Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can someone link me the client?

MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

I dont think this is against the rules... You cant play illegal without a sub or anything...

I got the 3 day headstart, I deleted the game because I wanted to redownload it, but I still only have the beta client downloader.

I know that the beta client should update to the retail game, but my client says the game size is 52 GB can that be right?

Theres 3 folders:

Launcher - 285 KB

The Elder Scrolls Online - 21,8 GB

The Elder Scrolls Online EU - 30 GB

Total - 52 GB

This ain't right is it?

Comments

• slimjim22slimjim22 Member UncommonPosts: 41
    idk, but my ESO folder is 30.6 GBs. im in the US
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Would anyone care to share the link to the official launcher?

Or should the beta installation do the trick? I got the eso beta launcher installer on my machine, so if it just updates correctly I have no worries.

And why is my ESO 52 gb? Should I delete the one that doesnt say EU?

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    When you log into to your account on official website. They have the link to download the retail client there. You having problem with that?
    Well my folder size is 52 gb people say that is not normal. Should I delete one of the folders?

And no I do not have the client under my account since I only registered the head start since the game key will be sent out later.

Why is my folder 52 gb? :(

I have 3 folders under elder scrolls online

That is weird because i have also added only the headstart key and i see the retail download link.

However, you are good to go with beta one because it will automatically patch it up to the latest client and you will end up with 30 gb install folder.

Well mine is still 52 gb. Don't know if it had added both beta and retail...

But I can see 3 day head start is added and I do not have a download link
    I suggest don't delete anything  yet. let the whole game install first then you will know which folder is relevant (it should be the one with 30 gb after compression). delete the rest.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Would anyone care to share the link to the official launcher?

Or should the beta installation do the trick? I got the eso beta launcher installer on my machine, so if it just updates correctly I have no worries.

Goto your account page. There is a download option. When you have downloaded the launcher use "settings" and select the mega server you want to use. You should then only download the version you need. Which is either EU or US.

I updated last week. But at first wanted to redownload the EU game version. But got the message I need atleast 60gb of space. So for now I ignore the EU. Then I wanted to repair/check my files and again (while maybe not needed) a window popped up with the message of needing 60gb. Usually uninstall beta data and place a clean install with the full game. Will still happen but not getting it before 4.4.14 because I only got the pre-order box/key.

Other question: Do you already have the beta game? Then do as I told in the beginning and make sure you select the right megaserver in options, selecting the one you used in beta should only update the game and you should be set to go after updating..

Under downloads / Where the BETA client were:

But if I look under billing history:

My ESO launcher settings:

My ESO folder (which after reinstall of launcher actually seems normal now:

And when I try to log into the game:

And the perfect thing?

All their workers are located in the US - So when I'm free from work, they are sleeping. They might be, since they stop responding on their support at that time.

Now I understand there can be problems at launch.

What I do not understand is, why only a SMALL AMOUNT has this problem, and why I'm not getting informed in any way, of if they are working on it or anything!

I paid for being able to play earlier. But I cannot play.

Well now they suggested to change password.

So I did.

It did not work. And besides, now I cannot use my previous password so I have to write it down. Really uncool, zenimax

Sorry to hear you're still not ingame. I can't tell you if it might be that EU version. While I am EU and as mentioned above i my former reply I just took the US version which was also the version I played in beta. No problems so far.

Well shit happens. My problem is it affects me. I paid for headstart - unlike many others I do not get what I paid for.

Even worse is that now I cannot use my favorite password. I have to use a shitty password now, because zenimax suggested that I should change it to see if that helps.
    You can still change your password in account settings.
    You cannot change it back to a previously used password

I fear my client might be bugged...

Anyone besides me who gets this problem?

When I start the game, and close the game, I get an error that the launcher stopped working?

And it also causes my Chrome to crash...

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Because we played on the US server, then the EU server went up.  The first folder you have is the USA version and the one marked EU is of course the EU server version.  Just rename the folder you don't want to use, run launcher, set to the region you want to use and game should start, maybe with a patch.

When the game is running to your satisfaction delete the spare folder that you renamed.

Originally posted by Dibdabs

Because we played on the US server, then the EU server went up.  The first folder you have is the USA version and the one marked EU is of course the EU server version.  Just rename the folder you don't want to use, run launcher, set to the region you want to use and game should start, maybe with a patch.

When the game is running to your satisfaction delete the spare folder that you renamed.

Yeah I did a rerun of the client, and now my folder is only 30 GB.

I still cannot login though.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Well shit happens. My problem is it affects me. I paid for headstart - unlike many others I do not get what I paid for.

Even worse is that now I cannot use my favorite password. I have to use a shitty password now, because zenimax suggested that I should change it to see if that helps.

For what it's worth, if you have a "favorite" password, then it was probably time to change it up anyway.  That's how accounts (not just MMO's) get compromised.

You make me like charity

Originally posted by asmkm22

For what it's worth, if you have a "favorite" password, then it was probably time to change it up anyway.  That's how accounts (not just MMO's) get compromised.

I have always an authenticator when possible anyway so that is not a problem.

But this did not solve my problem. I still can't login!

My ESO launcher also seems bugged - but I cannot download a new client, since there are no download link under my account where I can download it.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

My ESO launcher also seems bugged - but I cannot download a new client, since there are no download link under my account where I can download it.

Here's the PC link.  I'm not convinced it's going to solve your problem though.

http://elderscrolls-a.akamaihd.net/products/BNA_Launcher/Install_ESO.exe

You make me like charity

• sfc1971sfc1971 Member UncommonPosts: 421

The two big folders are for the different mega servers, the one with EU in it is for the EU server, the one without for the US server. If you only want to play on one, you can delete the other.

In the launcher, near the center is a small O like symbol that drops down a option menu when clicked. There is a repair option.

Right now, the US server is down for maintenance, so no matter what you do, you can't login right now.

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396
    I had to get a new computer and download it on my new PC. Just go to ESO's main website; click on account, and log in, when you do, you should see a "purchased games" on the right, and below that "Download PC client"
  • Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Servers are down at the moment....so that maybe the issue?

Here's the PC link.  I'm not convinced it's going to solve your problem though.

http://elderscrolls-a.akamaihd.net/products/BNA_Launcher/Install_ESO.exe

Probably not, but given my launcher seems corrupted I would like a fresh install before I might be able to play.

Atm when I start the client and start the game, I get the "your login is incorrect. Please try again."

When I shut down the game the launcher crashes and comes with a Windows Error saying the application stopped working. So I will try to get a new, "fresh and clean" installation.

Originally posted by Matticus75
    I had to get a new computer and download it on my new PC. Just go to ESO's main website; click on account, and log in, when you do, you should see a "purchased games" on the right, and below that "Download PC client"

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571

Under downloads / Where the BETA client were:

But if I look under billing history:

My ESO launcher settings:

My ESO folder (which after reinstall of launcher actually seems normal now:

And when I try to log into the game:

And the perfect thing?

All their workers are located in the US - So when I'm free from work, they are sleeping. They might be, since they stop responding on their support at that time.

Now I understand there can be problems at launch.

What I do not understand is, why only a SMALL AMOUNT has this problem, and why I'm not getting informed in any way, of if they are working on it or anything!

I paid for being able to play earlier. But I cannot play.

That's what you get as a EU customer, when the servers and all the working staff is placed on US.

Ahhh sry forgot...EU server (and staff?) will move to EU...SOON...