Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

simple question: Are you enjoying it so far?

Comments

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

It's great. I know nothing about this game other that it's an elder scrolls game and it uses the traditional P2P model most MMOs used to have. I find the game very immersive. I love it. But then again I don't worry about game systems, mechanics, non-linearity, endgame etc. I just don't care. I don't read about games up front any more. I just buy them and play them. 

Reading reviews, watching other people playing it, reading about features etc. just puts you in a biased mindset. So I am not sure hpw this game going to turn out like but will find soon and I like what I am saying at the moment.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

game is great playing the whole day every day but getting pissed at  bugs.

that frog quest and people say it works maybe if you can persuade.

where do you get that skill?

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

Enjoying it way more than I thought I would and even talked a couple of buddies into buying it today.   

For the first time in many years,  I'm actually looking forward to just exploring the world.   It's a refreshing change from level / gear grinds and mindless quests.  

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Absolutely loving the game.  The action combat with reticle targeting is really refreshing in a MMO.  First game in quite awhile in which I don't care about leveling fast, because I'm having fun just looking around and exploring.  I heard about someone getting to 50 in 1 day, I just shrug it off going "big deal, been there done that", and back to enjoying my exploration.

So far so good, really having a great time.  Oh and even low level mobs have caught me offguard quite a few times and pwned me, now that doesn't happen often.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by handlewithcare

game is great playing the whole day every day but getting pissed at  bugs.

that frog quest and people say it works maybe if you can persuade.

where do you get that skill?

Persuade and Intimidate are skils in the Mages and Fighters guild trees respectively. They can be used to skip certain parts of quests.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I'm finding it to be boring, clunky and just not very fun. But I'm at the early stages of the game, so maybe it'll change. Combat sucks hard, but I shouldn't be surprised. It was bad in beta, it's the same bad in final. The NPC collision though was a smart move.
  • marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Loving it, but playing it very differently to many.

I've created four toons and none of them have left the starter island.

Just opening chests and researching items while wandering around randomly.

I may do some of those quests things when I run out of lockpicks, maybe :)

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Yes.  I am doing some PvP, Some crafting, some harvesting, some PvE, some dungeons, some mob farming for exp/items.

Mix it up!

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

I have only played about 8 hours total so far, and I am enjoying it.

I was skeptical about preordering the game, but I am glad that I did.

--------------------------------------------
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    YES
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    yep
  • CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    I've really been enjoying the game. Just haven't had time to play it!. Thank god my vacation starts tonight! I'll be going to Tameriel!
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

I am enjoying it alot more than I thought I would.  Quests aren't a snoozefest and it actually feels like a world you want to explore.

It is also the first time in a long time that I've died from low level mobs. Thinking about trying to cancel my wildstar pre order.  

• InfearealInfeareal Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Yep, wishing I had more time to enjoy it though. Big launch at work and regular family duties been holding me back. I was going to take a couple days off to enjoy but just do not have the ability to right now.
  • SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by Vannor

There's some quest issues but other than that I've had no problems.

Way it is right now, Zenimax has set new standards in this genre, in my opinion. They have proven you don't need to copy WoW. It's only going to get better.

So, yep, I'm enjoying it.

This might ZoS's greatest trick. That they've managed to convince soooooo many people they've reinvented the wheel. That the game is some brand new idea, that it's "different".

Reality check - it isn't.

It's everything we've all seen before, and better done elsewhere I might add, and much of it similar to what's in WoW. As much I personally loathe WoW (just not my thing), their is a reason it has so many subs, and had them over such a long period. TESO tried to straddle TES and an MMO - the end result being it does both rather mediocre on both fronts.

ESO isn't revolutionary, and doesn't bring anything particularly unique to the table. What it is, is NEW. And humans have a tendency to get all excited over new, shiny things. And what it also is, is SAFE. The game is neither horribly bad, but it isn't particularly amazing either. It's..... middle of the road, familiar, comfortable. ZoS have very cannily ensured the game launch is relatively smooth, compared to numerous other MMO's anyway, and props to them for that - goodness knows their have been too many launch shambles.

The real trick will be in 3, 6, 12 months time, when the new car smell has worn off. Much like with every other MMO, since.... well, since WoW I suppose lol. It'll be fine for a while, but then most MMO's are. I see nothing in the game that will make it any different from the majority of past MMO's. It'll be interesting to see if people are willing to settle for watered down versions of game machanics that can and are done better in other games - and continue to keep paying for it.

• hardy83hardy83 Member Posts: 47

I was enjoying it, but there's a progression stopping bug with a zone quest with the Ebonheart faction.

Something about defeating a monster in a volcano. You can't do an action after you beat the monster, and you can't progress with the zones story, or your character story until you do it. Which makes progression pretty much stop.

So I went around Cyrodiil and got all the non dungeon skyshards that I could get, since I don't know how to get into the enemy corners, and got a quest to steal an elderscroll but the campaign I was on already had them all, so...Yeah I just kind of stopped playing. lol

Also I have serious issues with the inventory management in this game. Doing just ONE profession takes up enough space, but you're encourage to do more than that and provisioning, enchanting take up a TON of space. Then there's researching gear for traits, which takes up even more space since the research times for this action are just dumb. Like bad design dumb. 6-24+ hours to research a trait for ONE piece of equipment type, even though you can't even put that trait on unless you have the right "gem".....Who thought that was a good idea!? lol

Also, other than VO volume levels being all over the place and the VO actors switching mid conversation with one NPC, I've been enjoying what I can play.

Until that bug is fixed, I probably won't be playing, other than to log in to research more items and wait another day. lol Not looking promising on me resubbing.

Also, I'm aware MMO launches are usually rough, but not having main quests working at launch is really bad no regardless.

Also not having you start in the beginner island, missing huge chunks of your factions backstory and lore was a really stupid decision.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I went from enjoying it to can't quit except to bio and sleep, eating is now optional. It is very addictive and I wasn't a huge fan of it, but now I can honestly say I'm loving it.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by hardy83

I was enjoying it, but there's a progression stopping bug with a zone quest with the Ebonheart faction.

Something about defeating a monster in a volcano. You can't do an action after you beat the monster, and you can't progress with the zones story, or your character story until you do it. Which makes progression pretty much stop.

So I went around Cyrodiil and got all the non dungeon skyshards that I could get, since I don't know how to get into the enemy corners, and got a quest to steal an elderscroll but the campaign I was on already had them all, so...Yeah I just kind of stopped playing. lol

Also I have serious issues with the inventory management in this game. Doing just ONE profession takes up enough space, but you're encourage to do more than that and provisioning, enchanting take up a TON of space. Then there's researching gear for traits, which takes up even more space since the research times for this action are just dumb. Like bad design dumb. 6-24+ hours to research a trait for ONE piece of equipment type, even though you can't even put that trait on unless you have the right "gem".....Who thought that was a good idea!? lol

Also, other than VO volume levels being all over the place and the VO actors switching mid conversation with one NPC, I've been enjoying what I can play.

Until that bug is fixed, I probably won't be playing, other than to log in to research more items and wait another day. lol Not looking promising on me resubbing.

Also, I'm aware MMO launches are usually rough, but not having main quests working at launch is really bad no regardless.

Also not having you start in the beginner island, missing huge chunks of your factions backstory and lore was a really stupid decision.

Try not looting the mob until after the quest has completed.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Originally posted by SalmonMan

This might ZoS's greatest trick. That they've managed to convince soooooo many people they've reinvented the wheel. That the game is some brand new idea, that it's "different".

It's everything we've all seen before, and better done elsewhere I might add, and much of it similar to what's in WoW. As much I personally loathe WoW (just not my thing), their is a reason it has so many subs, and had them over such a long period. TESO tried to straddle TES and an MMO - the end result being it does both rather mediocre on both fronts.

ESO isn't revolutionary, and doesn't bring anything particularly unique to the table. What it is, is NEW. And humans have a tendency to get all excited over new, shiny things. And what it also is, is SAFE. The game is neither horribly bad, but it isn't particularly amazing either. It's..... middle of the road, familiar, comfortable. ZoS have very cannily ensured the game launch is relatively smooth, compared to numerous other MMO's anyway, and props to them for that - goodness knows their have been too many launch shambles.

The real trick will be in 3, 6, 12 months time, when the new car smell has worn off. Much like with every other MMO, since.... well, since WoW I suppose lol. It'll be fine for a while, but then most MMO's are. I see nothing in the game that will make it any different from the majority of past MMO's. It'll be interesting to see if people are willing to settle for watered down versions of game machanics that can and are done better in other games - and continue to keep paying for it.

K

• hardy83hardy83 Member Posts: 47

Try not looting the mob until after the quest has completed.

You can't. In this quest you're suppose to collect the mobs "essence" or something, but the NPC that's with you and this "essence" go invisible and you can't do anything, other than leave the solo instance.

I've looked on the official forums and it is indeed bugged and still bugged.

It totally killed my enjoyment of the game I have having. :(

Nothing to do but wait until they fix it.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Most "good" ThemeParks are fun for the first month or two. It quickly deteriorates after that.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by SalmonMan
    Originally posted by Vannor

There's some quest issues but other than that I've had no problems.

Way it is right now, Zenimax has set new standards in this genre, in my opinion. They have proven you don't need to copy WoW. It's only going to get better.

So, yep, I'm enjoying it.

So true. I haven't seen a single thing in this game that is reinventing anything. The only interesting aspect is the somewhat open ended skill system which although is flexible for being in a ThemePark, is just a watered down version of the one in Skyrim and previous ES games.

Is that single aspect enough to make this game standout? Doubt it. F2P/B2P within a year.

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493

Yes!!! 

I must've stayed in the starter area hours longer than I should have!! So much stuff keeps distracting me ^^.

Been playing since sunday and hit level 10 yesterday!

Haven't jumped on yet , got to do some yard work, but man after that...it's on!!!!

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by Yamota

So true. I haven't seen a single thing in this game that is reinventing anything. The only interesting aspect is the somewhat open ended skill system which although is flexible for being in a ThemePark, is just a watered down version of the one in Skyrim and previous ES games.

Is that single aspect enough to make this game standout? Doubt it. F2P/B2P within a year.

I don't think anyone's saying it's reiventing anything. GW2 was the one with the crazy zealots who believed it was the revolutinary mmorpg ever. But as you said, atleast for me, it might be a good themepark for a couple of months with the leveling experience (and i'm keeping an eye on the RVR for now). I'm simply not playing because of the sub.

I think alot of people are also just playing for the fun. They don't have an issue with the sub, so off they go. 

Anyway, nice to see everyone having fun.

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

I have to say best launch I have ever had not had a problem with any quests some times I have to find the right spot to finish a quest right quest mob in  a huge zone right quest object among 40  so far great accept the gold spammer and the exploiters but there is now a mod sight esoui.com going to download some mods try them out get rid of a few things I dislike like gold spammers