downtime overnight for the North American megaserver. This problem has not manifested on the European server, so it continues to run as normal. The fix will be implemented as soon as all required pre-testing is complete this morning.

We were already planning to push a new game build to both servers this morning, and we will continue to work towards this. Stay tuned for complete patch note shortly. In addition to this aforementioned priority fix, we are also working quickly to restore our 'send in-game mail' functionality, some content blocking fixes that are preventing some users from finishing quests, and a few other tweaks. Our goal is to have all of these fixes initiated later this morning, eastern US time.

We will update this post as soon as we have an exact timeline for the service to be restored.            

Zenimax has announced via its service notice page that both the European and North American Elder Scrolls Online servers are down for an unscheduled maintenance. The regular Tuesday maintenance was not slated for today but subsequent to announcing that, servers were taken offline for an indeterminate amount of time.

2014.04.01 - 17:30 BST (12:30 p.m. EDT)

The North American and European Megaservers are offline for maintenance. We expect them to be back online shortly. Please keep an eye on the Service Alerts channel for any updates.

Keep track of the service updates on the Elder Scrolls Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

As long as it's back up before I'm home from work I'll be happy.

Really sucks for people who were off today and wanting to play.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    servers up!

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Ya that wasn't very long

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

If they felt they had to take the servers down it was probably a serious problem, maybe a bad exploit they had to patch.

I actually like this because it's usually an indication that the devs are on top of the problems.

• shalhassanshalhassan Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Hopefully they fixed the frog race. I needs me some hopping action.

"A single battle you have won, but so quick to think that this will be the end? I, like fear, am eternal, and in your dreams, I shall forever haunt."

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 627
    Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

If they felt they had to take the servers down it was probably a serious problem, maybe a bad exploit they had to patch.

I actually like this because it's usually an indication that the devs are on top of the problems.

All that and 3-day Early Access started today... maybe trying to beat the rush tonight?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Heh, looking at the time stamps here, it looks like they were pretty much up by the time you got the article posted :)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    It's been a great early access so far. Having a lovely time I am !
  • RosenthorneRosenthorne Member UncommonPosts: 94
    3 day early access is wonderful. I think I saw about 10 other players on the starter Island that I was on last night. No crowding at all! The only downside was that you couldn't zoom into you face at creation. Hopefully  we get offered a "remake " option as an apology in the future....

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

I did not see anything but got logged out now but I want to rest anyway.

its 1:40 am in EU

• ShamorauShamorau Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Originally posted by Rosenthorn
    3 day early access is wonderful. I think I saw about 10 other players on the starter Island that I was on last night. No crowding at all! The only downside was that you couldn't zoom into you face at creation. Hopefully  we get offered a "remake " option as an apology in the future....

hey man, the face thing is a bug. just make a random and the next time you make a new character its all good.

• RosenthorneRosenthorne Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Originally posted by Shamorau
    Originally posted by Rosenthorn

hey man, the face thing is a bug. just make a random and the next time you make a new character its all good.

Thanks for the tip :) Will do

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    Fix for zoom issue...create char, delete it, now u can zoom
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Originally posted by DMKano

Unscheduled maintenance for the 2nd time now:

SERVICE ALERTS

2014.04.02 - 06:00 BST (01:00 a.m. EDT)

The Live North American MegaServer is currently offline for maintenance

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail2/a_id/4320

Call me crazy, but something tells me they're trying to fix broken stuff for a 2nd time now.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • machajasmachajas Member UncommonPosts: 47
    At least the downtime fixed several broken quests and dark anchors. And hopefully that quest loophole so you can't pump 40 lvls out of it.

Born from blood,
    trained to kill,
    ready to die,
    but never will!

• MMO-RelicMMO-Relic Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Originally posted by machajas
    At least the downtime fixed several broken quests and dark anchors. And hopefully that quest loophole so you can't pump 40 lvls out of it.

So that's how they did it. Figures.

Acolytes Gaming (forums.acolytesgaming.com)

Sheep or Shepard- Make up your own damn mind.

It is true, the older you get, the less patience you have for those who watch a Youtube video and from that believe they know it all.

• BillSussmanBillSussman Member Posts: 42
    Servers are 100% not back up and running lol.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by BillSussman
    Servers are 100% not back up and running lol.

Well that's what happens when you look at 16 hour old thread lol

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BillSussmanBillSussman Member Posts: 42
    Haha yea i noticed after i wrote the comment :P
  • DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Despite a couple of wonky quests, the launch has been extremely smooth. I was very surprised how stable it has been.
  • WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

People were logging into their accounts, but other people's characters.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by WolfClaws

ok. If this is true.  this is a serious problem.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by orbitxo

ok. If this is true.  this is a serious problem.

Apparently it's real and is likely why they've been down for so long. It's beyond serious. Reddit post about it

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    I didn't sleep one minute. Insomnia is fun!!! i have finished 4 movies now waiting for servers to get back online and check out how much stuff i have lost due to this security  breach issue.
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Yyyyyeeeeeeowtch!!!